Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Alliston, ON

The store I worked for was badly managed and all the managers were bad mouthing each other and over-riding each others orders most of them never looked up from their phones while walking the store or meetings. Building the store was the best part. Working there was a nightmare. The stupid Walmart cheer was embarrassing.
Pros
Cons
tons
Management doesn’t communicate and has unrealistic expectations which can cause body strain. The schedules were horrible and sometimes worked 9 days in a row because they let the weeks run into each other. Wouldn’t work there again
Pros
Learned new things
Cons
It was okay at first, I mean working overnights is hard as it is but the way they forced you and pressured you was completely unreasonable. Management was TERRIBLE. They talk down to anyone under them, they belittle you and embarrass you. Nothing you did was good enough and there was always unnecessary comments coming from their mouths. They made you feel stupid for asking any questions
taking things off the truck and loading them onto the floor is not really complicated and the day goes by pretty fast. Everyone was pretty nice and i learned a lot
Walmart is a great part time and full time job and I learned alot by working there such as, team work and communication skills and also how to work together to get things done better and faster and i carry those skills to my future jobs to come.
Pros
life lessons
Cons
Management was nice but don’t listen to what days you need off or if you’d like some days off. Co workers were very nice and helpful when first working.
Pros
1 hour lunch and 2, 15 min breaks
Cons
scheduled a lot
A typical day at work was bringing out skids from the back room, taking them to the correct area and unloading them. I would organize and zone the areas to make sure they were up to standards. I stocked the shelves in a variety of different areas based on where they needed me. The hardest part of this job was that it was overnights.
Coworkers are great. Management is out for themselves. Over worked, hours cut, short staff. No one is held accountable. Untrustworthy managers. Managers have favorites. Store manager is two faced, she will be nice to your face but then get one of the assistant managers to do her dirty work so she doesn’t look like the bad guy. All the hard working employees are leaving there to find other work because of the stuff that goes on, on a daily basis.
Pros
Some coworkers
Cons
Not enough hours, over worked, short staff
I really loved working here... the time went by so fast for me here because I got along well with my coworkers and there is always something to do so before you know it the day is over and its time to go home. I would love to work at Walmart again honestly.
Pros
1hr lunch, friendly staff, 10% off everything in store, benefits, always something to keep you busy
Cons
N/a
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
Walmart was a definite challenge. once you get the hang of things though it becomes easy and a fun work place. There are many departments so there are lots of people you have to get to know, but they all become great coworkers in the end.
The job and every person in management there sucks bit time. The associates that you work with on the floor are about 75% awesome and the other 25% you want to stay away from. scheduling is horrible there and to book a day off is like pulling teeth, they don't care about their employees at all.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Everyone makes you feel so welcome and are extremely helpful. I was working another job/going to school while working at Walmart and they made sure to work around these schedules. As a cashier, breaks were often forgotten and CSM's needed to be reminded.
the associates are great. The workplace culture is enjoyable and the associates really care. there is a disconnect between the managers at the store level and the managers at the home office
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
no work life balance
most managers have a good work ethic and sense of humor. never have problems as long as you are doing your job. over all not a bad place to work. great people and decent managers
straight days/afternoons room for advancement in house training management ever changing team atmosphere if you enjoy helping others and working together as a team Walmart is a great place to work
Everyone is very focused on money and fast paced sales with little regard for workers. All staff were very unhappy to be present there and there was little to no hope of being moved through positions to relieve pressure of being a cashier all day.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Poor Management
Work Cash and greet customers. great hours other employees great to work with. discount on products. Organize on work schedule, Room to move around for other positions.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Great hours
It was an ok place to work. They did make room for my work/home schedule and were very supportive and helpful. I did not enjoy the work environment.
Very easy work, decent hours to be given to staff. Good staff to work with. Management was also helpful and good to their staff. Lots of room to move up.
Pros
Easy work, friendly staff/customers, good shifts times
Cons
min. wage, very little benifits
Good job for part time work. They have geed benefits for full time associates, but not very many perks other than that. Management could be better, but jobs are super easy.
Each day is a new day. Walmart is a very enjoyable place to work at with amazing co-workers who are very kind. Cashing out customers daily is a great opportunity to have a chance and experience to meet new customers every day. The hardest part about being a cashier is having to understand that some customers may be upset due to a lack of product or etc. I've learned from working as a cashier to always help the customers in every way possible to make them happy. At the end of the day, if places were switched around I would like the same for myself.