Walmart
Walmart Employee Review

Not worth your time

23 August 2019
Sylvan Lake Walmart used to be a good store but now it’s a dump. The current store manager is absolutely horrid. She constantly lies, hides from staff and customers and plays favorites. Absolutely appalling management “team”. If you have another choice DO NOT work here. Never take a ‘flex’ position. Flex just means part time with no guarantee of hours.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
The staff are great but stressed out
Cons
Horrid store manager
2 March 2017
Same role
Cash Office Worker (Former Employee) - Woodstock, NB
I really enjoyed working for this company as a cashier. After about a year they put me in the cash office to work. I would of still been at walmart if it was not for the schooling.
7 April 2020
Same location
Overnight Support Manager (Former Employee) - Sylvan Lake, AB
I had a great time working at walmart. There are a few things they could work on thou; for instance, not enough communication between managers and employee. Also have more awareness on lateral violence in the work place! Being yelled at about an injury and not going through the proper protocol for incidents, is not proper for any manager to do to a fellow associate!
9 December 2019
Same location
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) - Sylvan Lake, AB
Working for walmart for 8 years, helped me grow and become more independent and to work well with others. Some days were tough and I did not want to be there but overall, I enjoyed it. Most of all, I enjoyed the people I worked with. The pay was good and I was treated well by management.
  1. Not worth your time