Walmart Employee Reviews

Fun place to work.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK13 August 2018
This is a fun place to work in your community especially if you enjoy working with the public as customer service is a priority with Walmart.They offer benefit packages to suit your needs.
Pros
Staff discounts, bbq's and lunches for staff.
Cons
Pay is not compatible to work done in the store.
Great atmosphere
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 August 2018
Walmart was a fun, team oriented, friendly atmosphere, They were helpful in my first few weeks there, made me feel apart of the family, i was unloading/loading truck and also organizing the products in stock.
You must be willing to do various task at various location
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON13 August 2018
Hard work, constantly busy. Helping customers, going on cash, merchandising, refilling shelves, doing modular(merchandise assigned location), pricing changes and more
Pros
Benefits, bonus
Cons
Trying to follow many different managements directions
Discount cards
Personnel Manager / Back-Up Personnel Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON13 August 2018
Great place to work. This was my first career experience with HR and I recommend this company. I left because I moved and there was not an available transfer.
Pros
Career position
Cons
no room for advancement
A good place to work with
Produce Associate- Part- time (Current Employee) –  Swift Current, SK13 August 2018
Productive and the managers are approachable and easy to deal with. They also help us out in everyday tasks. Very accommodating and respectful to all most especially to the customers.
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 August 2018
Great place to work, specially when you don't have much experience . Walmart is a great place to learn different skills and work your way up the management ladder.
Good job for students
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC13 August 2018
Working for Walmart was a good experience. There wasn't enough employees to do the work. The regular staff was overloaded with daily duties that were impossible to complete. The rate of pay was very poor especially for someone who has an education.
environnement de travail difficile
Marchandiseur (Current Employee) –  Chomedey, QC13 August 2018
Avoir été gestionnaire d'entreprise, j'ai constaté depuis ces 2 ans a mon poste, qu'il est difficile de travailler avec ce genre de gestion qui ne tient compte d'aucuns avis des travailleurs afin d'améliorer l'environnement et les méthodes de travail.

Une mauvaise gestion d'équipe fait en sorte que les employés ne développe aucuns intérêts a donner leur plein potentiel et ne désire nullement demeurer en poste...Ce qui a pour résultat une rotation incroyable d'employés au sein de ce département.

Les démissions fréquentes et le manque d'encadrement et de formation pour les nouveaux arrivant, ainsi que la surcharge pour les employés existants..font en sorte de miner l’atmosphère.....en multiplient du même coup, le risque de fatigue extrême et d'accident de travail pour ces employés clés de ce département....

Cet avis ne reflète nullement l'opinion des autres employés de cet entreprise ou de celle-ci.
Ce n'est que le résultat d'un analyse personnel et ce, depuis mon embauche en Octobre 2016.
Pros
avantages sociaux et rabais sur diversité de produits en magasin
Cons
Problème de gestion et support d'équipe dans ce département
busy work environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC12 August 2018
Its a very busy work environment. lots of work to do at all times. must be great with the public as well as working with others. being physically fit will be a great benefit as there is lots of lifting and moving of heavy stock. for the most part the people you work with are very nice and fun to work with.
non
Commis de nuit (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC12 August 2018
je n'ai pas aimé travaillé chez Walmart.
l'équipe change tout le temps car mauvaise condition

Want to know more about Walmart?

Ask a question
productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2018
typical day at work is meeting new faces and hvaing to hear different stories from customers. you get to see a glimpse of their lives and be able to meet new friends from other associates
Lots of hours and pay well if you do the job well.
Store standards and Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON11 August 2018
lots of hours up and they give you raises if you do your job well. Management is mostly a mixed but for the most part they do a good job. They're really to work with people to fix problems in the work place.
Pros
some free meals, free drinks
Cons
will phone your house a lot to pick up shifts
Managers are strict but the associates make it a fun place to work at
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2018
Some of the managers at Square One Walmart are very strict; they have realistic goals and most of the time unprofessional. If you by any chance call in sick, they will call you throughout the day and convince you that you could just take medicine and come in for work. They prioritize the company before their employees well-being. One of the times they called me in for work knowing I was at school. That's why some of the managers here are hard to handle at times.
Although some of my associates make working there enjoyable. I've made plenty of new friends and gained a lot of experience working with customers and associates.
Pros
Associates are fun to be around
Cons
Long and inflexible hours
Not Good Place To Work
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 August 2018
It was an okay job, but I feel it's not the place I want to be working. My manager will push you to work more days and I don't have time to study, and skip my class. He doesn't want me to work less, if I asked for 2-3 days.
Cons
Long Hours, Mean staff
A Typical Day at work
Stocker (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 August 2018
Meet at 11pm for team meeting, Pull freight out of freezer using pallet jack, Open boxes and fill the freezers on the frozen isle. Move bakery items to another skid and store in baker freezer, Make a skid for overstock (items that wont fit on the floor). At 6 AM start zoning the area, facing products and claim damaged products.
Pros
straight forward work, always busy and time flys
Cons
Night shift is a commitment and can effect mental and physical health
Cashiers treated poorly
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 August 2018
Cashiers and customer service employees were treated horrific at the store I was at. There was no room for advancement. There were no raises. It was not a good work environment.
fun and intense workplace at times
Overnight fulfillment (Current Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB10 August 2018
caring heavy stuff and stocking them at on shelfs and have to try your best to get over 50 stocked within an hour. the management is awesome kind and funny people and its a dedicated work place where there is a lot committed to working there.
Pros
do good get free bbq and pizza parties
Cons
not the greatest pay for amount of work you put in.
it was a so so job...not hard not easy
Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB10 August 2018
it was the constant remarks about your work that was not cool. but nevertheless cool people to work with.....hardest part was handling the goods..most where breakable
Pros
fun..sometimes stress free
Cons
too many bosses
Depressing
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB10 August 2018
To many managers and pepole who do not pull there weight are treated better then pepole who work as hard as they can.managers will play mind games to get you to do what they want then turn around and not do as they promise.
Pros
Secure
Cons
Managment
Very productive and friendly workplace.
Overnight Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NL9 August 2018
I very much enjoyed working at the Grand Falls-Windsor Walmart location. If it wasn't for a new job offer coming my way i would definitely still see myself working there. The management team is very respectful and very friendly, as are most of the coworkers.
Pros
1 Hour long lunch
Cons
Painful on the body

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

540.5K