Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Brantford, ON

Good place and great working conditions. Difficult for cashier though. Tough on weekends and public holidays. Great staff and excellent job security though advancement is tough
i recommend working at walmart. you learn very much working there. staff is like family to us. they provide you flexible working hours. we learn much at working at walmart.
I found Walmart to really embrace the team feeling . Everyone worked well together and management was active in all functions . Highly recommend if you need a job
it's great working at Walmart. Great people to work with. the only thing I didn't like was the scheduling. really liked the 10% discount card employees get after three months.
Did learn how to be reliable and proficient in time management. Became confident in working with a team. Fast and confident in money management and being part of a family.
very productive and enthusiastic work culture, helpful management team. flexible working hours. managers are really helpful and got a lot to learn from my mistakes.
Various tasks, which were all handled at diligent paces, hours were steady, and long, employees were mostly friendly but it also had an unwelcoming atmosphere to work in.
Pros
steady hours
Cons
uncivilized behavior, racism
It is a great stepping stone to other jobs. I learned a lot of valuable skills and how to work customer service over the years. Staff members are appreciated.
I loved it here I first started in the garden centre the over to cosmetics but again I had to stand and my back couldn't take it. I miss it though. Would work there again
Pros
Records for excellent customer cervice
Cons
A typical day at work involved preparing the goods that were to be baked the following morning, stocking the department and cleaning the bakery. I learned a lot about breakout (bakery prep) as well as customer service skills. Some of the management was alright. However, I felt like working there clashed a lot with my education and negatively impacted my mental health.
Pros
Quiet department, interesting tasks
Cons
random hours, understaffed department, poorly affected mental health
They are a pretty solid company to work for for the most part they care about the balance and each associate that is in the store. They find the balance in the chaos
Worked at Walmart for about 5 months. There were lots of opportunities to learn new things and make new friends. Overall it was a good first work experience.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
The job was good, you worked independently at night with no customers around, fast paced but you knew what you were doing, it was a physical job but easy work. The training manager was great, very professional and always had a positive attitude but the hiring management/supervisor for the company wasn't very professional and they do not respond to any form of contact in a timely manner.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Deal with different types of people, and huge retail store allows great retail experience. Learned a lot from working at Walmart. Lunches and breaks are very fair.
Pros
Good breaks and lunches
Cons
Some employees become more favourable
Stock items as needed throughout the store. A fair amount of work is expected of associates. Day flies by because there is always something to on the sales floor or in the back room.
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
Varying Shifts
taught me fast past working habbits. how treat costumers with good manners. management was understanding when simple mistakes were made. overall one of the best places to work.
Pros
fun
Cons
carts
The employees at WalMart make your day. There are many hard working and dedicated individuals there who help to encourage your job growth. There are many different departments and opportunities present to the right person.
Pros
positive and fun loving management team
Cons
poor pay
A typical day was enjoyable at the front end, i learned a lot about customer service and enjoyed the presence of my co-workers on a daily basis. Dealing with customer issues was always easy, but was sometimes difficult to deal with
I feel as if Walmart is a very good company to work for with lots of benefits and abilities to move up in the company. I would recommend the job to anyone. For a student salary is amazing compared to other companies. All management at Walmart is awesome, I only had a tough time with one manager but we were quickly able to resolve those issues with me being able to move departments as I was unhappy where I was working. There isn't much that is hard about this job but the most enjoyable part is that Ive been at Walmart for almost 5 years now and it feels as if it is my other family. As much as i love Walmart i do have plans and goals for a career for my life and will have to eventually be leaving the company.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
busy christmas months
Love my job. Love interacting with different of different cultures. In receiving there is not bad day. All the associates are extremely fun to work with.
Pros
Coloured shirt days.
Cons
Broken docks
Walmart managers don't seem to care at all about the physical well being of there staff. I find problems with the store on a daily basis and when brought to the attention of those incharge they shrug it off and ignore or cover up problems but rarely fix them.