Walmart Employee Reviews

Horrible
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON18 June 2018
without a doubt the worst job i have ever worked. Was promoted to Support Manager within months but came to realise its all politics. Management brings in people from different countries to work as management for cheap and with no experience. Extremely racist if you are not one of their own.

Would stay away from this horrible place.
Fun workplace, good job for an independent worker
FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHER/MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON18 June 2018
Although this is a very demanding job it was a wonderful place to work. You need to be able to work alone and fast paced, and be very good with your sales! It is a very rewarding job in the long run!
This place I didn't like wasn't like they represented it
Walmart Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls, NB18 June 2018
Were suppose to be a big familly no lityle gangs talking againt other employe not true.if you had a problem with someone working there you had to wright the time the day and what that person did to you .you think we have time to stop everything to do that.they say come to us we will fix it together but that is there answer to wright it down and you don't bother with that.And the problem don't get fix .
Stressful
Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 June 2018
Must be able to keep up with a fast work environment and be able to manager many changes. Management is often willing to accept different availabilities and vacation requests
good place to work
Temp (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 June 2018
it was a good environment and nice and motivated people willing to tech you new things.

the management was very good to me and shift were really easy once I got to know how to do the stuff they tell me
its the nice job but full of stress
Walmart (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 June 2018
the work has to completed in the given time. otherwise there will be problem and there will be all overstocked in the back and workplace has to be organized and majoritily one has to interac with customers thats the difficult part.
Terrible management
Customer Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON15 June 2018
I have been at walmart for almost 9 years and the management team in there is terrible. They either hide in the back room, gossiping or are walking around with their phones, texting and laughing, all the while drinking coffee. Two of them are alittle to close for comfort. They never give you a straight answer to questions and seem confused with the goals of the store or associates. Makes for a very stressful and unsettled work place.
Pros
Non
Cons
Weird shifts, constant confuision.
Good student jobs
Caissière et commis de plancher (Former Employee) –  Québec Province15 June 2018
Many students and easy talking colleagues. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the job was pretty simple and not that boring because they're is a lot to do.
Pros
Frozen dinners are pretty cheap, the breaks are long and many discount.
Cons
Other management
walmart
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 June 2018
the only downside is that they do not hiring full time people. the company only hires part time to avoiding giving employees benefits...……………………………..
upbeat work environment/ bad managment
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON15 June 2018
Working at Walmart isn't that bad at the start. The employees are nice, the work isn't that hard, the pay is good. Although, after working their for awhile you start to see the true colours. The management is horrible, the back pain you experience is noticeable after a couple of months, and the cut back of hours.
Your managers will bark at you to do insane amount of work in a short period of time while they sit around making no attempt to assist you. Than after thats all said and done they will belittle you because you didn't "fulfill their request"
The worst part is the hour cut back. I was working nearly 37 hours a week last summer, which is perfect for saving money for school. now they barely give me 12 hours a week. This is even happening to the full timers. Just last month in the break room there was a conversation going on where an older worker was talking about having to sell his house because he can afford his mortgage. Is the really the best course of action to take Walmart?
Overall the work environment at Walmart is tolerable while the management is intolerable. The actual work is low stress until the managers come by and ask you to do something that doesn't really need to be done, which cause you to sometimes stay after hours when you should be at home with your family. But this may just be my Walmart, who really knows what the others are like.
This is my brutally honest review of the current Walmart I am employed too.
It was a very fun work place an also learning how to work with others
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pincher Creek, AB15 June 2018
Working for McDonald's was a very fun an a learning experience for me. I got to meet alot of great hard working people an working there was one of my best jobs I've had so far. I got to see the most important thing there was how to build there great tasting sandwiches. It also gave me alot of courage on what I em capable of as a worker myself.
Pros
Discount an the free beverages.
Cons
No future in retail business
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 June 2018
No future in retail business. Slave work. Bad store manager. Every manager gets caught up in policy except Produce manager. Workplace dehumanizes everyone.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Wal-Mart Experience
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON14 June 2018
Most days of the job require you to help off load the trucks that come in every week. This took about 2 to 3 hours depending on size. On good days we would have enough people for it to not be a problem but other times only 2 people for the first hour.
fun workplace, nice management team
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2018
Walmart likes to provide a fun and interactive work environment. They care a alot for their customers and employees alike and always puts safety above anything else.
customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB14 June 2018
checked out the client
developed client pictures
returned or refunded client purchases
stocked merchandise for clients to purchases
answered phone calls
Pros
10% discount on everything in store
Environnement de travail agréable.
Commis et caissière (Former Employee) –  Saint-leonard, QC14 June 2018
Dans ce travail, il faut être spontanné et ouvert à tous les changements auxquels l'entreprise fait face.
alright if you only want part time
Fullfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON13 June 2018
alright if you only want part time. pay if only minimum and you get no appreciation for the work that you do and way too much drama might as well work in a factory
Pros
discount card
Cons
drama
Learned to handle different types of people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 June 2018
Walmart taught me exactly how to deal with customers, and in my personal life, people, that could be considered difficult to handle.The best thing that I learned at Walmart was that hard work was recognized and rewarded
Productive, fun, and very inclusive to all members of staff.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 June 2018
A typical day at work would include: Planning, and creating modular inventory floor plans. Ensuring that inventory is on the sales floor when needed, cleaning the backroom.

I learned a lot of useful merchandising and customer value experience. Allowing me to gain new skills for more opportunities in the retail industry.

The management team was absolutely amazing, They were more then happy to help with work, and answer any question we may have had.

I didn't really notice any difficulties in the workplace, as everyone was more than willing to help when it was needed.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the environment, The staff members are all extremely close. The overall culture of the workplace was like family.
Pros
The management team, The staff members, The enviroment
Cons
The hour cut backs
good times
Cashier, Merchandizer (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC13 June 2018
wal mart was a great place to work, the people, the manegment. just an all around great place. the hours were mine if i wanted them, i also worked as an unloader for a few months. stocking shelves was an interesting job, because we would have more items then we had space for sometime.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

538.8K