Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Bradford, ON

I worked in the produce section where i unloaded new stock everyday and after we put where ever the products went in the back room then we would take what we need outside on the floor and fill it up with fresh vegetables
Nice staff. Great co-workers for the most part. very accomodating as long as it falls within what they want from you. Senior management is wonderful .. department managers need some revamping.
Cons
long hours, no breaks or lunches
Horrible work experience, managers don’t care about their staff at all... some staff have worked at Walmart for 10+ years and still can’t not receive full time .. they only give you hours when THEY NEED YOU not when you need them, they’ll find anything to give you a negative review about so at your 1 year review you don’t get a high raise, mine was 0.10 cents even tho I worked hard every day, I did work managers should do and I did the work other teams were supposed to do and I got no appreciation
Pros
Cons
Staff not cared about
not the best environment, the management wasn't very understanding with family matters. the training i received was non existing. not my preferred place to work at
Walmart was literally the most toxic work place I've ever been at. I'll never go back and I tell everyone I know to not shop there and never, under any circumstances, work there!! Before anyone judges, I quit. I was not fired.
All about who you know in that company. Poison. Stay away will suck your soul and make you miserable. Unreasonable expectations. You try to do good and you get in trouble in the end. Not worth the pay.
Coworkers are great!! Work was good in the beginning but over time has gotten to be more stress then what its worth. They do not hire enough staff to do the work. Expectations are different for every associate. No consistency in schedule even after being there for 5 years!
Pros
Hours
Employees often had to pick up the slack of others, and cover jobs they were not trained on due to short notice call ins, otherwise day to day was stable and enjoyable as far as retail goes it was a pleasant year spent and health permitting id love to still be there.
Pros
Friendly Management
Cons
Tendency to over work and under appreciate staff
I like working there before and hope to get opportunity to do it again. When I was there it always felt good when finish a modular because it looked clean and new. Also did Office Admin, UPC, Invoice, Claims, Receiving, Directs, cashier and dept mgr.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
It is a fast paced environment. The benefits are good if you are lucky enough to get full time status. A lot is expected of you and schedules are not that flexible.
The supervisors were for the most part good to work with. My main complaint was that when you were in the cafeteria the atmosphere was not very good. There was swearing, saying things you did not want to hear.
Pros
Flexible about changing shifts.
Cons
The atmosphere in that some of the people seem to be rough around the edges.
I would rate it 5/10 due to the management not being very nice or considerate. They do not treat you the best but they pretend too. The dress code is good.
Pros
good dress code
Cons
management sucks
Most of the management team was personable and took pride staff relations. Never a dull moment between experiences with both fellow staff and customers.
I love my job here, most customers are great which makes the day great! The management is good. Easy job and good work environment. Many benefits and flexible hours.
I enjoyed my time working within an environment I felt comfortable in as well as had the opportunity for growth in skills and leadership roles. I would recommend working there.
Productive and fun you get to meet many people of all different cultures in costumers and associates you learn a lot working as a cashier basic things
Pros
free bake goods perks
I liked working at the Photolab but didn't like the company and the hours were ridiculous. They gave minimum hours for part-time and full-time employees. By the time I left, I was only given 12 hours/week. Full-timers would get 30hr/week. Works great for a high school student, not for someone who is trying to make a living. Thier policies were annoying, and management wasn't great. People I worked with were nice. They pay regarding your schooling and experience so I started above minimum wage. Overall it's an ok job. The fact they have pay above minimum is good. Not sure about the benefits as I was working part-time and was not eligible for it.
Pros
Pay, photolab is fun to work in.
Cons
Not enough hours, poor management
- conduct cash, credit, and debit transaction -learned to be patience - very respective to one another -all the associates are very helpful when it comes to situation that require help
Good place to work. A typical day would include reciving shipment and checking all thing came in, seprate shipmen, and then continue to put out stock on the floor to ensure shelves are up to store standards.
I really liked working for Walmart I learned how to run a department deal with customer issues and to break down and reset Mods.I got along with my co-workers and I am still friends with a lot of them.I also liked the Management team they encouraged you to try different things.
Pros
very friendly co-workers
Cons
not enough pay
I worked at Walmart for most of my years I was in school. It was a great part time job. I enjoyed working here and all of my co workers to.
Pros
Good hours