Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Bracebridge, ON

I enjoyed working at Walmart.Everyone works as a team. All of the management team,associates were very helpful and involved including collaborating with all stakeholders.
Okay job for the first 3 months, but once you are off of probation, management stops being nice. They demand the world of you but can never seem to figure out how to pay you more or make it worth your time. Good summer job for a student, or as a "in between jobs" job, but you will never advance within the company unless you bend over backwards for them.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
No appreciation, bad wages, bad management
it was a good place to work worked all shifts returned products to the shelves from customer service helped out in electronics helped to unload trucks
The job I had was fast paced which I love but the management was useless. I had to keep people motivated but was very difficult because of management.
Loved working here, I met lots of new people that were always willing to help me out. I started at Cash and moved to Fashion within 6 months. Great work atmosphere! Great managers and co-workers!
A stressful environment with managers breathing down your neck for results on a daily basis. Reviews would strongly factor how many Walmart Mastercards were sold by an individual, rather than customer feedback or efficiency. This meant that many cashiers would slow down and try to act all chummy with customers, which slowed down everything. Have you ever been in a long line, but it seems like a slow day? That would be why. I am fairly certain that Walmart is where the term "$99 suit managers" started. They have a habit of going on power trips where they will denigrate their underlings or take out their stress on them. Management feels more like a gang of wardens patrolling a prison yard than the store leaders interacting with their employees and customers. That leads to the customers. Most are perfectly fine, if a bit impatient, especially with high school students who are operating cash registers from the late-80s. Some customers, however, are an absolute nightmare. The number of times they would try to return something that we didn't even carry was insane. Since the customer was always right, we'd frequently be instructed by management to avoid conflict by simply bowing to any and all customer demands, rendering the returns policy utterly pointless. This often led to a feeling of uselessness and frustration with the managers and the company as a whole. Spare your sanity, do not work for these crooks
Pros
Low expectations meant less stress
Cons
Management was absolutely insufferable
Working at Walmart was like working with family, we were all very close and very productive, although much of the time the staff was underappreciated, which cause negative feelings.
Pros
Close co-workers
Cons
Wal Mart is a good job. The hours are flexible and they do try and work around schedules. Job can be demanding at times and fast paced. No real career advancement. Hard to get ahead
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hard to get hours
night shift stocking shelves dairy and frozen learned i didnt like it management was horriblehardest part of job going in to work enjoyable part was end of shift
Pros
10 percent discount
Cons
work hours
Great place to work and tons of opportunity to advance career. Worked for the company amd started as a part time associate and rose ranks as i developed the skills.
I was employed by Walmart for 3 years. In that 3 years I applied for numerous advancement with no luck! I had medical issues and because I was part time, I was forced to leave my position.
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
Terrible Hours, No Opportunity for Advancement
Working at Walmart for 4 years, I learned about about the store, especially moving departments as frequently as i did. I learned how hard the employees in the "hardlines" worked to make sure the shelves are full and the customers are satisfied. On average, in any department, a typical day of work consisted of working any skids that had just come in off the trucks, and prepping the overstock for binning. After that i would see if anything needed to be stoked that wasn't on the skid, once that was completed I would see if anybody in the department needed any help, if my manager had a list of things to be completed, and then helped any customers that had any questions. Management came and went as I worked there, we had many different managers and assistant managers. But they were always on the ball in terms of if anybody needed guidance as a new employee, making sure everything looks good and ready incase anybody from head office was to walk into our store. The hardest part of my job was when nobody passed on information, I was an employee that always made sure everything went smoothly and everybody was on the same page, so when anybody in a management position didn't pass on messages or give instructions it made things very difficult and frustrating for me.
Pros
Great place to work, friendly employees and management, meeting new people everyday. making sure their experience was a good one
Cons
unsteady schedule
During my time working at Walmart I have picked up on many skills such as organization with stalking shelves on the floor and in the freezer. Time management, by making sure all the bread is baked in the morning before the store opens and also making sure my tasks are done before I leave to go home. Customer service, by answering the phone to take bread or cake orders, also assisting any customers out on the floor. I also learned about Leadership by training any new employees and making sure everything is done before everyone goes home for the day. I have enjoyed working at Walmart because I have met allot of friendly people however I felt that I was pushed more to be the Manager of my department and it was very stressful but I learned quickly how to handle it to make it work out in the end.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
poor managment
On a typical day at work I would usually work a 4-8 hour shift and I would be always on cash. Walmart was always busy.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Csm's
All in all I enjoyed working at Walmart, management was good along with co workers. Nothing to bad ever happened working there. Ups and downs with other co workers because everyone knows everyone and it goes hand in hand in a small town like Bracebridge. I loved learning everything to do with the Deli and everything to do with stocking merchandise. The hardest part of the job was when we would have power outages, best part was all the friendly faces that were thankful