Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Bowmanville, ON

Very thankful to Walmart for giving me the opportunity. Great place to learn problem solving skills, team leadership, and customer service skills. I have learned a lot of new skills with my time at Walmart.
As an Asset Protection associate, it is not worth it. Walmart gives you nothing to protect yourself during an arrest and management doesn’t back you up. They expect you to ask the person who stole to come back inside and it doesn’t work that way. People run or hit you. When it comes to protecting product, Management doesn’t support you making your job more difficult. When you tell management someone walked out a fire door with a cart full of merchandise management responds with they don’t have time.
Pros
Asset protection makes their own hours
Cons
No way to protect yourself, Lousy pay for putting your life out there, Lack of support from Management
Working at a chain like Walmart is a great experience for anybody looking to be in the customer service area of work! You interact with a variety of different people.
This was not a very good workplace. I was not heard, they did not train me (used the budget to pay for other things) and the management was a bloody joke. They were all sleeping together and getting transferred around by head office. Cheers.
Productive and fun place to work, they were very understanding about personal life issues, the training as very extensive and they made sure that you knew what you were doing before throwing you on the floor
Great for students or retired people. There really is no downside provided you don't mind little pay and high expectations. Standards for employees have dropped over the years but it is easy work with little stress.
I learned to extend my customer service skills, and typically I would cash people out and bag their items. The management did not seem to always communicate properly but things were handled proficiently.
Pros
Great Breaks
Cons
Interferes with school schedule
Loved the job at beginning but expected too much of an associate at the end. Felt like I wasn't appreciated at the end. The special occasions were very nice and a lot of the associates would join in. Management had their set duties just like us. Most of the time we would get along. I was very proud of being associated with Walmart because of the culture.
Pros
Employees were very easy to work with.
Cons
Always asked to be a cashier.
The company is a good company but the pay and benefits are not available to a part time employee. Sometimes the pay is extremely low for what is expected of you.
Meat Slicers cleaned and ready for shift, and every 4 hours afterward. Sliced deli meat to order for customers. Made Rotisserie Chickens for display. Stocked fridge and freezers in back department and on floor. Took records of temperatures hourly. Learned how to share responsibility and work as a team. Hardest part was when I would get scheduled a closing shift and then an opening shift the next day, not enough time in between each shift. The most enjoyable was everything else! The workers were friendly and hard workers. The overall job was a fast paced friendly environment that I enjoyed very much.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Late nights
Is a great place to work and learn new things and get help on things that you are unclear of. Managers are very undersatanding. The pay rat was very good and though hours were cut every now and then there were times where they were perfect amounts.
Pros
Great management and friendly coworkers
-energetic place to work -own pace and manageable work space -works hours need to be adjusted and understood due to personal issues -nice people to work with and love helping one another -always on your feet getting all the energy and exercise you can get. -keeps you active at all times
Pros
Manageable breaks
Cons
Difficult hours and times off
This position I did not enjoy at all. Management was not nice to work for. Our jobs were micro managed and the staff were not friendly at all. The training fr new employees was just not there
enjoyed working with fellow associates and like a fast passed environment. Working gave me experience in many different areas such as sales floor and back room product management.
Pros
possative friendly co-workers
Cons
sometimes felt over extended with work expectations
Working at walmart is a great job for someone just starting out or looking for something to do after retirement. Walmart can improve on some management issues. In my opinion there should be better communication between managers so that customers are getting helped faster
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Miscommunication
The wrong people are working in wrong positions, they should consider hiring knowledgeable, mature management staff help with career development and training is needed.
I had a lot of fun working here The hardest part about working at Wal-Mart was having to deal with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of working at Wal-Mart was the people I worked with and learning new things.
The company is fast paced and demanding environment The group of people I worked with were the reason I went to work everyday. Management is extremely demanding with unrealistic goals at times,
I worked at Walmart for over 4 years and at first it was amazing. WE all worked has a team and it felt like a family. They used to hold BBQ's for us once in while to say thank you for a great job. In the last year they stopped doing everything and expected more from us. I had health issues and handed in all the proper documents required and I was threatened to be written up for a week I needed off because I had emergency surgery. Even though I had proof the hospital had faxed a letter informing them. When my step-dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer, he was given a short amount of time to live. I had to bed and beg and threatened to go to labor board for a few days off to help my mother with his care. I even spoke to the store manager, finally got regional manager to agree. During the 5 days I asked off he passed away. My fellow co-workers were amazing, I loved each and every one of them. Whenever one of us was sick we would all check on them. We had to throw our own christmas party because managers said there was not enough in the budget even though head office gives a allotmetmt each year.
Ive learned all skills of great customer service at Walmart. I covered almost all of the store and I am a good worker. The coworkers are fantastic.
Good fellow workers, everyone tried hard. Learned proper cleaning and sanitizing skills, the on shift manager at first was great, then management changed and it became a nightmare.