Walmart

Walmart Employee Reviews

Canada13,765 reviews

Found 13,765 reviews matching the searchSee all 246,572 reviews
associatecashierstorecustomershelfdiscountcustomshift

I've been here for a while and it's a good place to work and the coworker are great. The pay could be better considering the cost of living is so high now.

Productive and enjoyable workplace with warm people within it.

I like working at walmart because the managers make sure that you are not stressed with regards to your time and work availability. But it would be great if the deserving associates or employees would be promoted unexpectedly so it would be much fair to them.

Insights into Walmart

Based on 3,847 survey responses
What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

The Worst Place to work!

The experience was extremely negative due to several factors such as a toxic work environment, excessive workload with minimal pay, poor management, and favoritism among managers and employees. The work-life balance was non-existent, and there was a significant lack of support and resources for employees. It is important for companies to prioritize their employees' well-being and establish a fair and balanced work environment to ensure employee satisfaction and retention.At Walmart, there was a significant amount of negative competition among employees, which resulted in an unhealthy and toxic work environment. This created an atmosphere of distrust and negativity, where employees were more concerned with outdoing each other rather than working together to achieve common goals. This type of environment can be incredibly stressful and demotivating, leading to decreased job satisfaction and potentially impacting employee mental health.In addition, the excessive workload required of employees, coupled with minimal pay, created a difficult and challenging work environment. Employees were expected to work long hours, and were not compensated appropriately for their efforts. This created financial strain for many employees and made it difficult to achieve a work-life balance.The poor management at Walmart also contributed to the negative work environment. Many managers were unresponsive to employee concerns and did not provide the support or resources necessary for employees to succeed. This lack of support and guidance made it difficult for employees to perform their jobs effectively -

Pros

Opportunity for career advancement

Cons

High stress and pressure to meet daily/monthly goals for "Walmart Rewards Mastercard"'s applications

Do not work here, ever!

All levels of management are compromised. No advancement is based on merit. It doesn't matter how hard you work, you will never be acknowledged or promoted regardless of your performance. If you get injured on the job because you are walking from 24000 to 32000 steps per day, no one cares and that is no excuse to miss your shift or file a worker's compensation claim. My recommendation, work somewhere else where they respect the individual and their contributions to the company and that promote individuals based on merit.

Pros

Free Pizza on a monthly basis.

Cons

Evening shifts and weekends.

Nunavut

It was cool and Nunavut was an interesting site to behold. I felt like it I was back in time. If you love outdoors and snow, visit here. It’s pretty coool

Correct

Travail normal si tes collèges sont Nice, il y’a des gerants chill, d’autres trop strictes. Paye pas assez, mais sinon c’est pas trop stressant. Tu peux bien avancer ds la compagnie si tu veux

Bad Management

Worked at the Walmart Superstore a while back while I was a student. Gave management my schedule and yet they've scheduled me in for shifts that coincided with class times and then asked me to deal with it myself (find another person to cover my shift) even though it was their mistake. They also went way over the number of hours I told them I was willing to work, and once again told me I'd have to find someone else to cover my shifts.

Lots of good people to work with

Most of the team and the management were great to work with. Lots of room for growth and extra training. Pretty good for new workers looking to gain some experience or working part time through school.

Poor treatment regardless of ethic

After working just under a year in multiple positions, Walmart has demonstrated a lack of care or concern for any workers below the status of management.-I worked 40+ hour weeks and was denied the benefits of a full time employee (which is most advertised benefits including dental)-Denied a moment off floor to collect myself after losing a family member.-Held back at work for hours longer than scheduled due to “favourite” employees being let off shift early.-Scolded and punished for requesting time off for a funeral.-Shift premiums were replaced by a monthly pizza party that wouldn’t accommodate to dietary requirements of staff.-Constantly made false promises about raises and promotions to staff.-Seniority > Work ethic.-touched and harassed constantly by an older coworker and when I made a complaint they brushed it off as “it’s not ill intended”-refuse to send tax documentation after leaving.0/10 experience. If that’s the environment you seek go for it I guess.

Worst place

They over work you and under pay you. You will get harassed and management doesn’t do anything would not recommend. They will have you doing one job then want you do another job before you finished the first job

Work was fun

Work was fun and it was nice meeting new people. Atmosphere mainly depended on who your manager was. after your probation was up your schedule becomes really flexible

Lively and busy workplace

Nice people. Very busy and you do feel overworked and underpaid. But it's atill a decent job to build a foundation and add some valuable skills to your skillset which can help set you up for your next opportunity.

A good company to work for

I worked in a few fresh departments while in college. I had very supportive managers that let me take off time that I requested and I covered shifts for others often. I had an internship for school and was able to take a leave of absence to go! If you work holidays where the store is closed you get paid 1.5x. There is food at Christmas and other holidays. There is room to grow if you're motivated. They have Open Door policies where you can bring issues to any management without fear of reprisal, great HR. I enjoyed my time there.

Pros

discount on wonderland tickets, profit-sharing, flexible hours if you're in school/working a 2nd job, employee discount card 10% off, public and private wifi

Cons

high turnover

Coworkers are great

I like my coworkers, they make work fun and worth going to.Customers can be difficult to handle sometimes.Management is supportive and overall, it's a good experience working there.

Worst job ever

They expect you to figure out how to do the job with very little training and then get mad if you don't know what to do. Also, verbally abusive management, with no regard for employees

Salut mon ami

Salut mon ami je voulais juste savoir comment vous allez. On va se faire un souper avec nous pour la soirée et on va faire une petite sieste. Pas trop tard de naissance de naissance de la femme et le chow de naissance de l'enfant qui a écrit le chow de son fils a écrit à son

Decent place to work but challenging at times

Overall decent work environment, never had to deal with any toxicity when it came to working alongside managers and co-workers, although the job in itself can be quite challenging at times, alot of times you can end up feeling overworked/underpaid but again can't complain too much as it is a minimum wage job. Overall still a decent job to build a foundation and add some valuable skills to your skillset which can help set you up for your next opportunity.

Beginner friendly and fun workplace

It was great job for beginners wage. lots of opportunity to grow. coworkers are always friendly and responsive. always have free parking and meet lots of people.

good

god place, nice people, management, easy work. less competitive interview. easy to crack. good benefit and discount. employees friendy, nice working hourse

Disappointing Customer Experience Salesfloor Associate Position at Walmart

My experience as a Customer Experience Salesfloor Associate at Walmart was highly disappointing. The position fell short of my expectations in numerous aspects, leaving me dissatisfied with my time at the company.First and foremost, the training provided was inadequate. I received minimal guidance and support to effectively handle customer interactions and resolve issues. This lack of preparation made it challenging to meet customer expectations and deliver a satisfactory experience.Additionally, the company's communication channels were ineffective. Important information regarding changes in store policies or procedures was often relayed poorly or not communicated at all, leading to confusion and inconsistency in service delivery.Overall, my tenure as a Customer Experience Salesfloor Associate at Walmart left me feeling dissatisfied due to inadequate training, overwhelming workload, and ineffective communication. These shortcomings significantly impacted my ability to provide a positive customer experience and left me disillusioned with the position.

Not a place to develop your skills

I think that I am one of the few lucky ones because I am allowed to do my work pretty much on my own, also my boss is great (even though I rarely see him), but is not the same for the rest of the workers, the managers always are micromanagement them, bad treatment, and also is always under staff, which increased the workload and of course not even a thank you for the extra mile, is part of the culture at Walmart.

Pros

They hired people no matter their age, disability, etc.

Cons

There is too many people that forget they are in a workplace enviroment, zero respect for others coworkers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement