Walmart logo
Happiness score is 56 out of 100Below average

Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 12,095 reviews matching the searchSee all 223,570 reviews

Loved our morniing meetings

I.enjoy my time here my supervisor was great ,gave mefamily time etc I got off when needed . Some work was alittle far fetch dont like climbing ladders etc

Pros

We had bvq days appreciate days etc lots of charities

Very disorganized

Poor hours and scheduling, very difficult to advance. Poor wages, you can’t make enough to eat and pay rent and they have no concern about the need for specific schedules to accommodate having job. Management can be very ignorant cold and uncaring. They boast about yearly bonuses but take most of it to cover costs of customer theft even though you can’t confront customers who are stealing

Pros

Occasionally free food

Cons

Everything else

Working culture

Work culture is pretty cool, good place to advance your career. Personally speaking, you will be given more chances to advance but people at some point get so use to of what they are doing that they will stay there until retire. But for someone who wants to grow into the company, i believe it is one of the best companies to work for.

Pros

Inventory Control and Management

Cons

Master of one trade

Management is awful.

The work itself was simple and easily done and you hardly had a bad customer, the managment there absolutely breaks this job, atleast those in the front end in the store, they clearly had favourites and would bully people they just didn't like for no reason, wouldn't recommend working there, atleast not in the front end

Pros

Discount on things in the store

Cons

Awful management

streesful

is very stress to work in walmart ,there work til 11:00 pm ans some times next day you my schedule 10:00 morning ,and they cut hours a lot ,you may have just 7 hour every two week .

Productive and friendly

There are five things that I would like to work ar Walmart :1. My Department Manager always supports staff if there is any inquiry2. The salary is acceptable3. There is a very clear and fair working policy4. Updated training5. The benefit is good : vacation, livewell off, in advanced 3 weeks schedule, changing shifts flexibly

Walmart isn’t as great as you’d hope.

MANAGERS LIKE TO LIE. They don’t act very professional at all, and they really like to play with your hopes. All and all there just a bad company. Good for teenagers starting work. Other then that it’s bad !

Pros

The brainwashed me

Cons

I thought they were GREAT !

Environnement de travail

C‚Äôest correct mais je pense qui mette trop de pression. Les g√©rants son vraiment gentil et veulent toujours que vous finissez vos t√Ęches que vous commencer si vous chercher un emploi stable √† rester n‚Äôy allez pas car l‚Äôaugmentation de salaire est d√Ľ a avoir.

Pros

10% de rabais

Cons

Salaire toujours le même après 1 ans de travail

productive and non productive as everything should be

i just want to see all of the other reviewshard work everydayi learned about carsworkplace was boringhardest part was walkingeasiest part was running

High paced work place

The goal put as much out as fast you can. You really get to know the customers and most Co-workers are fun to work with. My favorite thing was stocking health and beauty products.

Pros

Good education classes

Cons

Fast pcing

Jobs at Walmart

See more jobs

Can’t trust anyone

This place makes me miserable. They pick favorites. And the young CSM talk bad about you. But then preach positivity and get mad the second u do something wrong.

Pros

Discount at McDonald’s

Cons

Everything else

Meilleur employeur

Juste et équitable, grande place recommandable offre des expériences pertinentes

Pros

de coeur

Cons

horaire imposé

Extremely Exhausting

I’d say this job isn’t for the faint hearted, especially if you have any health issues.Management was poor. Ask a question get turned away from employees and the managers.

Benefits

Cons

Poor team and management, lots of work.

Horrible

Management is very condescending and in order to get any recognition from management you have to work for 5+ years and even then it's a pat on the back and if you're lucky you'll get a promotion. You have to be friends with management in order for them to actually hear you out about an issue in your department. All management does is take laps around the store chatting with each other and immediately assume you're doing nothing even though you are actually in the middle of doing something. They don't like it when you need help from another associate in order to do a specific task when it is necessary for the task. Meanwhile you'd see two managers collecting recovery around the store together with a shopping cart they tell associates we're not allowed to use because it's for the customers not associates. Department managers are underpaid for how much they do and how much they put up with from management. It's a good summer job for high school students which is how I started there but the longer you're there the more you see how toxic the workplace is. And the 10% discount is bare minimum of what a multi millionaire company could give to their associates.

It's an ok job, but horrible management.

The job can be okay sometimes, but the management is horrible here. They don't care nor listen usually, you're lucky if you have 1-2 good managers. They criticize more than motivate, alot of favoritism and drama. I've worked at places with bad management but here it's pretty bad. There's only 2 managers that are actually good (usually). However the discount card comes in handy after your three months for groceries etc. Benefits are good for full-time associates, scheduling is all over the place and not that flexible. Honestly I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. It's one thing to shop at Walmart, but another to work there.

Pros

Discount card, some benefits, some decent employees.

Cons

Bad management, no communication, lack of organization, too much favoritism, highschool drama.

No a good workplace,unloading truck is hardest

Non co operative staff,too much work,no communication with store manager and HR,usually get back problems on this job,push the part time people too much

Pros

Cons

No benefit, too much work, always short on staff, too much feminism

Not a place you want to stay at for a long time

It is what it is.. Its WALMART! You get what you get, its a big organization with different locations so not every place is going to be the same in terms of management and job culture. If you do decide to work here just know that there's not alot of opportunities for growth unless you worked there for 5+ years, if you do something good all you get is a pat on the back. There is alot of stuff you have to deal with on a regular basis from customers and your CSM's. You’re underpaid and unappreciated, its a physical and emotional demanding at times. Walmart is a good summer job but not to stay for a long time.

Pros

Sometimes you get free lunches and other times you might have to pay for it

Cons

Long hours, demanding, underpaid

Learning and earnings togrther

If you are a student or part time employer then wm is best suited for your career goals at least for time being they also consider you for promotion s if you fit in well. Support you and management is prompt in staff issues. Good place to work at.

Pros

Good work culrure, supportive management, opportunities to grow

Cons

The way everything works is bad

I've been working for almost a year and still don't really know how somethings work. people there expect you to know stuff without being taught. the computer system used is also horrible.

Pros

10% Discount

Cons

Doesnt listen to requests. Expected to know everything

It was not really that hard but I was given a certain number of boxes to put on shelves. Sometimes managed that but not always.

It was ok actually. Just make sure your mood is always up and that you don't lash out at a manager at all. It was ok in that the maanger is at times forgiving and understanding.

Pros

Known hourly wage really.

Cons

Long often borring job really.

Good coworkers, horrible management

It’s a fast paced environment which makes the days go by easier. The coworkers at my store were friendly and willing to help, it was like actually having a friend there. But recently we had a change in front end manager and the result has the entire front end in shambles. No one is impressed with the way they handle things, the schedules they make are awful, and they have no concern for anyone working there and their safety. I needed a change in my schedule and she didn't approve it due to laziness. When i told her the reasons or the change she still did not switch my shifts or sympathize with me. It’s sad seeing as she is a woman as well and didn’t understand my concerns about finishing at 11 p.m. with no ride home and not wanting to pay out of pocket for a taxi I shouldn’t have to get.

Pros

Small discount, friendly workers

Cons

Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

57.9K