Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Aurora, ON

work is stressfull and under pressure. the hardest part is to lift heavy things. co-workers are nice and helpful. management is good. good place to shop.
Good job to learn lots, people were friendly and management was vary accommodating. Was a great place to gain lots of experience for future employment.
It's a great place to work, I learn a lot every time i am schedules. The teams are collaborative, there are also additional benefits such as discounts for employees which is much appreciated .
The job is very stressful with very little management support. My coworkers were very outgoing and made the job tolerable. I personally left the position because I could not get full time days and was consistently put on afternoon shift.
overall fun workplace, duty managers could use some work and take more responsibility in helping out when needed. they gave back to the community. working part-time didn't get benefits and as far as advancement its more who you know in the company
Its a place where you can build a career or finish off you work history. It opens a lot of doors as long as your playing by the company rules. i had a great experience.
Pros
early bonus
Cons
too many rules
I am workin in sales in electronics.I have not worked enough time to actually comment on the job nature at Walmart.I feel it is a fairly good work place with not much stress
They schedule you an 38 hours so they don't have to give full time benifits, but is a good job for the time been. It is a flexible work environment with a friendly and open atmosphere.
Pros
flexible work environment, humble company culture, friendly and open atmosphere.
Cons
growth in some areas more than others.
Their favorite trick is to hire an army of part-timers to work 20-hour weeks max, so no one ever makes enough to actually be able to get on their feet and get out of the trap without quitting. If you try to get in an extra hour they fire you. If you don't come in one one hour's notice when they call out of the blue, they fire you. Insane and rabid head office vultures. Don't know how the government doesn't shut them down. Despicable in every way.
I was a high school student working part-time while going to school and playing sports which I found the management didn't consider when scheduling me. As a student I was given 25-30 hours a week which is too much for a high school student, and when I discussed this with my managers they did not seem to care. They even gave less hours to employees who needed more hours. I did enjoy working with friendly co-workers and helping customers everyday.
Pros
Staff appreciation
Cons
Very respectful & friendly environment, understanding management, very safe environment, very good programs for employees to save like discount card and profit sharing.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
working different hours
A typical day as a cashier at Walmart involves getting scratched by diaper boxes, hurting your back and being yelled at by customers. It's okay for an entry-level job, but working there is terrible when you get yelled at by everyone.
Cons
Long hours, angry customers
people were nice at the store I worked at. senior corporate management was pretty good to deal with. middle management improving. lower management run ragged
Pros
tries to do good community work, tries to improve itself
Cons
sometimes, what's said and done do not match
Management changed recently. I handed in a request to change my hours so that I can help my grandfather on the weekends and was not granted the hours. I was not approached by my manager for a compromise - just had to stick to my hours I have had since I changed it in school to the weekends only. Work is exhausting - you're on your feet the whole day except for the "gracious" 15min breaks or lunch breaks. Management (CSMs) aren't the greatest either. You're either on their good side or you're not. You get treated poorly by everyone. It's a joke. The only upside is the "gracious" 10% discount after 3 months.
Pros
Discount/price matching
Cons
Management, standing up for hours on end.
Walmart is an good place to work for a couple of years. But I'm looking g for other job because I will love to work with cars and I will like to move on from Walmart
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Managers are on a mega powertrip! don't know what they are doing most of the time. co-workers were great. write ups for no reason.
World's largest retail chain that promotes associate engagement, respect for the individual and striving for excellence. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting will customers and fellow associates. Exceeding KPI's, was the most challenging aspect of the job but well worth the reward.
Pros
Rewarding seeing effort come to fruition
Cons
Long work hours
Fun and enjoyable, money mangement skills, very understanding and helpful, great people, not enough helping hands, meeting new customers and helping with their needs.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
not enough employees
Do your duty and you are safe. All structured and organised work place with proper system in place.
day started with a meeting that tells where to work & how much work.learned so many things. management & coworker very co-operating & nice.
could be better if they would just let you do your job. They expect you to take 12 poses of families when the family doesn't want anymore then 6 or 7