Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Brampton, ON

Pay was low, minimum wage at the time. I was never paid for 1 vacation date that I was due. Even when I called their head office and spoke to someone I basically got ignored and never got paid. The supervisor at the time told me not to take my day off before I left to work until the end and I would get paid on my final paycheck which I never did. I feel cheated by such a large corporation for what is peanuts to them. This particular manager did not care about me. Sadly she still works there.
Pros
Good part time to earn extra money.
Cons
Late shifts, not enough hours.
walmart is kinda relaxed job if you are free and dont really need much of finances, or kinda stable financialy than its a fun job. But cant rely on this job alone for meeting all day to day expenses..
Busy work stressful. Happy to get the experience in fast paced environment too. Its good that they give some kind of gift cards and discount the employees.
Pros
Benefits free walmart gift card 10%discount for employees
Cons
Stressful work always busy
It is a good place to work if you are working as a part time associate.You can work according to your availability and I have worked in several teams and learned plenty of things there like working on sales floor, or as a cashier, and also as a part of inventory team
Lots of hours! and lots of opportunity to grow into different position. Fast-paced environment but pushy with sales of walmart MC. A little competetive.
Hii i am prabhleen kaur i am full time available please help me in order to get a job. I am ready to do any kind of work. I already worked in bakery. I will be thankful to you
honestly the manager was the best. every day it felt like going to work and enjoy the moment, i was dancing and doing work honestly the best workplace i worked in so far.
good salary.good work culture. good support team most of the people work for company .i have been 15 year experience in management. Walmart is a good company
The people you'll work with are alright so thats a plus, A typical day involves pretending to look like your doing work until the end of your shift and try to make things look half decent before you leave. if you know someone personally who's in management then you might be able to get some advancement, otherwise you will be part time until you decide to leave. The pay is minimum wage with minimal fluctuating hours some weeks you may get 30+ and some weeks you may only get 10hours. Management is terrible on every level other than the people you don't regularly deal with like payroll and HR people. the hardest part of the job is dealing with the management and overall how the place is run. the most enjoyable part of the job is joking with co-workers and leaving the building after your shift.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Working at Walmart I got to meet a diverse of incredible race and people. Made friends with some incredible people. I learn to have an immense amount of patience, when dealing with every day different moods of the customers, I learn other cultures.. problem solving was one of my strong suites.
I learned a lot from this job as how to tackle with various customers having variety of moods. Enriched my communiucation skills by interacting to customers. Met lots of new people and had positive relations.
Some things to consider when working for Walmart CA as opposed to working for Walmart US: * All stores close in Canada usually by 11pm if not sooner every day and are not 24 hours * Various products that are featured in United States stores are not available in Canada * Orders from walmart.com cannot be shipped to Canada and orders from walmart.ca cannot be shipped to the United States
Overall experience is good. Just one thing low salary which doesn’t complete the needs (rent, grocery, pay of another program at college). So it should be increased to $15 per hour
Hard to work outside in harsh weather conditions however they are flexible with school. They are willing to help out with school schedules, however are strict in terms of attendance.
A typical day as a salesfloor at Walmart involves interaction with people and opportunities to learn and grow with the on-hand task given by a manager.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
Tough schedules
I think that job gives me security and i also find it easy so i want to join that job. Also that job is very easy and i have 5 days to work there......
Not really stressful expect if it is busy,I learnt how to interact with different people.the best part is that the time her flexible to work. I work as a bakery associate which enables me to learn some baking skills.At Walmart is is a mixed culture from different part of the world so we learn from each other.
The front end is usually always really busy either that be on cash or customer service. On a daily basis you are bound to encounter some rude customers.
Working at walmart gives you a very good and diverse experience. It motivates you to present yourself in a different manner and prioritize customer service.
Walmart is a good company to work in. They respect their employees and salary is also fair according to your needs. The system is also good to work. But a person must learn to manage his/her time.
A typical day at work would consist of greetings from my fellow coworkers as I first walk in, hours interacting with friendly customers and staff during my shift, and occasional treats (candy,snacks) before going home. The hardest part of the job was familiarizing myself with the register when I first started but, once I got the hang of the technology I was able to increase my speed and provide efficient customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating and meeting with people of all backgrounds and walks of life.