Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Amherst, NS

Good place to work no questions their I had medical benefits in witch I had full time but not enough hours pay checks way too small one of the reasons I left. Besides having supervisor issues otherwise IWould still be there at one time I loved going to work then management changed and went badly down hill
Pros
Christmas parties and picnics
Cons
Shifts way too short hour time is way too long
very busy fast pace, more responsibilities then compensated for. perpetually understaffed. retail and grocery work. Work with public. There is a lack of communication here making it hard to stay on the same page.
A typical day at work usually went by fast I learned about handling customers and money Management is important to set rules and goals for the store Hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers and not getting credit for the good job you have done The most enjoyable part of the job was making customers happy and getting along with my co workers.
The job itself was fine. I was part of receiving, so the work was usually fast paced and strenuous but I expected that, and the days went by quick. But after about a week of working there everyone in my department started calling in sick. There is supposed to be 5-7 people working in my department every day, but almost daily it was just me and one other person doing the work and picking up the slack for the people calling in. Our manager did NOTHING about this. Which normally wouldn't be a problem right? She cant control what other people do.. That would be fine, but she expected me and my coworker to get all 7 peoples work done, like 100% complete. And she would totally hassle us about it. Like literally yell at us, threaten to fire us etc. How did she expect 2 people to finish 7 peoples work? Ridiculous. She would constantly swear on the job, and make everyone feel like they were useless and stupid. No wonder everyone started calling in sick! Also on top of that we were only getting paid a few cents more than cashiers, and we were working a labor intensive job? give me a break!
Pros
Sometimes you got free pizza I guess?
Cons
Literally everything else about the job excluding the pizza.
I loved working for walmart, although the managers expected too much while giving us unreasonable time restrictions. For the fresh department, they need a dishwasher, and they need more cameras.
Pros
discount card
Cons
the people
I have worked at Walmart for 6 years now. I started when I was in grade 12. When I was a high school student with lots of extra curriculars and a full time university student with a second job, Walmart always worked around my hectic scheduled and made sure I was putting my schooling first. We really are just a large family. Walmart offers a 10% discount in store and almost every item for all associates. Each year, Walmart divides the profit from the store you're working at and divides it among all the employees (I received as much as $2200 one year). Also new for 2018, part time employees are able to receive health and dental benefits if they wish to enroll in the benefits program. Also, even part timers starting out receive 2 weeks paid vacation following 1 year of employment. I have also had the opportunity to travel expensive free to work at other Walmart stores when they were in need of extra assistance. All meals, gas, and hospitality paid for.
Pros
Benefits, discount, profit share, paid vacation
Cons
May work different hours every day
It was a alright job. lots of good people and good experience. Learned a lot form the people that trained me. They seem to to want me in a position in which i had knowledge of the products that i was selling.
Pros
good hours
Cons
long lunches
Little to no training. Not very good pay. Not a friendly atmossphere. Short lunch. Bad hours. To much to do in the time they want it done..............
I enjoyed working with Walmart and helping associates learn the Walmart culture. I enjoy working and helping customers making sure they get what they come in for. If they couldn't find what they were looking for we help them find something in its place and make sure we have it for the next time. There are always chances to move up in the company. Working along side with other members of management and store manager helps learn different ways to do things and you improve yourself
Pros
great benefits
Cons
my position being Terminated
It can be a good place to work if you are full time but it can also be very stressful at times overall some people can be very demanding to work with some customer can ultimately be very pushy and others can be very friendly, overall it is a fairly good place to work but it has its drawbacks
All the tools are there for this to be a successful business with happy employees. There is a potential for greatness that is not being explored. There could be many good aspects to working here.
Pros
My position is important and understaffed so I have job security.
Cons
Low wages; underappreciated; lack of support from management; schedules are not family friendly.
I loved working at wal mart meeting all the new people there that I would see, talked a lot sympathized with what the costomers would tell me, just loved the interaction, worked and got along great with co-workers, salary was good
Pros
the breaks worked out good, flexible work schedule, discounts
Cons
hrs
In my years at Wal-Mart I have been in most departments and I was up to the unique challenges of each one. Serving the public and helping each individual with their owe personality to have a fantastic shopping experience at Wal-Mart.
Pros
Agknowlagment for a job well done.
Cons
alot of work always and never a boring day learned to focus and really try hard on all the tasks in hand wonderful managemet never enough time in the shift to get the work complete or at least in my mind i thought it was. alot always got accomplished the staff are all great people
not enough hours to live on, management very caring and considerate, co workers awesome, loved working there just couldn;t survive on hours....