Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews in Abbotsford, BC

was fine working there. not good not even bad. management is supportive . all the co workers are great. no place to grow due to large no. of people working there
It was alright. Usually lacked stuff to stock due to nothing being ordered some days. Some of the managers were great. It was a learning experience for me. My online classes started so I needed a job which can be one certain time.
It is a very productive place to work and we can make good friends here. While working here I was able to manage my work as well as study. We can find a friendly and collaborative environment here
Management was very pushy with mastercard applications and didn't treat their employees very fairly. The most enjoyable part of the job was finding nice co workers to get along with.
Enjoy all aspects of the job and the employees. Fair wage increases and enjoy/respectful management and office staff. Very flexible with schedules. Thank you
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of training g when new employee
I liked the pay but the constant people wanting to see you fail and doing thing to make you fail was very frustrating. I liked the people who wanted to see me win but it populated by people who are sad with their lives so they project their frustration to making you fail.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything
Working at walmart is rewarding and benefitial. They make you feel appreciated and valued and you get discounts on groceries for you and family. Their training process is broken down well and they are very flexible with hours.
day to day work was simple and straight forward and you could expect to have many routine shifts with the once and awhile rough days.The job itself only gets better with the people around you that manage you and work with.my time there showed over time people coming and going that this job requires good employees and managers. During my employment ive had both good and bad employees and managers, so the job isnt always at fault in my experiance..
Pros
hour lunch was great for grabbing lunch anywhere
Cons
they need to hire better, quality over quantity
Good place to work for when fresh out of high school or for part time. co workers are very nice but management changes too frequently. Otherwise good environment
Clockin on time, review schedule to access how many Associates are coming into work. Walk the floor in order to determine the priorities for the shift and assign them to the various Associates. Follow up throughout the shift and offer a helping hand where needed. Help the younger associates to grow in self-confidence. Follow management instructions and suggestions throughout the day as circumstances change. Through the years I have learned that the sale is not done until the Consumer is satisfied. Customer Service is the top priority. The cultural diversity is getting along well and we celebrate all major religious festivals together. There is no one specific hardest or most enjoyable part of the job. You are constantly changing throughout the day. Just one big family dealing with its daily problems and having fun doing it.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
slow pay scale.
At Walmart if you work hard you are the only one working and the manager tells you to do everything and there are people who don’t do any work and managers never say anything and they just walk around. There are also some managers who are lazy and just walk around and sit in the lucnchroom all the time and if you ask them for help they will say they are busy and managers never take initiative for anything unless home office brings it up their attention and they don’t get yelled at. Their will be some stuff that should be done but managers never do they unless they get yelled at by head office and then they will start blaming us for it even though we were trying to tell them their thing before but since as I said they never listen to employees at all
Pros
1 hour lunch, easy job
Cons
Random hours
A typical day for me at work would be myself dealing with customers complaints and helping them with whatever they need.I would also help cashier with what they are in need of and sending cashiers for breaks. I also have to count the tills at the end of the night, make sure the extra money besides the float goes back in to the cash office. I have learned a lot from Walmart. I started off as a cashier, then worked my way to Customer Service and now I am a Customer Service Manager. I proved my assistant managers wrong when they didn't believe I could do all these things. The most enjoyable thing at Walmart would be meeting all the people that come from all over the world. It's nice meeting new people and also having our regular customers come in for simply just a coffee from McDonalds.
Pros
Staff, Paid 15 min breaks
Cons
N/a
A typical day at work consists of assisting customers in purchasing their items and bagging them. Cashiers must memorize codes for items such as produce and be able to interact with customers of all kinds.
Pros
stress free environment
Cons
closing is at 11pm
Walmart under pays is cashiers and floor associates. They never schedule enough people so they expect one person to do the job of 4 people. They give associates more work and more responsibilities but don't increase their pay at all.
Pros
1 hour lunch in large lunch room, 10% discount, yearly profit sharing check
Cons
Everything, bad management, expect too much of works, don't pay workers enough, overworking staff, staff are stressed, staff are under paid.
Really pushed the walmart mastercards. lots of yelling at cashiers if they did not get enough people applying for mastercards. cashiers yelled at by managers and management did nothing.
I always enjoyed going to work. The people I worked with were friendly and helpful.Management was nice and approachable.Workplace culture was extensive.Hardest part of work was low hours.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
it was an okay job, but honestly the management was terrible and rude, and completely not understanding at all. they were only concerned about the job getting done and did not care about the employees being comfortable and safe.
I worked a Walmart as a cashier and it was okay. Pretty straight forward job. Walmart was quite accommodating when it came to taking days off for personal reasons.
a good place to work with good people. a opportunity to grow. management is good wages are way to low can't survive with such wages all over if u want earn good money it is not place to work for experience it is great
I enjoyed working there as a store standard, getting to know everyone and working hard. I only ended up leaving because a manager harassing me none stop about working more hours and quiting my other job, while also not giving me full time or benefits. If the job had advancement of any kind, would've stayed a bit longer.
Pros
Friendly Enviroment
Cons
Managers who don't understand their workers
Walmart is a place where anyone can work. The labour jobs at Walmart are not very tough, and there are little educational requirements. I would recommend working there part time.