Wallace & Carey

Wallace & Carey Employee Reviews

Canada100 reviews
Featured review
Wallace & Carey selected this as a representative review
A different kind of company
I have worked for a number of warehouses in this city and this one is different. Pay is a little lower than the big names, but benefits are incredible and not being treated like a number is worth it.

If you work hard, they give you raises. And trust me, there can be some heavy days. usually in the summer. If you need time off for personal reasons, they are understanding. BBQs and pizza lunches for working stats, plus OT pay!

Some people complain about having to work every holiday, but this makes for a great pay cheque! Its also nice to work in a place where you feel like part of a team. Working for a family company is better than being treated like a robot!
Pros
If you want to learn you will advance
Cons
Some managers are hands on with their team, some spend all day in the office
Misleading and misinformation
I was not prepared for how physically demanding the job was and how much overtime you are required to work. During the summer months you can work as much as 11 hour days because it is so busy. There is a lot of bending, twisting, and lifting heavy loads. There is a lot of misinformation from management with shifts and weekly supplied lunches were regularly forgotten. Be prepared for long hours and working all statutory holidays, except Christmas and New Years day
Awesome place to work!
Management is a great help when needed. Can be a little stressful at times, due to larger quantity orders. Fleet management takes very good care of the trucks as well, and keeps them in top shape!
Poor working conditions & unemployed.
Worked here for 15+ years and was unfairly let go around Christmas due to restructuring the company, unfair working conditions and NO life/work balance and they expect you to work even on weekends Bottom line is look else where if you want to have a life and not lose your job!
Pros
Cons
Unfair treatment of employees
They have a poor management
Working in wallace and carey wears you out. They wanted you to take overtime even if you are very tired, they wanted you to finish all the orders even if its means that you work there for 14 hours. They dont give you incentives for a job well done and they promise you for a raise but it will not happen, you have to keep on asking and usually they break their promises
Great Place to Work
I enjoy coming to work everyday. Great team atmosphere. I like how we all work together to get the work done daily. Management treats you like adults instead of being treated like a child i have had at other jobs. Managers are on the warehouse floor working with us and always has time for each employee.
Pros
Lunchroom with full cafeteria
Cons
Work every stat day (but get paid extra!)
Toxic environment
One Of the managers is a narcissist. Everyone back stabs other people . They claim to be a team environment, don’t let them fool you . If you work for them
Watch your back .
Do not work here
I was downsized from the company after being there over 25 years.
I was not treated fairly when it came to severance.

Company president couldn't be bothered to come out and let us go.

I was let go by people that were probably 30 years younger than me and with maybe two years of service with the company.

They put a group of us in a room together.

We were not allowed to take our personal belongings with us.

The people who let us go were inexperienced, with 25+ less experience than most of the people who were released.

I do not recommend this company if you want a long-term career.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wallace & Carey?
Horrible
No communication between anyone. Supervisors expect alot from employees. I really don't recommend this place. No respect for anyone who works there....
It is a mess
Losing their customer base, terrible customer service, credit department takes forever to resolve issues for customers. They are transitioning away from servicing retail outlets
What a mess
no proper management
unsafe working conditions

completely unorganized

improper loading of truck and product

truck not maintained regularly

very low wage paid for the work
Terrible place to work
Men and women were treated differently in the work place. Women are second class to men. Head office managers pretend to care and nothing changes. They talk about internal growth and only happens if you're a favorite. If you're not, you can kiss any opportunity to grow good-bye. You have to kiss a lot of butt to be noticed. Managers are lazy.
Fair
Needs a lot of mags emend help and over all great staff to work for and also have learned a lot sense I have been here in the short time that I have been here and great benefits, is room to grow with the company
Victimized
Crazy unappreciated, work your head off pis poor wages unless you run all night on overtime witch you allways have to do anyway cause the trucks were so full..freezing cold temps terrible system for breakdowns (just wait all night practically until your next shift starts haha).
fun place
It's an interesting place to work in. workers are collaborative and supportive when ever the need be.The work schedule is great .fleet inspection and maintenance ARE GOOD
Beware racist staff.
I applied herr and had a clean record and still do when i gave the person my PR card and Passport card was rude because i was afriacan American and wouldn't accept it than the manger flacked out and wouldn't return my calls. Very racist place if you are black & american.
poor
poor management. low salary. unprofessional staff. very bad workplace conditions, dirty and dusty staff dont get proper training therefore efficiency is very low
Cons
Productive place to work with good people as co workers.
It's a decent place to work. Very big on working as a team to achieve and maintain the productivity. Option for benefits after 7 months of work. In my opinion however, I think they should work on noticing the good and hard work the employees do. Most of what I would hear from our managers were we needed to move faster, or this was done wrong. Maybe putting more effort into noticing the good things the employees do and giving them validation would help build team morale.
Pros
Theres a cook that makes breakfats lunch and dinner
Cons
Managers arent very motivating or telling thebstaff when theyve done a good job.
Super stressful and very exhausting.
I was an order picker which is a very tiring job. Always on your feet dragging a jack with a pallet filling it with ordered items and shipping it off. We had computers on our wrists to scan items into our inventory but the always screwed me up and I was always the one getting blamed. They have a neat cafeteria but not neat enough to deal with how off putting my coworkers were.
No Summary
Company was very good to work for. Management was good to the employees. The company held annual parties and gave rings to employees depending on the years worked.
Not a good place.
Poor management. Too much workload. "Supervisors" are not at that level. Dangerous operators. Overtime always expected. Supervisors act like childish bullies.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wallace & Carey. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7