Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 8,839 reviews matching the search See all 166,802 reviews
Enjoy the working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  3757 Keele St, North York, ON M3J 1N422 February 2019
I enjoy meeting new people and I also like the fast paced environment, the busier the better. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers but just knowing how to deal with them is kinda easy.
Intimidation de plusieurs anciens employés envers les nouveaux
Associé (Former Employee) –  Saint-Hyacinthe, QC22 February 2019
J'adorais travailler chez Wallmart mais la superviseure était exigeante et un autre me lançait des boîtes lorsque je déchargeais les vannes à la réception.

J'avais appliqué pour le service à la clientèle et non pour décharger des vannes.

J'ai toujours travaillé avec le public et je voulais travailler plus longtemps à cet endroit mais l'atmosphère en arrière du magasin était trop lourde pour un employé comme moi.
Pros
Les employés d'en avant qui étaient au service à la clientèle
Cons
À force de recevoir des boîtes par la tête, j'avais des bleus partout sur le corps
Overall Mangaement do not know how to handle their workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 February 2019
I work in the Deli, my duties are:
-slicing and wrapping meat
-preparing and cooking chicken
-ensuring a clean environment for our customers
-ensuring a good and positive customer service

Hardest part of my job is being able to stay patient and empathetic to my customers during their worst days.

Most enjoyable part of my job are interacting with customers and my coworkers and developing friendships.

In my opinion, the overall management do not know how to hand us workers, nor do they know how to properly communicate or treat us. Our voices/opinions are not heard nor do they even matter. Wages are unfair with the amount of work you do.
Pros
friendships
Cons
managements, cut hours
Friendly environment
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC22 February 2019
it was really a nice place to work

PROS
flexible timings
understanding co-workers
good perks

CONS
less money
work politics
no position to grow if you start fresh
Steady Workplace For Reliable Workers
SALESFLOOR ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB21 February 2019
My day at work starts by coming in and working with my team guided by a department manager. I usually am in charge of overseeing the Electronics department by helping customers one on one and holding the keys to lockup. I also keep track of stock, changing prices, and helping customers in the photo lab.
Pros
There are many health and share benifits that comes with employment.
Cons
The workplace advancement is stagnet without relocating and educational advancement.
Amazing work place, kind management
Photo department clerk/cashier (Former Employee) –  Atholville, NB21 February 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed every shift I had. Without a doubt, this has been my absolute favorite place of employment to date. My co-workers were kind, management was quick and reliable, and the pay was a living wage.
bonne entreprise
Gérant de soutien production (Current Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC21 February 2019
Une bonne entreprise et je la recommande à toute personne qui aimerait faire leur carrière à walmart.
blast
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS21 February 2019
working the cash registers and stocking the shelves close to the registers. helping customers with their purchases and giving incentives while the supervisors helped or gave some direction
Good but not perfect
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2019
Overall my experience was good but work and pay was not balancing at all. They were cutting huge amount of taxes and not giving benefits accordingly. Culture and environment of work was good.
Great Place To Work
Customer Experience Salesfloor Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE20 February 2019
A typical day at Walmart leaves you feeling satisfied with your day. So many things to accomplish in the run of a day, you'll never feel like you didn't get enough done. Because at Walmart there's always jobs to get done. Management will even give you a shinning star if you complete a job well done!
Mentalité de l'entreprise changé
Gérante adjointe de magasin (Former Employee) –  Matane, QC20 February 2019
Ça été mon employeur durant près de 20 ans. Une merveilleuse école. J'ai énormément appris. J'ai adoré y travailler. Malheureusement l'entreprise avec les années a laissé tombé les 3 principes de base de Sam Walton qui était:

Respcet de l'individu
Service à la clientèle
Recherche de l'excellence

Grosse erreur selon moi! Très triste.
Pros
beaucoup ouverture pour apprendre
Cons
conciliation travail/famille inecxistant
Travail agréable
Commis au département de la photo (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC20 February 2019
J aï aimer travaille chez Walmart à Vaudreuil endroit très agréable et humain j aime cette endroit serait prête à retourner
Pros
Endroit calme
Cons
Plan de assurance devrais être pour tout le monde
total calamity especially during rush and peak hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON20 February 2019
kept busy but when you needed assistance for a customer, like grocery carry out, there wasn't always an answer to the call. 2 different answers from front end CSM's on a customer related issue which caused problems later.
Pros
good hours during peak season in summer
Cons
no hours during winter
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON20 February 2019
nice and enjoyable to work with walmart , better plans for health and safety of employee. working with walmart was a great experience. it offers open door policy that helps in better communication.
Poor place to work
Store standards (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB19 February 2019
Managers care little to nothing about the employees only about making their quotas, have little to no problem refusing employees their breaks and yes this is true had one manager who constantly tried to refuse me my breaks, and when told I was going for my breaks told me "I dont care get back to work", managers have no problem disciplining employees for things that they themselves do constantly, employees are under constant threat of losing their jobs over even the smallest of things or having their hours cut to the point of being unable to support themselves or their families, provided they got any hours to begin with, have had my hours cut down from 23-27 a week to 12-13 multiple times during my employment with walmart
Cons
Long hours at time, poor pay, little to no benefits, constant threat of losing job or hours
Good Work Place
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 February 2019
A good workplace where you can excel in career and fun. Should give more chances to students and education qualification should be taken into consideration more by the management. Overall its a great workplace and good place learn more about teamwork and improve communication skills.
Pros
Good benefits and Salary
Cons
Can Be better in management
fun place to work at
QA/Receiving (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2019
very understanding management team and a multicultural environment. The trainers were awesome . they make sure every newly hired employee gets the right amount of training needed to succeed in their new role.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
shortages of hours in winter.
all of my times working this company I like it.
Temporary Contract (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB19 February 2019
I like to worked this Company. especially in my shift schedule with. Kinda Challenged to me for a new Rf guns and printer. Filling products to sales floor I loved it, because I don't realize that my shifts almost done.
Pros
break times of two- 15mins and one 1hr
Its as bad as the world views it.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB18 February 2019
Walmart is as bad as the world sees it. only paying employees minimum wage and expecting world class workers. There is clear favoritism with the management and if you aren't a favorite in in for a rough life. No real chance of promoting within no matter how much they say its possible.
Decent place
In-Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 February 2019
Good management, decent co workers and an overall good environment. Employee discount could be better but the reward programs are great! Pleasing the customer is probably the most difficult part.
Pros
Good reward programs
Cons
Should be unionized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

545K