Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Bathurst, NB

I`ve been working at Wal-mart for almost 2 years now. I`m now department manager for 3 departments. I can say, the Pay is definitely below my expectation. The team is great and works efficiently together.
Didnt agree to review the company. A good starter job not much else i have to share about the company. I dont believe im reviews as everyone is different and because one has a good or bad experience doesn't mean it will be the same for you.
As a part-timer, hours are short especially during the wintertime after Christmas, where the working hours start to be cut down. The pay is near minimum wage. They provide lots of online training when you first start in. As a Customer experience sales floor you need to like to be multi-task, doing zoning (put back articles customers left on the shelves), help customers and answer their queries, reply to the phone, online order, cover at the cash during peak or break coverage or short of staff. Lack of flexibility regarding vacations and shifts interchange between coworkers.
Pros
Employee discount, friendly staff
Cons
Poor schedule, poor management, lack of flexibility, short hours
Not much room for advancement, When I first started working there hours were great and then overtime, walmart hired to many people and hours were cut down to almost nothing. Definately not a place to work if you're responsible for paying alot of bills.,
Apprentissage réel et pratique. beaucoup de challenges.
Tres belle place je la manque beaucoup j ai adorer mon temps
Pros
temps plein benefice
Cons
aucun
Walmart is there to help there staff. They make sure the timebus spend to insure there worker have the knolage they beed to do there job Wal-Mart makes all that everyone has there hours to best to meet the store needs.
I spent a whole year at Walmart, and while that's not as long as many others, it was plenty of time to get a good feel of the workplace. My first months at Walmart were quite enjoyable. It was one of my very first jobs, and while it was somewhat tedious, I did enjoy interacting with the customers, even the rude ones. Later on, however, things started taking a turn for the worse when mine and many other's hours were cut down. For weeks I worked nearly half as much as I usually did. Compound this with the already near-minimum wage and I wasn't making very much money with it as my sole source of income. Promising place with good teammates, but the management of the shifts was downright ludicrous towards the end.
Pros
Fast-paced, engaging, competitive
Cons
Bad scheduling, subpar pay
Walmart has to be one of the best Canadian companies to work for because of the involvement in the community. At Walmart, the shifts fly by as your constantly meeting people you know in your community who come in to do their day-to-day shopping - there's never a dull moment and always to do to keep busy. The staff at [the Bathurst] Walmart Supercentre are very friendly and you definitely feel like you are part of a winning team.
Pros
Shifts fly by at busy locations, incentives for in-store promotions, competitive wages
i was hired here during the holiday time for the big christmas rush. this was my first job, fresh in high school. i was a cash and to be honest this job to me was probably one of the worst experiences i have ever had maybe it's because of the management team. when big rush day's we would be 2 cashes opened and we would rush extremely we would have customers complain to us and be truly un happy and pretty much giving us a load on because of it , but it was out of ours hands as we were only cashiers, they would have us work close to open automatic doors in cold on winter ( our hands would Freeze) they were Red and we would complain and they would not let us switch to further cash's that were not being used to keep up warm. unfortunately this Walmart was very poorly operated. i don't think that every Walmart is but would be a great thing if you knew someone who worked there and maybe asked them a few questions or just to observe on how they function.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
poor management
Good co-workers, hardest part was trying to cover more than a place at a time if the store is super busy. Most enjoyable part was that I loved to work in sports and toys.
I enjoyed most of my Walmart career. As with any job, there are opportunities to both learn and experience change. With the positions held and levels of steps in the company, I feel there was an overall enjoyment of the people and company.
Pros
Breakfast meetings with Management team at the in-store restaurant.
Cons
Certain Management at store level.
We were always busy at macdonalds . Hardest part of the job was making fries, because the heat lamp under the fryer was not pleasant because of so much heat. Co-workers were so easy to get along with . At greco's where I worked for such a short time because of slow business was a real challenge to me. There was so much to learn ,but you have to be patient and thinking positive is a great asset to have...The staff were wonderful, management was very helpful, & knowlegeable,
Pros
We had 50% off on our lunches
Cons
Hours were sufficient