Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Cambridge, ON

While employed at my local Walmart store; the management and staff had a great working relationship but can be a bit clicky. However, if you are willing to learn and do the work you can achieve noted appreciation and advancement. I appreciated that they hire from within first for positions.
Pros
early shift allowed for lots of day time
Cons
physical and on your feet
Management at Walmart was unorganized on the best of days would constantly pull you away from your department and get mad at you for not finishing your work well pulling you away for hours at a time to work in other departments would make you do different departments work and not pay you extra even when it became a daily occurrence do not work at Walmart they will not treat you fairly
I think everyone should start a first job in the retail/food industry. You learn so much, such as learning how to deal with difficult customers, using customer service to speak appropriately on the phone, etc. Those types of jobs are where you learn the basic skills you need for any workplace.
Due to the flexible scheduling and amount of employees working with you, it is an awesome place for students. They give plenty of hours and are extremely understanding about every reason of absence! I enjoy working there and everybody is extremely friendly! It does get really busy on even the most regular days, but that just makes the time go faster.
A tupical day at work . Good stass good costumers good salary and excellent work experience. The management is also very good. All departments have relaxable work . Not stressful work.
If you apply as a part time flex this is not for you,3 week’s schedule for zero hours is waiting for you.You dont have any manager to tell your issues.Nobody cares.
The management at Walmart was very considerate and understanding of any schedule changes. My coworkers were very kind and ready to help me as a new member. The work was not that straining but it did require a good amount of walking and memorizing. Overall I really enjoyed my time working there.
Once you are familiar with pace of work, it is fun place to work. Walmart employees are treated well with respect. Like every coin has two sides, there are pros and cons of Walmart but overall it is nice place to start earnings.
emphasizes more on team-work. Good work culture. Enhances management skills and very friendly environment. Appreciates your work and also motivates through giving incentives.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Not a very professional work place. Management isn't professional and associates and customers are very rude. Everybody is very miserable there and hours are always being cut.
Pros
Non scheduled breaks or lunches
Cons
Management is very unprofessional
i am a cashier and cash out customers all day i do cleanup at my til when leaving, always replenish tools needed and help customers with packing and questions about product. The most enjoyable part of the job is the repeat customers that specifically come to me and the hardest part is not getting enough hours
Wal-mart was fun to work at because I was able to learn and do new things! Where i started off as reno crew member, to moving up and learning my customer skills better! Will miss working there for sure!
Moving at all times, working on my own time, breaks were comfortable and the hours i needed were given to me. Quit position for school reasons and this is a big regret, there are no jobs as good as walmart.
Pros
Long hours, Long breaks.
Cons
Environment was not fast paced but very slow.
"This company is one that promotes a work/life balance and I have never had a harder time balancing my family life than I have here. i am travelling by bus
As a full time student, Walmart made sure to be flexible and understanding of the busy student schedule. They were fair with hours and could balance a good work to study ratio. The hardest part of working at Walmart was the miscommunication that could take place between associates and management. Overall, it was a great place to work as a part time employee.
worked with many customers and really built a skill to deal with different kinds of people. moved around the store and were trusted with many tasks at a young age
I learned how to communicate with different type of people and deal with them. Also learned how to train subordinates. Learned to be confident in whatever you do. Hardest part was to lift heavy weights but there was a profit in that too, you get to workout by doing that. Easiest part was to deal with different customers.
i worked here for only a few months and it wasn't so bad my job was pretty decent. i did my job cleaning the floors and making sure everything was clean and as long as i did that i was not bothered by anyone in management just customers looking for stuff they could not find or asking for stuff in the back. you can l;earn a lot about the departments you work around as long as you ask other employees and keep that knowledge stored in your head. pay is what is to be expected, minimum wage, and maybe a bit more but not much you can advance through the ranks as much of management has done but it takes dedication to the job and learning more departments and how they operate.
all people are very good and help me to know about different culture eco-friendly environment & fun games are there Task has been given by management and learn many things from that
• informed of all the changes occurring during the renovation. • Kept customers informed through and offered services. • On off-peak times, helped merchandize stokers stock shelves, and performed various other tasks.
This company does NOT care about the people working for them. You're treated like a number and if you happen to be full time they will try everything to either get you to quit or drop down to part time so they don't have to pay for benefits. For such a simple job, the work environment is toxic and feels like a high school full of immature kids. Save your sanity and seek employment elsewhere.