Walmart
Walmart Employee Review

27 August 2015
Great culture to be in. Team treated each other with respect and dignity. Work is done on time, Priporities are set and deadline are met. Team building, motivating and transforming was in deed a great leaning experience.
5.0Job security/advancement
17 June 2017
Same role
Shoe division manager (Former Employee) - Chilliwack, BC
This was my founding career. I had mentors who saw in me more than I did in myself. The time and training invested has formed the manager I am now. The only reason I left is I had no desire to be moved away from my family for the second time.
5 February 2015
Same role
Divisional Specialty Manager (Former Employee) - Hamilton, ON
This is a high paced retail environment and priorities can and will change in an instant depending on the needs of the business. Diplomacy and verbal skills are a definite asset. This is a progressive company and promotes adaptability and cross-training to better serve their customers and meet their Associates work/life balance; it also prevents the tedium of a mass production environment. The hardest part of being a Manager is after training and re-training an Associate, having to tell them that Retail is not their forte and subsequently firing them. I always enjoyed the annual evaluations as there was no surprises on their evaluations as I was always available to answer questions and encourage when needed during the year. Some of the best moments working at Wal-mart was recruiting, training and developing Associates to continue their careers.
4 June 2019
Same location
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) - Various locations across GTA
Each store has good and bad things. It was great working at a store with a good team. Stores with not such a good team were tough. People a generally good but everything depends on what your store manager wants to do and their personality.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
they ask you to do a year of nights