Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Burlington, ON

This is not a fun place to work, lots of gossip, nothing is done on a timely manner. Some of the staff are lazy skipping work assignments, work loads are being left for one person. Some choose easy work and leave the hard for others. We suppose to be working as a team but it's not so. I'm not happy working there anymore.
Pros
I have no comments
Cons
Low pay, hours sucks.
Good atmosphere. Good work culture. There are great people to work with. Bad part too many people called in. So its hard for us to get our work done because of lack of staff. I like how flexible the job is. I look forward of going to work everyday.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
not enough money for living
Walmart is a great job to work for and they help people with disability to work there too and friendly managers that are very caring I wish that I got a job first when I move to Burlington
Pros
Benefits. School help eg college or university discounts on certain things and bonus every year
Cons
No cons
Always something new. Great first job for any new to the job force. Good place for students. Meet amazing people, work with great managers. Everyone works as a team.
Wal-mart is not a hard job, but gets stressful at times. Mostly due to management. Most of the management is clueless and gives unrealistic expectations.
You feel part of a team. The manager of the Fairview store is great; she knows everyone by name. Co-workers are very pleasant to work with. They are very accommodating with time off, from one day to a few weeks vacation.
It was an amazing experience but with some politics in the management department which made me feel that I am not growing in a particular position. Otherwise, staff and coworkers were so cooperative and I built wonderful working relations with them.
Going to work at Walmart means providing high-level of customer service along with following all the policies of Walmart as well as making sure that the items are checked out precisely. Maintaining a clean and safe environment.
It was a terrible place to work. I had the afternoon shift (3-11pm). Some nights I would have to work until 1am because the nightshift was too lazy to help out
Company is a great place to work for they hire disability which I am and no other camp any would and given the chance to move up to management plus their benifits scholarships gym membership and pogo fit shares
Pros
Great place to work for
Cons
No cons
Good place to work depending on department my department has a fast turn around time cause it’s brutally uncomfortable to work in. Constantly going from a cold freezer to a warm floor will leave you constantly sick
Pros
Great management
Cons
Too cold, fell in the freezer a lot
Hired for seasonal work as Bike Sales Associate. Responsible for assembly, safety and sales of bikes for all ages, sizes etc. Was the only bike rep at store level.
Walmart has very collaborative Environment and provide flexible timings.I learn a lot about Canadian Culture and people ,Walmart Acknowledge efforts and appreciate , very friendly environment,good place to make relation with customer .
In Walmart, the environment for working is very busy and we have to manage customers and other tasks as well at the same time. The whole management team is very supportive.
Working at Walmart was okay. They cut my hours down so it was hard to make money to pay certain bills but I had many friends there so it made the job better.
It all comes down to who your managers are, they usually hire awful people who should not be managing high school and post secondary students. It was a horrible experience, not sure how I lasted about a year there. Do not work here! This is for one of the Wal-Marts in Burlington, ON. Now after Uni both positions I had have been great and I did not hate my life. Again, it comes down to who your supervisors are.. if you are looking for a minimum wage job any other place would be better tbh
You get no training or directions of what to do. You'll be left on your own to figure everything out and you're expected to magically know what to do.my manager don't want to be talked to and she made sure I regret it if I ever had to talk to her for whatever reason (snappy, condescending, rude ,disrespectful and no help at all times) she's very passive aggressive, arrogant, nasty and treat her staff like garbage. I used to work overnight so the store manager and every other manager isn't around so basically you don't have anyone on site to go to so you just have to deal with her and if you have any complaint or want to report anything you'll have to look all over the store for her. Not that she takes any of her staff's matters seriously chances that you'll get scolded for wanting to talk to her. Needless to say the turnover rate is legendary. There would be shifts where there's only three people and they're expected to stock over 25 skids stacked 7 ft high of boxes. If you hate yourself and want to work like a dog full time on weekends and stationary holidays for minimum wage and no benefits this is the place for you.
Pros
No pros or so whatever.
Cons
Unprofessional management. Poor treatment. Bad hours. Hard work. No lockers. No change rooms
It is good and fast-paced work environment. Staff members are very helpful. I have learned many things by working here like customer service. I would like to recommend this to my friends.
Outstanding place to work, management set the pace and follow thru and follow up on any issues. Safe environment, lots of instore activities to participate in. Enjoyable retail experience
I was working as a fulfilment associate at walmart. You will find the management here very nice initially but they will curse you if you really even try to make them adjust according to your schedule. So Its my genuine advise that do choose wisely. If it is near your home and do not have any other option, you can go and work there.But if you have to travel ,then i would suggest you a big NO to this store.
Pros
one hour unpaid break
Cons
everything
It is good experience to work at Walmart. I learned a lot from Walmart while working with them. I got an idea about hoe to work in team with other people, how to deal with time to finish any type of task.