Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Belleville, ON

Walmart is a good place to work, they were able to give me the hours I wanted along with being flexible. They are doing a great job at maintaining rules and regulations following Covid-19 and I was able to work with a lot of great people.
Management puts tremendous stress on associates to finish all the freight when sometimes you get 7 skids to yourself to work. They can’t keep any of the good associates. If you are a good worker there is constant pressure on you and when you decide enough is enough they go out of their way to make you feel like you are a piece of trash. The only problems they seem to care about are the ones that aren’t even problems. I used to love my job under different management and now the culture is work yourself do death or get a different one but only for certain people.
Walmart is trash to work for, slavery with extra steps. Corprate scum that dont care how mentally or physically strained you are even your 65 or 16.Refugees last resort for work.
Pros
10% off everything with walmart card.
Cons
Terrible people
I worked at the Belleville location for 18 months as overnight fulfilment and it was probably the worst 18 months of my entire life. Management was constantly under informed, didn’t know what was going on, I had to change my banking information because they tried charging me for benefits I didn’t even ask for and then they couldn’t get me paid through direct deposit for almost 9 weeks. snakes,
Pros
Fun staff because they hate it there too
Cons
Everything and anything about walmart
Only apply to walmart if you have no other job offers. all they hire is part time and the hours promised are terrible. theres no benefits and its hit or miss if your management is good.
When I started my job as a Cashier I was excited but after few days I came to know that it is not worth working company. Lack of shifts. But actual problem came when I started as a Garden associate in April 2020.things were very unorganized and as a result I saw very disappointed customer faces and every day changing rules makes job impossible.
Walmart is an excellent place to work. All the staff members are very cooperative along with the mangers that help to address every issue and sort out problems along with good pay.
I am working at Walmart as a fulfillment associate and I love to do work there because of environment. If you like to meet and greet costumer on job so it is perfect job for you.
I think hardest part of the job for me is when I am not interested in doing something but I have to do it because I need money just to fulfill my daily neends
excellent great workplace friendly people lot of growth opportunity long shifts less luch breaks sometimes customers too cocky overall would recomnd working
They schedule you 3 weeks in advanced which is great especially when making plans but they had a first come first serve when it came for asking for time off which i never liked but experience was great
They treat you like garbage. No work life balance. No time off. No respect. Pay isn't a living wage. I don't recommend Walmart, especially the Belleville location, at all.
I enjoyed working at Walmart. All of the employees were welcoming and the managers were understanding. My manager worked around all of my needs to make the best fitting work schedule for me. It was a fast-paced environment most of the time but I really enjoyed it.
Good to work at walmart. Learned and cleared training sessions. I work as Cashier, get to meet a lot of customers.Management is good and helpful. The most enjoyable part at my job is meeting customers and interacting with them. It is a great experience to provide customer service
The most enjoyable part of working there is that you meet different people every day and it’s fun. The staff is so good. They help you in every way possible.
I would love working face to face with the customers and every day i would practice my codes for the overhead calls. i enjoyed having paid 15 minute breaks and ive never had an issue with any other employee while working there. i like how the encourage integrity and really put the customers first.
Pros
paid 15 minute breaks
Cons
no flexibilty with scheduel
Walmart provided many job opportunities and was a great way to help expand my customer service. I learned many new skills that i have brought with me throughout the customer service industry.
Fun and occupied at the same time and As cashier i learnt about handling cash and learning how to use coupons and interacting with customers friendly.
Pros
interacting with customers
Cons
hectic hours
No opertunity for advancement treated like slaves no communication between management no thought put into daily operations and considerably unsafe working enviroments
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
No communication
Promised full time hours then they give you whatever they want, promise you job roles and have to many trainers and no consistency. Good job for a first job but get out fast as it will leave a bad taste in your mouth
Pros
great team
Cons
no hours
Very aggressive customers with McDonald's mentality. Everything must be immediate. Most stores have been downsized and they only hire part time when they replace employees.