Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Bedford, NS

The job itself isnt too bad, you meet great ppl and some entitled people, you get to see a different side of reality. Everyone should at least try retail to see what the other side looks like
Walmart is not a career, it is a retail job you work to help pay the bills. Management is awful and has unrealistic expectations of their workers and information from the managers is never passed on to the associates.
A friendly place to work. Enjoyed interacting with the various staff for the different departments. Pleasant experience. Manual work - can be tiring at times
It’s an ok job, people r very friendly and nice. The job isn’t hard by any means just very repetitive everyday and dealing with costumers can be brutal other then that I had a good experience.
Working at walmart is good for your typical part time work if your looking for something while you go to school or for some extra cash. The work environment is not exceptional but they manage it well enough that it is functioning. You will learn to work as a team and to get along with others in your department. You have the opportunity of meeting a lot of people where walmart employs so many people. This is a good starter job that will teach you some basics about employement before heading to your next venture.
Pros
Free food in lunch room, building relationships
Cons
Lack in some management
way way to many changes were made in the only 3 years ive been there. what I have learned from Walmart is you are not allowed to stick up for yourself and when you try to the managers don't listen !!
Cons
some managers disrespectful
Provided a safe and enjoyable place to work. Also provided me with the correct training to become part of mamagement team. Also was sent to Arkansas to shareholders meeting to receive even more training
Pros
Provided excellent training
A typical day at Walmart has its many ups and downs. But you learn to ignore the downs of the job. You learn excellent customer service. You meet lots of new people
Pros
Treat Day Fridays
Cons
Long Days
It's great as a first job but once you leave and get something better, you'll never go back. If anyone works here I'd recommend searching for other jobs while there as it really isn't all that great.
I was always learning through constant training and given opportunities to take a step forward. The staff were all friendly and managers were easy to get along with.
I was hired as renovation worker 1st, then transferred to overnight stocker when store reno completed, and then transferred to maintenance, nightshift
Pros
Smoke breaks & lockers, nice coworkers
Cons
company policies
. I usually deal with stocking the shelves, stocking the endcaps, zoning the area and if me and my crew has time, we will start binning the overstock product and in doing so clearing up the backroom. . What I learned from this job is mainly on how to work hard and achieve my set goals and complete task on or before required set times to complete them. . Mangement is willing to listen and cooperate with me and my crew to accomplish set task and task for the future goals. . The hardest part of the job at hand is dealing with binning in the freezer for certain amount of time, but we are allowed to take a break if needed. . The most enjoyable part of the job is we always have a lot of work ahead of us for everynight we stock.
Pros
Alot of work to do every night
Cons
Not enough crew to handle certian days of frieght
Overall one of the best places I've worked. Staff is great.Lots of hours are available if you want them. Opportunity for advancement Welcoming of everyone
My time is done working there, it's more for the younger generation now. In my years of working for Walmart, I was a supervisor for the back room for six months, I worked as a fashion processor for a couple of years and also worked as a stocker. I know how to use a hand held computer also
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not enough hours
Wal-Mart was where I learned the true meaning of teamwork. We were always taught to support one another; even amongst different departments. I had wonderful co-workers who treated me with respect and would always find time to help me when needed. I learned very quickly that customer satisfaction affects everyone; positive or negative. Having partook in customer service on a daily basis, I learned to problem solve and utilize co-workers for support when needed.
Everyone was team player and always willing to help. Everyone was friendly. There was always someone around to help with the heavy lifting.
Pros
1 hour for lunch
Cons
supervisor/manager hard to find at times.
i loved everything about the job, especially working with the public and staff, top management was excellent, worked long hours but didn,t mind it
Pros
working with great people and one on one contact with the customers
Cons
not much alloted for a budget
putting stock away. learned alot about the different technology used. direct coworkers were great.
Walmart is a very nice place to work for, they suit your needs whenever problems arrise and they are more than willing to work their scheduel around your lifestyle.
Pros
easy to get along with associates.
Cons
backshift needs some adjustment.