Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Camrose, AB

From my experience, working at Walmart is (on average) better than people say that it is. Especially as a first job or a summer job, it certainly isn't unthinkable or something that you should avoid. That being said, I'll point out my struggles at my specific workplace. Firstly, the largest problem is that the entire management staff is focused on meeting quotas rather than actually providing excellent customer service. Fast, efficient, friendly cashiers are completely disregarded, while cashiers that are lucky enough to get Mastercard applications are enveloped in praise and given special treatment. Secondly, some minor mistakes can be punished by a discipline if the employee doesn't meet quotas, while some major mistakes can be ignored if the employee DOES meet quotas; a practice which becomes very frustrating for some hourly workers. As a whole, my experience was very location-based. Some Walmarts may provide their workers with excellent incentive and reasonable consequences for their actions. Mine, unfortunately, was filled with management staff that cared far too deeply about the way that their bosses viewed them, and cared far too little about their customers or workers.
Pros
Generous breaks, reasonable hours, and a comfortable workplace
Cons
Favoritism among workers, disregard for some employees, and occasional abuse of power
I had an excellent time working here. There was a good group of friendly employee's. The work could be a little hard at times but if I needed assistance there was always somone willing to help
The staff is kind and cares about other peoples. but the job is really slow and you don't get benefits its an easy lay back starting job but not to make a living.
they were nice and good people to work with . the customers were very nice and the management was good to all of the staff and the customers .
The workplace itself was okay, in my opinion the management was not the best, responsibilities were simple and easy to understand. Overall a good job but could definitely have been better.
Pros
15% discount at Walmart
Cons
Management wasn’t the best
Able to really get to know your coworkers and become comfortable with working with them. Management was always really kind and willing to work with you to achieve better results.
Worked here fo a few months. Managers hated me because I was young. Never worked with a school or sport schedule(all I asked was for 3 nights off a week) and all around nobody I worked with enjoyed this job
This is a place that says they respect the individual, but on occasion, they prove they don't walk the walk even though they talk the talk. If you can survive 3 months, you'll get a discount card for 10% off your purchases there and at the in-store McDonalds. Enjoyable part of my job? I got plenty of fresh air and was able to determine when I took my own breaks. Hardest part? The stress from not knowing if I'd do something that would get me yelled at or written up.
Pros
Food Fridays and Insurance and Retirement Benefits after 1 Year
Cons
Management doesn't say thanks when you work extra hard and will go behind your back.
The people I work with are amazing. Everyone that’s on the same “level” as you treats you with respect and it’s a fun work environment. It is a great place to work as your first job.
Pros
food friday
Walmart is good company to work for and I would recommend it for those needing employment. As a company it's wages are fair and it's benefits package is acceptable.
Pros
close to home
Cons
not enough hours
great place most the managers and staff are great great benifits and resonable hours lots of charity events food fridays and lots other perks to the job
Pros
food friday
Excellent company Front end manager is rude Best part of the job was getting to help my co workers I started out as a cashier then went to become a department manger then left as department manager for as management wanted my help back up at the front The best part as a customer service manger gave me a chance to be able to help customers as well as co workers
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Had to fight for family time
Management needs to be better trained on how to schedule a large amount of staff/employees. Better workmanship needs to be put in place, how to run departments more efficiently. More pay, especially for those who have to work over time. Students do not have the option to receive benefits or part-time. Nor are they eligible for Overtime, despite being frequently asked to do so.
Cons
long hours poor pay
Friendly environment, staff are great to work with. I loved working with the customers, and that every day was different but there was some routine throughout the day.
Starts off by sorting all the stock into the separate departments, then you take a section and fill the shelves with anything that needs restocking. Great for building teamwork skills.
I really enjoyed meeting new people on a day to day basis and look forward to doing so again if giving the chance . I'm a real people person , not a rude bine in my body and just really liking forward to being to provide a service to the community with my great personality an charisma .would really like to enjoy getting to know new co workers and hopefully taking a few new friends along the way...
Good job would love to work there again if I could I enjoyed the people and the customers.its long hours. Needs to have snacks for employeesthat would be awesome
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long days
walmart is an good starting place. but do not stay there. working weekends are mandatory and customers can be difficult but the coworkers are pleasent. also they wont tell you the job benefits and such.
A typical day was never the same. Your position sometimes got changed a couple times in a day. It gave you opportunities to have change throughout the day so you don't become frustrated by being in a repetitive positions.
Pros
Good pay and long shifts
Cons
short lunch breaks
What I Learned - merchandising, setting modulars, many different programs in the Gemini gun, different paperwork dealing with inventory and pricing, setting up for inventory and how to assume a leadership role. Management - Management changed many times over the course of my employment. Only the last manager during my employment was the least liked, was very disrespectful to staff and customers, and did not support the associates. The assistants followed his lead. Co-workers - for the most part I had excellent co-workers. Some I wanted ten of, some I wanted to move to another department. This is all typical though in a big company. Hardest part of the job - dealing with management Most enjoyable part of the job - customers, co-workers, doing a job to the end and seeing the results in a well-stocked, well laid out manner, and making sure everything was organized and well marked (both in the back and out on the floor) The manager that I had when I was first hired and the next three (in rapid succession) were wonderful and made the store seem like a family. Had I answered these questions back then they would have been very different. The old saying is true...the manager makes the store.
Pros
Benefits as Full-time worker
Cons
The Manager
Wal-mart was a good job i enjoyed the work and the people along with it. I was always busy from my regular duties or from another employee in need. I had many responsibilities from my main duties collecting carts and relocating them inside, to maintaining the cleanliness of the store. Other responsibilities would require me to help another associate in his or her department if needed.
Pros
Always busy. Had great people to work with
Cons
Not enough hours. No benefits.