Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Brockville, ON

Payed well for retail—$14.15/hour with a 30c raise after one year. 10% employee discount. Stressful at times, a lot to learn and you don’t get a whole lot of training, just thrown in and have to learn as you go. Customers sucked, which is expected in customer service, but enjoyed my co-workers and my supervisors were easy to get along with (mostly). Hours sucked, unless I picked up shifts which was easy to do as they were always looking for more people to call in because of others calling in sick.
It's a job, the management is great and love to help. A lot of room growth and development. The most enjoyable about the job is the staff that come with it, the hardest is learning some stuff you might not know such as using a cashier, but the training and managers are understandable.
Pros
Management is great, and they have a open door policy
Cons
Can be tough on the body if you work a lot
Best place to work. Nice environment Best people to work with Good pay rate Salary on time Best in business Nice place to work Experience gaining Perfect.
I have worked for Walmart before in Cornwall Ontario in automotive and in Brockville in the same department and I felt very comfortable and successful at my job experience I enjoyed helping out with customers and with management. And I would love to get back into it again.
Walmart is a great place for the right person. Treat there employees well and good people there. I would have stayed there the reason. I left was personal health issues, they were really good about me leaving.
Wal-mart likes to make it seem like they are being good to their employees, but in reality, the employees hours are constantly being squeezed so the corporation can squeeze that little bit more of extra profit out for their rich shareholders. Customers are forced through self checkouts that they don't want to use, and customers who refuse create lineups that then the staff that is supposed to be stocking shelves and assisting customers have to leave their jobs to put through those customers. Leaving no one on the floor to assist customers, or stock shelves, which then the employees get in trouble for because their work isn't done. Puts a tremendous amount of stress on the staff.
Always new job openings, friendly staff, and good work environment. There is also lots of room to move up in the company for hard-working and long term employees.
I was hired as a full-time employee, only worked about an average of 25 hours and was told they didn’t have enough hours for staff. Their solution was to hire 15 more cashiers so hours were cut In half. Also, if you have nothing better today than to scream at a Walmart employee for something they can’t control you’re the scum of the earth
Was not the work environment suitable for me. I did not enjoy working there we were treated like The whole standards squad quit after a certain time there because they got sick of how they got mistreated
Managers are absolutely trash, got treated like no one else to the extent that i wanted to quit on the spot and eventually did. They treat student different because they all are middle aged and don’t get that injuries and other things come up. Staff are rarely good, trying to make friends there are hard but i was lucky to have 4 very good staff friends. It’s a rough place and not good at all.
Management are always friendly and show that they care about you. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the customers that don't really care about you, only that they can get what they want for the best price and and not have to wait in line to pay for their purchases.
Pros
Friday lunches
Cons
Standing all day and annoying customers
Walmart was a very fun and fast paced work enviorment that can keep you busy with associates you with very kind and joyful associates Walmart is a great place
There are lots of other employees to interact with. There’s also a lot of customers everyday to socialize with while they shop at Walmart. Wish benefits were available earlier then they are.
Pros
Hour lunch, paid breaks other then lunch.
Cons
Not enough hours
Although this is a very demanding job it was a wonderful place to work. You need to be able to work alone and fast paced, and be very good with your sales! It is a very rewarding job in the long run!
Walmart has a very customer oriented environment. Great place to work, management is fantastic. Shifts can be all hours, not usually working the same shift twice in one week. Hours cut
Pros
Hour long lunch breaks
Cons
very few hours
Not very flexible with hours as they are done by a computer. long hours on your feet. tough customers. possible long hours. profit sharing could be worth it
Working at Walmart was sometimes rewarding, i enjoyed the people i worked with, and the job I had. The freezer was not as enjoyable as stocking the shelves and helping customers.
Work wasn't too bad, easy enough, supervisors were good, hours were okay. Good work environment because I could do my own thing most shifts. I worked in an area I liked.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Customers get snippy in retail
While working at walmart I met many coworkers that I continue to be friends with. Everyone is relatively friendly and willing to help each other. I learned how to focus in loud and busy situations. The atmosphere is both professional and friendly which allows for enjoyable work. Worst part of the job was the fluctuation in work hours which makes pay sometimes hard to predict. The best part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
mix of long and short shifts, availability adjustment
Cons
some early mornings and late nights, pay fluctuations
As a cashier at Walmart I have strengthened my human relation skills and problem solving skills. I have made several friendships and strengthened teamwork skills. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the "family unit" inside Walmart.
Pros
You meet a lot of interesting people.
Cons
You deal with the difficult customers but still remain happy.
It was a wonderful place to work, I learned a lot of great skills and met some amazing people. I hope to work at Walmart again!