Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Ancaster, ON

I found the biggest problem in the entire facility to be the unstable little bully working in HR. "Sue" single handedly ruined the entire experience for me, totally incompetent in her own position, she seems to delight in petty and insignificant opportunities to demonstrate her authority. Sad really, because I enjoyed most of the Management Team in Ancaster. They'd be doing themselves a favor if they jettisoned this liability.
Pros
The Team
Cons
Sue
Wish I was still working there. The only problem is travelling to there, if you have car than it is fine or you will have to wait for bus. Less supervision but still they respect what you did.
Fast paced workplace that offers new opportunities each day, Opportunity to have continued learning and training. There is potential to explore other positions in the store and gain better working knowledge of the over all operations, The company offers great benefits to full time associates and the option to buy company stock at a reduced price
Pros
Potential for advancement
Cons
Work/Life balance is difficult during certain times of the year
I had a good first experience at Walmart as this has been my first every job. However, I have had a few issues with management especially relating to my availability, Other than that, co-workers were friendly and I had a great time working with them
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
A lot of work to be done constantly so you're constantly moving around the store and it's pretty tough on your feet. You can learn how to operate within different departments such as Home Shopping, Customer Experience, Front End as well as Fulfillment. Walmart Ancaster's management isn't by far the kindest but they do care about their associates. The hardest part of the job is knowing when to take your breaks and working out all of your breaks along with other associates within the department. The best part of the job is probably getting along with other associates and when working a 7-8 hour shift you get a 1 hour lunch.
Pros
Hour Lunches
Cons
Availability
good starter job into customer service, working with diverse groups of people along as completing different tasks. management for the location i worked at sucked considering it was a prototype store.
Never know where you will be working until you get there. Horrible management. Lack of communication makes it difficult for everyone involved. Team leads don't care about your health as long as job is done.
Pros
10% discount card
Cons
Horrible management
Knowing that you are going to gain new experiences working on the floor the culture is vast and the hardest part of working in areas that hasn't been stocked and the customers are looking for items and is unable to find it
Working in the photo lab was the most painful experience ever. The customers were absolutely delightful to help/serve. but unfortunately the staff was what forced me to leave.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Walmart is a funned easy environment to adjust to. The associates are always welcoming. The management team sometimes is hard to deal with. Theres is always room to grow.
I worked at Walmart as a cashier to further add to my resume and gain some real work experience. I worked extra hours and contributed my greatest efforts to elevate the store. This job furthered my time management skills as I balanced school alongside work. I built professional connections in the community and furthered my social skills by regularly interacting with customers. Being apart of the frontend, it was my responsibility to increase customer satisfaction and actively follow Walmart’s guidelines on customer policies.
Pros
Great management
The management at Walmart is fantastic. They help you to succeed in every aspect. Customer interaction is a key role in the position and must be taken very seriously. My job consisted of taking care of the customer, ensuring their bill was correct, price matching, as well as accommodating several types of payments within one transaction.
I had this job in highschool and it was a good job for after school. It helped me learn basic customer service sills and provide valuable workplace experience.
The job is good considering the amount of hours they provide, but managment tends to find it difficult to work with a students schedule given time off that is needed during exam time.
Pleased with the way my co workers treated me as a new employee and always felt welcome with them. The work environment itself was always uplifting and fun. However, the management team had some policies and procedures that were unfair and unjust towards employees. Also, as a full time high school student, the hours were very long. I was working full time hours on top of school.
Personally- Walmart totally supported me in my quest to enroll in school. Supported my need for exams and pre grad work. Poor one on one communication with management and staff. Staff treated quite poorly in terms of labor and duties.
Pros
personally-they were supportive
Cons
globally they treat staff poorly
Working as a cashier at Walmart is good because the business makes time go by so quickly. There were always extra hours to be taken and schedules were released far in advance. The only downside would be the customers and the other staff, who were not very friendly.
Great place to work at. Very friendly staff. very good first job experience for teenagers. Definitely, recommend it to anyone applying for a job at Walmart.
The place I work at now needs to have better management because they are very high stricken on having full open availability They need to understand people have a life outside of work and they need to be more lenient on hours
Pros
Discount Helps / benefits are great / hours are good
Cons
Management / advancing / treated fairly
My time working at Wal-Mart Ancaster was an overall good experience. I increased my work ethic aswell as learned new job skills I will apply in the future.
Pros
Overall good employer
Cons
Lack of advancment
I enjoy working in a job that makes you think of the problem and how to fix it i love working with my hands repairing things to make them look like nothing ever happened
Pros
Good team players that help
Cons
not much for tools or supplies