Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 11,828 reviews matching the search
I’ve been working at Walmart for 4 years. During this time I have had many life challenges and missed a lot of work. I’m only a part time employee, however they have treated me extremely well. Since we started selling beer, we get a customer once in a while who gets a little ornery and csm and management are always there to back you up.
Pros
Great and supportive team
Cons
No cons
It's a fun store. Sadly, the lower-level managers shoot first & ask questions later, often over non-issues. You will need the ability to tolerate that & to look for the positive.
Pros
10% - 20% discount on purchases, excellent acceptance of seniors, flex hours
Cons
tasks are repetitious, managers fuss over non-issues
Really bad time get treated like garbage talk to the GM and it got worse not a fun place to work really really bad managing dont go there if you don't like violence
Benefits
Cons
Raciist GM and manager
Management nice and understanding, peers are are usually supportive , you will get the odd one that is not. They need to re- renovate the front end , cashier spot.
Pros
Paid 15 min breaks
Cons
Low paid job unpaid hour lunch
Travailler a Walmart a été une expérience qui m'a marquer sur plusieurs points.c'est une référence très fort dans mon parcours professionnel .INCLUSIF a 100%.
Pros
EGALITE DES CHANCES
Cons
FORMATIONS SUR LE PLANCHER
Enjoy coming to work...work with a great number of people and love interacting with the customers....Feel like what I do matters to our customers and staff.
Pros
Benefits, always learning new skills daily
Cons
Wages doesn't always meet the expectation of the job
The breaks are really nice, you have a friendly work environment and tons of buddies to ask for help if you get stuck. The only downside was lack of hours.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Slow
After going through this survey I would recommend people to start their career in Walmart. It’s a place to acquire more skills, knowledge and develop inter personal relationship among your co-workers.
Pros
Good quality service.
Cons
Short hours of break.
No employee appreciation, dont ask you to do work, thet tell you, or you are told to go home. Or get fired for not going to the other warehouse when thet have over 800 employees. Walmart is not a logistics company they are a retailer and dont know how to run a logistics company.
Cons
Transfer you from building to building volentold
Overall associates are great and try hard , Management team is to confusing they can not come together with one thought they all say something different . Store Manager is putting to much stress on everyone and needs to watch what they say, the job itself is great but poor management starting at the top in the store, this person needs to retire.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
As a high school student part time work is very important and the hours at Walmart are flexible. Many highschoolers work there so this makes a great place for a first job. There isn’t a pressure of working with strictly adults but still gives you a sense responsibility and will prepare you for some jobs in the future
enjoy the atmosphere. Management is good to give time off when needed and to express gratitude for their employees when appropriate. Co-workers are easy to get along with
Honestly, I didnt mind working here, the pay was nice, and it was a good summer job. But I felt like i wasnt really trained properly, im more of a hands on person, and the training was mostly online. Management is okay, but as a cashier, i would mostly be stocking shelves, and making sure the front end looked proper, instead of being at the cash. To add, i was under 18 at the time, which meant I wasnt allowed to scan or touch beer. When I'd call for a manager who was able to sell it, they would rarely come, I'd have to wait a while. Overall, Walmart is a good company, but in the cashier position, it isnt that great.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
As a retiree was looking for a part time job with flexible work hours. Training is ok but mostly you learn as you go. Being a self starter I don't wait around for instructions if my Team Leader is not close by. Highlights are: The work is interesting. Some store departments are more enjoyable than others. When you arrive for your shift you never know what department you'll be working in until the Team Lead advises you - so there's lots of variety and no time to get bored. Department Managers are super busy but if you need assistance they'll help you out. I'm gaining more confidence in assisting customers now that I have a better idea of where all the items are located. I enjoy working in the food section or helping our customers in General Merchandise. Stocking shelves is just ok but it has to be done.
Pros
If you love working with people and assisting customers this job is for you, There are yearly bonuses & even part timers can purchase health benefits packages.
Cons
It gets super busy at times - so focus is needed, Sometimes coordinating work tasks/times among employees needs improvement, Department Managers are sometimes overwhelmed, Pay is not great but ok for part time job
Working in December was good but when it come to the new year part time and full time associates only get 10-16 hrs a week which isn’t enough to fully support someone even at the age of 18 and still at home
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short hours
Lots of opportunity to learn. Got to touch on every aspect of my department which is great for career development. Only con is in the Human Resources department in logistics it is VERY hard to come by a permanent position. They mostly hire on contracts, which is why there is high turnover. Other then that, great place to work.
Pros
Excellent development opportunities
Cons
Job Security
i've been with Walmart for almost 4 years now . I love my job and my Co-Workers we are 1 big family and our pride is helping customers in every way we can and make them feel great when they leave the store . If you get hired by Walmart you are joining this big family who will help you achieve you full ability to preform your work . we all help each other no matter where it is and to sum this up it's called TEAM work !
Pros
you get work with all of us
Cons
hours are pretty good
Underpaid and overworked. Get out on nights usually when started. You have to sing a walmart cheer everyday which is so discriminating as you do it in front of people shopping
Pros
Free food once a month
Cons
Not much ot
working in a small town everyone knows you. The competition was high for anything. The management encouraged it.They would give the perks and bonuses to the "top employees". I hope that this only happened at this location
Pros
employee discount, even in the u.s.a.
Cons
over loaded
Working during a pandemic is already difficult, but the management expects you to do four things at once. I am a teenager working part-time and sometimes I get more hours than a full-timer, or I get one shift a week. The managers are caught being unreasonable on several occasions and hardly ever truly listen to your concerns. The open-door policy is non-sense. They are often too focused on writing up minor dress-code violations, yet they pay no attention to scheduling concerns which is a big issue at this store. They are unprofessional and give a lot of attitude to associates who do not deserve it. The managers talk down on you as if they do not already have several advantages over you. The coworkers are very polite and fun to be around at times. They make the 8 hour shifts more bearable. The hardest part of the job would have to be going into the freezer for long periods of time and pulling skids. I have friends who work at other Walmart locations within the area and they do not have these same problems that I have to endure every shift.
Pros
Fun coworkers, decent pay, covid bonus
Cons
Bad management, stressful environment
I worked for the company over 15years. Yes I would encourage people to work gif the company.Great benefits, employees discount, and opportunity to take stock purchases.Advancement in the company.
Pros
Anniversary celebrations
Cons
Do what I’d asked, you may not be happy at all times
  1. Employee reviews