Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Burnaby, BC

Love my work as I get a chance to interact with different people. My patience level increases i have to deal with all kinds of people with warmness. Learned various skills such as organizational skills, communication skills, etc.
It Depends on What location you work at but some Assistant Managers just don't do their jobs ,some Policy from home office are just stupid. You barely get paid just above minim wage, plus the pay is not staggered like it should be. Some new hires could be making the same amount or more then an employ who had been working for them for more than three years.
Pros
nice coworkers.
Cons
abuse from customers, managers that don't come when paged or called, too little pay for the drama you get. Policy's that don't make sense.
Flexible Hours. Always have something to do - you won't be bored. Lots of routine tasks, but it is an entry level job, so this is not a surprise. Most of your colleagues are willing to help.
Horrible management. No employee appreciation what so ever. You can work as hard as you want, but if you are part time, you are not doing any work according to them!
Walmart is an average company where business conduct is not as great as it is expected to be however there sre lots of people who like to work there or to shop there for its simplicity
Walmart is a great Brand in today's era. I love working in Walmart because all the employees are very cooperative with each other. Moreover, Team work is awesome in walmart.
good place and learning environment. friendly staff, cooperative and professional. Definitely want to work again if get chance. I learnt pharmacy work flow
Management is so weak. They don't have even good management skills. Even some managers have discrimination policies. Moreover, senior associates especially those are close to managers behave rudely.
I learned how to treat customers properly. I communicated with the customers. I learned how to speak with the co-workers. Greeted the customers in a busy setting.
Overall Walmart is a great workplace, a great work environment, friendly and hardworking co-workers and working there comes with a lot of fun and benefits.
- Hard working days with little pay - Learned to manage stocks and use power equipment - Bad management - Okay Culture - Management didn't know anything - Making friends with co-workers and interacting with customers
My managers were knowledgeable and enthusiastic about their job and about any other jobs that needed to be done at Walmart. The work place was caring and professional, also make you feel appreciated. The hardest part of my job was dealing with aggressive customers coming into Walmart every so often. The most enjoyable part was making people happy, by either finding what they were looking for or helping them carryout a purchase to their vehicle.
Good experience approx a one year completed and best environment skills and able to cooperate with other customer experience and. I know hoe to do almost all departments
Assigning departments to associates and making sure that they clean up the department. Taking returns from customer service that customers don't want and returning the item(s) to the floor if it can be resold.
I was posted in the Electronics and Photo Lab department wherein i learnt about the various services provided by Walmart ie. Instant/one-hour/online photo print. I was posted in various other departments ie. Hardware/Houseware/Toys for customer support.
A place to get initial experience, however it is not a highly qualified place to give enough credit to hard working employees. there needs to be more managerial improvements.
Pros
opportunity
Cons
Not enough hours
Basic job, not very fulfilling. Customers are very rude and aggressive which has given me very strong people skills.
I had a good work experience at Walmart, the only constraint was less working hours due to the number of employees at that location. I have experience is sales, Bakery and Fashion.
Pros
diversity
Cons
short hours
It was an okay job, but I feel it's not the place I want to be working. My manager will push you to work more days and I don't have time to study, and skip my class. He doesn't want me to work less, if I asked for 2-3 days.
Cons
Long Hours, Mean staff
Cashier was a fun job as from the moment I would stand at the register to the end, I would love greeting people talking to them about their day and helping them checkout their items. There was no hard part because I liked the job.
Definitely a demanding place to work at as you are constantly expected to do more with less. Generally the employees have a distaste towards how much they get paid for the amount of work they put in, but if you are working here just to make ends meet then you are doing it completely wrong. As being one of the biggest companies on planet, if you are an individual who is willing to take initiatives, there is a lot that can be learned while working at Walmart regardless of your role. I feel with the management most of them definitely lack professionalism as they are hired internally and have not seen better so to speak. The difference between an internal and external hired manager is noticeable. Due to this factor alone I feel it is something which hurts the workplace culture the most as it gets passed on to the rest of the employees and which is why many of them stop caring for their job(s) to the extend which they should. The possibilities for growing within the company are tremendous, but the transition from retail to corporate seems nearly impossible. After working for several years you can definitely become a Store Manager at some point, but for someone with a college/university degree who wants to move into the Corporate division it just does not happen as often. To sum it all up, the work can be overwhelming at first but with time you ease into it and adopt to the pace. You will never get bored as you work with so many people that there is always room to have a small chat with someone every now and then. As being a DSD Processor the part I loved the most about my - more...
Pros
Breaks, and flexible shifts.
Cons
Wage.