Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Amherstburg, ON

I have the best midnight team to work with. My assistant Manager is the bomb I couldn’t ask for a better Manager. One of Walmart’s Best. I have no complaints
Wal-mart offered me and others, a good chance o deal with difficult people in management. There are pros and cons to every job and every position at said job. My coworkers for the most part were enjoyable to work with, and at a time, 1/5 managers were approachable and respectable. The way the managers treat there employees is despicable, but I am thankful for the work experience they offered me.
Pros
Coworkers were wonderful, for the most part.
Cons
Everything else was a con
Allows for its employees to balance work life and personal life. Management is fun and supportive, very approachable as well as respectful of its employees
This is a pretty good fob for someone who is in high school and college as if you give them your hours they are willing to work around them and it is also a fairly easy job.
staff is very good and i used to work their and the work enviroment is very polite and ever thing is going good but now i need a more hours to work so that is why i am looking for new job.
Pros
free lunch some days
Cons
part time
I enjoyed working at Walmart as a first job and found the workers and management friendly and flexible with the hours I needed in order to continue my education.
Working at Walmart isn't that bad at the start. The employees are nice, the work isn't that hard, the pay is good. Although, after working their for awhile you start to see the true colours. The management is horrible, the back pain you experience is noticeable after a couple of months, and the cut back of hours. Your managers will bark at you to do insane amount of work in a short period of time while they sit around making no attempt to assist you. Than after thats all said and done they will belittle you because you didn't "fulfill their request" The worst part is the hour cut back. I was working nearly 37 hours a week last summer, which is perfect for saving money for school. now they barely give me 12 hours a week. This is even happening to the full timers. Just last month in the break room there was a conversation going on where an older worker was talking about having to sell his house because he can afford his mortgage. Is the really the best course of action to take Walmart? Overall the work environment at Walmart is tolerable while the management is intolerable. The actual work is low stress until the managers come by and ask you to do something that doesn't really need to be done, which cause you to sometimes stay after hours when you should be at home with your family. But this may just be my Walmart, who really knows what the others are like. This is my brutally honest review of the current Walmart I am employed too.
Walmart as a company squanders growth and does not maintain a high quality of standard for their customers or employees. This made it a very difficult place to work.The management is quite poor and both new ideas and growth are discouraged.
Pros
terrible management
Cons
investment opportunites
Older staff either treat you like a chid or like you are suppose to know every thing already. Everyone gossips about each other and management is inconsistent. They tried "team building" but it was forced and not fun. No one monitored you or your breaks and it was up to you to figure it out with other associates. In the deli you would get in trouble if there were too many left-overs at night but yelled at if there was not enough food out on the hot counter.
Pros
Cons
physically demanding.
A typical work day at Walmart is very long and hard, with little to no direction from management. Management is almost never around and when they are its generally to harass their employees. The employees are very un happy and difficult to work with as there is much favoritism and even family working side by side not everyone is treated fairly or respectably.
I started as a Store Standards Associate, who pushed carts and cleaned the store, for 8 months until I was promoted in to the electronics department. My job now, as a sales representative, is just to give information on a variety of products and put stock out in the mean time. Since we don't work on commission, we can give customers our honest opinion on products.The coworkers I have are fantastic and we are a tight knit family back there. Most of them are my age and in the same position in their life as I am - recent University graduates looking for jobs elsewhere, so we have a lot in common and stick up for each other whenever we need to. The workload is decent - you're never really bored but you're not running around all the time (unless it is a special event like Black Friday or Christmas). Obviously, one will encounter "Walmart customers" and you will get yelled at your fair share - but my coworkers have always been there to comfort me and laugh it off.This is where my main problem with Walmart lies however. Every single department manager, duty manager, and our store manager have never once stuck up for any associate when a conflict gets out of hand and the customer asks to see a manager. Through two and a half years, managers have continually thrown associates (whether its myself or others), under the bus although we have done what we have always been told to do (we don't have any stock left, we're not allowed to sell a display model, etc.). I have not once seen a manager stand up for an associate which is my biggest complaint about this company.Since all managers - more...
Pros
opportunities to move around departments, great co-woe\rkers
Cons
poor management, extreme stress, disorganization