Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Ajax, ON

I started working in Walmart Ajax 2010, as an overnight maintenance, doing janitorial, machine repair and helping other stockers. Very friendly personal and opportunities for advancement. If you work full time benefits included not so for part-time
Pros
good benefits, good people
Cons
fair pay for fair work
You are able to work hard in the job but don't get paid enough. Part time is great when you're a student as income is coming but Full time salary in this job is hard to justify in any economy within the last how many years I've been working here. You'll be stuck here if you rely on this income.
Pros
Great flexibility for students
Cons
Pay is way too low
I got good experience and quality of work. It was nice to meet with new people and i worked as a customer value associate by which i was able to go in each and every part of store.
Managers don't listen, they are expecting unrealistic outcomes. You are expected to complete the work of 4 people in 8 hours. Nothing is improved unless some important visit is happening. They hire anyone and no one is held at a standard or let go when they fall under.
I learn a lot things by working for Walmart coming on time to work do my work then giving to me helping the community.Walmart is committed to providing you superior customer service and a pleasant shopping experience. We're happy to respond to your questions about Walmart and appreciate your comments or suggestions.
Nice place to work in with friendly staff. Work is fast paced and keeps you busy. there is a variety of work. Would like to have more hours even in the off season.
they hire lots of students so meeting people and getting to know each other isn't a big deal, friendship comes naturally, the supervisors are generally nice and understanding. The only downside is you literally work the customer, and have to do what they say, even if they are wrong. Can be stressful when everyone goes against rules, even managers, just to please the customers and sometimes you feel they dont care about you at all, but hours are well and staff is well. flexible schedule is very nice during school
Overall its decent but a lot of days are frustrating. They do well with scheduling, if you need to you can have your availability at only weekends and they will work with it. The frustrating part is that if the managers notice that you are a hard worker, you will end up doing the jobs of other people. For example, I have the job title I was hired for and my current job title which i asked to transfer to. Over time I have been asked complete tasks that are outside of my
A great energetic, fast pace place to work. There are oppertunities to advance in the company. It's a great for students, they are pretty flexible with the schedule. You will get customers of all sorts, a great smile and a polite disposition is needed.
hours were ok, people there were fun and great to work with. management was all over the place though, never knew who to report to. overall experience and everything was ok.
At Walmart, some days I am greeter at the front door welcoming customers on the way in and thanking them for their business on the way out. A very positive shopping experience is essential. Checking receipts on the way out. Guide customers through the store. Carry outs with large items. Making sure electric scooters are accessible and fully charged for customers. I also get shopping carts from the parking lot when needed. When sales floor associate I am stocking shelves while helping customers find everything in dry foods. I am always looking to advance my career. I enjoy working at Walmart because my job is to help people and provide a positive experience. Its also permanent.
Pros
permanent
Cons
slow to train, limited advancement potential
- amazing staff to work with and the culture of the store was very welcoming - lots of room to advance in the company and spread your wings - always felt secure and know that you are appreciated
Cashed customers out, engaged in conversations to ensure they had a great experience. Helped with renovations during the beginning of the year which involved building new shelves and stocking them.
Don't particularly have fond memories working here because I was a night-shift employee which wasn't for me, nothing against the company they take care of their employees.
the ajax location that i work at the managers are nice they ensure that the work is distributed evenly between employees, however my hours started dropping drastically while they were hiring new people.
Pros
friendly, welcoming environment
Cons
hours may reduce without notice!
treated employees like dogs low pay unfair disgraceful management was terrible and unfair poor communication poor training very unorganized worst place I've ever worked
A Typical day includes dealing with customers needs, merchandising , setting up displays and merchandise. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with the customers.
Overall is a good place for students and elderly to work, they have positions for everyone, it’s not a very hard job depending on what your doing and what your skill level is
Management is amazing! Very understanding and considerate of others feelings/ life situations. Incentives are given and recognized for outstanding and ethical acts of integrity. Great Place to work!
Pros
Discounted Purchases
Cons
Not many shifts
Great place to work. helped me with similar jobs in my field of education, management is typically awesome, competitive rate of pay, benefits for part time employees
The store I work at is awful. Associates complain about management regularly. I have volunteered at different stores, and the associates there speak so highly of their management team. Honestly, store 3001 is NOT the store that's number 1. Also. IF you're a Walmart shopper reading this... Us cashiers HAVE to ask you for MasterCards or else we get written up. Ridiculous right?