Walmart Employee Reviews in Alliston, ON
Alliston, ON29 reviews
Found 29 reviews matching the searchSee all 212,746 reviews
Indeed featured review
The most useful review selected by Indeed
The store I worked for was badly managed and all the managers were bad mouthing each other and over-riding each others orders most of them never looked up from their phones while walking the store or meetings. Building the store was the best part. Working there was a nightmare. The stupid Walmart cheer was embarrassing.
Management doesn’t communicate and has unrealistic expectations which can cause body strain. The schedules were horrible and sometimes worked 9 days in a row because they let the weeks run into each other. Wouldn’t work there again
Learned new things
It was okay at first, I mean working overnights is hard as it is but the way they forced you and pressured you was completely unreasonable. Management was TERRIBLE. They talk down to anyone under them, they belittle you and embarrass you. Nothing you did was good enough and there was always unnecessary comments coming from their mouths. They made you feel stupid for asking any questions
Walmart is a great part time and full time job and I learned alot by working there such as, team work and communication skills and also how to work together to get things done better and faster and i carry those skills to my future jobs to come.
A typical day at work was bringing out skids from the back room, taking them to the correct area and unloading them. I would organize and zone the areas to make sure they were up to standards. I stocked the shelves in a variety of different areas based on where they needed me. The hardest part of this job was that it was overnights.
Coworkers are great. Management is out for themselves. Over worked, hours cut, short staff. No one is held accountable. Untrustworthy managers. Managers have favorites. Store manager is two faced, she will be nice to your face but then get one of the assistant managers to do her dirty work so she doesn’t look like the bad guy. All the hard working employees are leaving there to find other work because of the stuff that goes on, on a daily basis.
Not enough hours, over worked, short staff
I really loved working here... the time went by so fast for me here because I got along well with my coworkers and there is always something to do so before you know it the day is over and its time to go home. I would love to work at Walmart again honestly.
1hr lunch, friendly staff, 10% off everything in store, benefits, always something to keep you busy
We want to help you find great companies. Help us be the best!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Walmart?
The job and every person in management there sucks bit time. The associates that you work with on the floor are about 75% awesome and the other 25% you want to stay away from. scheduling is horrible there and to book a day off is like pulling teeth, they don't care about their employees at all.
Everyone makes you feel so welcome and are extremely helpful. I was working another job/going to school while working at Walmart and they made sure to work around these schedules. As a cashier, breaks were often forgotten and CSM's needed to be reminded.
straight days/afternoons room for advancement in house training management ever changing team atmosphere if you enjoy helping others and working together as a team Walmart is a great place to work
Everyone is very focused on money and fast paced sales with little regard for workers. All staff were very unhappy to be present there and there was little to no hope of being moved through positions to relieve pressure of being a cashier all day.
Each day is a new day. Walmart is a very enjoyable place to work at with amazing co-workers who are very kind. Cashing out customers daily is a great opportunity to have a chance and experience to meet new customers every day. The hardest part about being a cashier is having to understand that some customers may be upset due to a lack of product or etc. I've learned from working as a cashier to always help the customers in every way possible to make them happy. At the end of the day, if places were switched around I would like the same for myself.