Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Bridgewater, NS

Walmart is a good job for gaining work experience. A career could very well be supported, but its a better first step than a full career. Theres certainly options to advance but it takes time and may not seem worth it in the end.
Too mAny managers worried about there own pockets rather then the moral of the store as a whole. Could not get consistency in decisions from management
Poor management, gossip central, favouritism, little consideration for associates, worked almost every weekend, poor hours... lots other places to work than here. It's no wonder they cant keep anyone
I spent a year working at Walmart and at first it was stressful. But once I got the hang of it, it was enjoyable and a great place to work. I learned a lot of new skills and am now more comfortable working as a team and working with customers who have questions. Fellow staff as well as Management were easy to get along with and I had no issues.
Long hard hours and not enough staff...would be a great place if there was more staff to make the production line steady and running smoothly. The pay sould be better for the amount of work you do.
I enjoyed the older customers and the young and all in between but I found it a little repetitive after a while saying the same things over and over ..
Pros
Customers and employees
Cons
Rude customers/bosses
I liked working at Walmart for a first job. The management was absolutely bad, and it was the worst management I've had by far. My assistant manager often times would take requests from you and rip them up when requesting time off. The front End management was poorly managed by not having enough workers out on the floor at times. The Store manager was often taking many vacations, and didn't show that she cared about anyone. Management was the biggest concern from many of the associates perspectives.
Pros
Co-workers were great, good first job, experience
Cons
Management, not enough money
Working for Walmart in my particular store was no treat. I department manager was very rude and in considerate, almost never granted time off even for medical reasons. My store manager was spectacular though if you had a problem going to her was the best bet. Fellow employees were great. Work conditions were under par .
Pros
Cash share once a year
Cons
working environment
Productive, fast paced environment. Didn't agree with hours, benefits, or treatment by management. very rude customers. Fairly spaced out breaks,and times.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Hours, managment
I enjoyed working hear as it was a grate fun productive place to work. The people got along with each other while trying to meat deadlines as sometimes had lots of pressure but we would hit it on with a clear head and a positive attitude.
great staff to work for fun job, got to work multiple deparments but the bad thing is is their policies, if you work hard easy to get raises and advance withing the company
Pros
good breaks and holiday hours
Cons
not many hours after the holidays
Co-workers are all great to work with, it's a fun environment. You have all kinds of opportunities to learn new stuff and to try different positions. The only downfall I would note, is that some of the male management can be a bit rude. Other than that it is a fantastic place to work.
I was responsible to loading and unloading shipments. Organize the packages. sort them by their number. deliver them to the floor. stock the shelves.
a great company to work for , good benefits , reasonable wages , I loved my job at walmart , and would love to return, great staff to work with and always a pleasure to go to work
I enjoyed working at Wal-Mart, there was lots of opportunity to learn new things. Enjoyed working in fashion.
Pros
very good management to work for
Cons
long hours at christmas time