Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Brandon, MB

At the time, the job was fulfilling and productive. I worked with a group of great people, which made it a lot of fun. My supervisors made it enjoyable, work was not difficult, and you did your work, went home. The hardest part of the job, was the freezer. The most enjoyable, my fellow merchandisers.
Pros
Stability, friendship.
Cons
The hours, time of day.
At Walmart The environment is pretty stressful, and if you are just like me (Front line Associate) then keep self respect at home before coming to work because you will surely meet at least 1 customer who would spoil your entire mood. Has happened with me before!
It’s my first job in Canada in Walmart . It’s nice experience with new people, new experience and different mindset.so overall it’s nice lessons for me👌👍
Walmart Brandon is able to boast about the many great employees it has seen come and go throughout the years of its operation. The work environment does change with the seasons, per the norm in retail. And so depending on the employees role, there will be deadlines to meet and a certain pace to run alongside. Those who are able to remain focused and finish their goals consistently will find a great position in this Walmart.
no it is not it is hard work i am learning so many things to my life Example i am became strong and am change my life and i am changing also my family
Pros
discount for member ship
Cons
payment balance
the head csm was rude and undermining. I also believe there was a real pregidice towards minorities.... customers are very rude and demanding... "it's your job" was said in a degrating manner.
Pros
sure if you like beef
Cons
rude customers/support staff/raises don't cover cost of living expenses
I've been with Walmart for a while now and honestly it alright but overwhelming alot of the time, hard workers with knowledge get little credit while new employees get promoted to keep wages down. Renovations and Moving shelves around constantly changing where items are in the store makes it very difficult to provide accurate customer service especially when you have 4 asking where 6 different things are!
Benefits
Cons
Favoritism Renovations Wages Raises
being on my feet all the time, tiring but always glad that i had really good team players in my area, not once have i encountered a rude person while working here!
I loved working there till I got a new manager who’s was rude to every one. I tried moving to a different area but they wouldn’t let me move so I left my job.
Pros
Staff are amazing
Cons
One manager was so rude to us associates
it was open and perfect to work. I got a lot of customer communication with the customers and the people around me were good people. so I had a great time.
Opening Greeting clients, preparing paper and computer files for clients. When required finding files, and pertaining information. Assisting clients and tax associates with extra information they may require. Management in locations were great. Work place culture was a plus. Hardest part of the job was being able to multi function in many different directions as best as possible. Meeting all the wonderful clients we had, and working with them for a happy result.
Customer Service, Merchandising, Planagrams, Modulars, Taking Orders Dealing with customers one on one. Organizing and doing returns on a dealine
good for students and part time work, building a career at Walmart does not pay the bills. pay is low and does not increase very quickly
Walmart was a good place to work and I did not mind it but the job I had was just pushing carts so I left for more experience. I want to work In a job where I can stock shelfs or something like that and I want to become a carpenter one day because I am taking carpentry courses at school for a good well paying job in the future that I like to do
Pros
You get paided
Cons
Long shifts busy weekends
You meet great people who become friends with. I hate the hours since they are cheap to give out more hours, instead, they hire more people to give 12 to 14 hours a week which is awful!
Pros
Friends
Cons
Not good hours
While I enjoy working with my coworkers, and I have respect and admiration for the majority of my managers, it is very difficult to feel appreciated when my hours are getting cut and I'm being asked to do more in less time. Walmart is very flexible with my school schedule, and generally very good about giving me the time off I require for exams and projects.
Working at the courtesy desk entails that you are quick on your feet and ready for just about anything. You complete tasks anywhere from a simple return, to a purchase order or even transferring money through western union. This job taught me the basis of working in retail and how to follow orders appropriately. This job was really good for a first time employment.
Pros
Good hours.
A typical day at work consisted of running the cash register. When there were no customers, I would put stock out on the shelves or help the customer service desk put returns away. The staff and co-workers were very easy to get along with. I learned how to better interact with customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with wonderful people and the hardest part of the job was meeting the scans per hour.
Pros
lots of breaks, great hours
Fun place to work and the flexible schedules allow me to spend time at home that I can share with my family. Management can be a struggle sometimes.
Pros
flexible shcedules
Cons
bad management
Walmart is a good place to work if you are looking for a department store environment. Lots of variety in work depending on department. Breaks are provided and management always ensures you get them.
Walmart puts thie workers first in all things. the do this providing a work life balance by offering shifts that meets workers needs.