Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Brant, ON

All the Managers and colleagues are quite friendly and supportive. Over time I have developed my customers skills. Typical day at work; bring the merchandise on the sales floor. The hardest part of the job is trying to finish all the boxes at the end of the day. The workplace is very diverse. Walmart is typically very busy however management and other members of the staff work together well to get things done. Overall it is a good place to work and very fair when it comes to break and requesting time off.
Co-workers vary, some are very supportive and work with me, others blame the hard working ones for their slack that doesn't get picked up. Mostly a matter of young vs. old. Recently, with the changes in the company we lost our department manager, we had no manager for a while, it was chaos. We got back a previous associate as our department manager who does an incredible job working with us and we had temporary assistant managers above him, all these managers (in my opinion) maintained a great balance between indiscriminate fairness, and understanding that we have lives outside of the job. Now, our managers micromanage us as if we don't know how our job is supposed to be done OR they're no where to be found on the floor in the evenings despite the store hiring more managers so we can easily find one. Over the last month I've been yelled at twice by managers because of conflicting directions, my schedule for three weeks has gone against my availability, and I've been working all closing shifts alone and expected to complete a work load of 2-3 people. There is no room for advancement in my department to even a full time position, yet there is a full-time person on an indefinite leave of absence and there are jobs available on the website for more managers (while we already have an over-abundance). I would not recommend applying to work here at this point in time.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?