Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Campbell River, BC

Did overnight stocking. There is a lot to know and they expect you to work quickly. I did not feel that management values its employees. We would hard right until shift end and then they would give you a bunch of last minute tasks as if you were lazy all night. If you are short handed they expect you to haul freight until you can't do it anymore. The middle managers are poorly trained and they are not qualified in many cases to lead other people.Look....they pay a base rate of $14 per hour. That's a ridiculously low wage for the amount of effort they expect. Walmart like many other huge companies cares about profit most. not the people that work for them. They take you...then work you until your sick of it...then just hire somebody else.Walmart has no union, they are greedy, they take advantage of low income people who have a hard time getting work. They fill your head full of stuff like profit sharing and promotion which is mostly false.Work there if you have to.Otherwise don't.
Pros
They are always hiring.
Cons
Nobody likes to work there.
I have worked at Walmart since october 2019, my front end manager has been very cruel and mean. I have tried to change my availability, and now my boss is threatening to cut my hours back to part time. I got the opportunity to be a customer service manager, that turned out to be a major mistake. I have now gone back to being a cashier and it has been so terrible. I have done everything that was asked of me, and picked up all the shifts when Walmart called. They dont care if you can work or not. I have noticed that my front end manager likes to favor certain people at work and treat others very unfairly.
Pros
Working with good people
Cons
Front end manager
Always understaffed or staff calling in, not a fun place to work as the Customer expectations do not add up to the pay or staff they have hired. Holidays are a gong show there is a reason staff seems unhappy is because they are shown no respect or appreciation.
good managers and employees, fit in good and had fun
During my time at Walmart I have worked 9 hour shifts with minimum break time, and got harassed at my job by older customers. not a fun time. if you wanna work there don't be a cashier
Pros
free food sometimes
Cons
alot
good environment, good people, lots of things to learn and lot of coverage and benefit. extra personnel and good working hours. a good job on a resume for sure
Days could be long and slow or busy and fast; if you like standing and talking to people this job would work for you. hours vary and flexible. job itself not hard.
I started at 6:30am which I enjoyed as I was off at 3. Great partner to work with. All backroom staff was excellent. I would work with all of them again. I enjoyed my job and I enjoyed dealing with all of the truck drivers and couriers that came to the door. I am still friends with some of them to this day.
Pros
Nice time to start work, got to leave early afternoon.
Cons
Low pay. Only 30 cents per year increase.
Competitive wages, easy to move up in company, can relocate to any other Walmart, fun staff team, you can earn commission by signing people up for the Walmart mastercard
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Slightly boring
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Every job has its good and bad days. Walmart can be a wonderful place to work 99% of the time. Sometimes with how situations are handled though, it makes the work environment very undesirable.
Pros
Associates are great
Cons
Understaffed
Walmart is a great company to work in, they treat their employees very respectfully and the hours were great but i think something a little faster paced would be better suited for me.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
None.
I enjoyed the interaction with my co-workers and most of my customers. I also enjoyed working with the photo equipment and the opportunity to learn about cameras and photo development.
Pros
good benefits
I enjoyed meeting new people at my job as a cashier and was willing to work as many hours as I could get. The best part about being a cashier was the customers. They were all really nice to me and vise versa. I always had a smile no matter what my circumstances and I enjoyed my job. I learned to be fast and efficient at my job as a cashier.
Pros
we were given 10% off on all merchandise and meeting new people was a plus.
Cons
some of the hours were long but i persavered.
Day began with typical maintenance, turned on T.V's, dusted shelves and made sure merchandise is neat and accessible. Learned how to interact with people in an enjoyable way, valuable counting skills, building pallets in an efficient manner, proficient computer skills. Management dealt with problems quickly and effectively and are willing to help with job related and personal issues. The hardest part of the job is repetitive actions and sometimes troublesome customers. I enjoyed helping people and making sure they found and were satisfied with what they were looking for.
Pros
Left overs from bakery and deli, flexible hours, plenty of departments to learn.
Cons
Repetitive work, low staff, low pay.
If you aren't looking for stable hours, and you are physically fit to stand for extended hours than you are going to be fine. You must also have GREAT costumer service.
Pros
over min wage
Cons
do not accommodate the right hours/days