Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Antigonish, NS

Recommend working at Walmart, hope to be back soon. I am now a student and would like a part time job at Walmart to supplement income while in school again.
The people and most of the customers were a joy to work with. You could work in different departments as cover. It was an enjoyable place to work and made a lot of lasting friendships.
Pros
Free food on different occasions
Cons
Not being consistent with policies
Walmart is a customer serviced oriented business with many different job positions to fill the needs of each individual customer. the are widely recognized and have a great work culture.
the staff was fun to work with. it was a warm and inviting place to come to work each day. everyone wanted to help each other out.the environment was friendly.
Pros
the staff
Cons
not enough hrs
Great entry-level jobs. Good for students coming to Antigonish and need to balance work and school. Scheduling is fairly accommodating. They make an effort.
A typical day at work starts on working on stock that has been left to the floor, then working on price changes and going on cash when needed. It's a fast pace ever changing environment, they always keep you on your toes. Management decision has always been a bit scattered and not always on the same page as what they should be. The hardest part of my job has been the task being assigned and they want it done at that moment when you have been giving another task that needs to be completed first. Not enough time to complete the task that were being assigned . What i do like about my job is helping out customers and making sure we have product on the shelf. Also learning new task.
Pros
heath benefits and discont card for associate
Cons
not enough family time(family away)
A typical day at work involved:  Helping customers find the right product.  Stocking shelves using inventory from the backroom.  Zoning shelves, arranging and modifying displays.  Using Telxon barcode scanner to manage inventory and check stock. I learned how use a Telxon barcode scanner. Management were a upbeat and helpful group. My co-workers I got know as friends and we worked together as a unit or team with everyone helping each other out. The hardest part of the job was being responible for half of the store or more at once. The most enjoyable part of the job was staying busy and having wonderful co-workers.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Very large store to cover
A nice place to work. Excellent teamwork. People respect one another and are always willing to help whenever needed. Customers have positive feedback.
Pros
Weekly friday brunches. Appreciation pizza parties.
Cons
Not enough hours
check truck listings place co-workers in departments to work freight to the side counters.my co-workers respected me so the job went smooth the hardest part of my job was trying to please management. i learned how to supervise the night crew and to keep product flow going smooth. the enjoyable part of my job was getting the trucks processed and having the counters full and my co-workers feeling good about the job the did.
Pros
free coffee once a week
Cons
management expecting more work for little pay.00
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?