WALKER INDUSTRIES

WALKER INDUSTRIES Employee Reviews

Worked as front reception and ap/ar assistant on a 6 month contract for their busy summer season. It was super busy the entire time I was there. They hit the ground running in the spring and don’t slow down until the fall but everyone works together as a team and the work always gets done!!
Pros
Excellent management, friendly employees, always something to do, care about all employees well being
Cons
Sometimes product causes a smell in the air
Work with great ppl at walker. Don't see management personnel much maybe once or twice a month. The equipment is very dated and ran down hard to get anything repaired in a timely manner. Not enough maintenance staff and operators aren't allowed to do repairs so in turn their are days of just standing around trying to find things to do.
Pros
Great ppl to work with and pay
Cons
Run down equipment long days
Very caring and friendly management. Top management seems to be very involved with the day to day lives of their entire staff. I worked in the office and it was a very laid back culture. As long as you are being productive you are able to manage yourself. Great place to work!
Excellent family environment, work life balance and everyone is easy going. A nice place to learn about different parts of the service industry. A good place to retire from.
It is a well established company with great morals and take care of there employees. Great company to work for. This company is very safety oriented and has great visions.
They do not like strong people who give opinions on how things should work ... and if you do a better job than the employee who have been their for years they make up lies about you as they are afraid of losing there jobs . They would rather have people work for them that say nothing and do a terriable job .
Pros
No communication from management
Walker Environmental is a nice place to work. It is a nice and friendly place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that I worked with family orientated.
Love this job. Great money amazing management. Hours are a bit crazy but you get used to it. Some of the best bosses I ever worked for. No worries at this job.
Walk around the outside of the dump areas, picking up loose garbage. All gear except for garbage pickers and bags is not provided by the company. There is only water in the lunch room which a worker only enters before, at lunch and after work. Management is very rude and disrespectful. Only good thing is that you will be left alone most of the day while you collect the loose garbage.
Pros
Left alone
Cons
Hot/cold, long hours.
This place is a very bad place to work if you appreciate clean hands. As a gravel pit it is assured that you will have dust in every nook and cranny. This calls to concern some health issues as well. The work place is a not the place to create best friends but if you keep to yourself and do everything perfectly you are still probably going to have problems.
Pros
pays decent
Cons
unfriendly staff
friendly people family-oriented eco-friendly I was only an intern so the pay wasn't very good but the people were great. Very easy-going and appreciative.
A very supportive company, which included mentoring and full support to take courses or further instruction to increase job skills and knowledge. Very intensive health and safety program for all employees in the company. Well paid for work, which included bonuses and other benefits.
Pros
Pride in the company.
Cons
N/a
Loved everyome at walkers. All the kids are always polite and sweet. Party supervior was amazing and gave us jobs quickly. Never had an issue working here.
Pros
Lunch and snacks
Cons
No break
I was a co-op student at Walker Industries and although my stay was brief, they treated me as if I was one of the team from day 1. I was happy to work there during my co-op and would recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Great culture and excellent co-workers
Cons
Can be a bit smelly outside sometimes due to the environment but you get use to it I think.
The people were great to work with. The company culture is up to date/modern. The work atmosphere stress free. Always room for upgrading/training ei. Whimis and CPR.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Limited scenic views
a typical day at work consists of many things which is great because very few people enjoy doing the same thing everyday. this is a great company to work for to learn so many different types of work. in many different fields. I would recommend this compny to anyone as I love my job and am just looking for something that is a little closer to home and has more of a set schedule as I have a young family.
Pros
alot of overtime and many great opportunities to learn new things
Cons
hours can be all over the place which in turn makes it hard to spend alot of time with my family.
start at 7 amto pay attention to detailmanagement was extremely niceno coworkersmaking everything fitwas meeting new ppl
Pros
days were fast
Cons
the pay could have been better