Walker House Restaurant

Walker House Restaurant Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
It is a good environment however can get very stressful when it gets fast paced. Management has recently improved however there are often times miscommunications which lead to mistakes
Very busy restaurant! Probably the busiest in Saugeen Shores.
If you are year round, it’s great the amount of people you meet. New summer staff, great yearly staff, always fun!

The kitchen is labelled as a scary place. This is true. The head chef is a hot head. The kitchen staff try to take after him. Not recommended if you cry easily.
It is a great place to work if you are willing to put your head down and work hard. The team takes care of each other and you often have a chance to work with interesting products.
Was a fast paced work environment with a friendly staff. Managers are very friendly and food is good. Would recommend working there if you get the chance.
a typical day at work was usually a 4 hour shift if i was working morning from 11:30 to about 4:30-5:00 and my typical closing shift was from 5:00 to about 10:00 during winter hours and during summer hours night shift starts at around 5:00 and can range when i was done it was usually about 1am when i was completely shut down and ready to leave depending on how busy it was that night managment at the walker house was weird we had floor managment so all the serving and bar stuff and kitchen managment the guy who hired me seemed nice at first but was getting to be quite rude and verbally abusive towards me telling me i wasnt good at my job ad stuff like that so i wasnt happy with that but my boss that i worked for in the kitchen was great was very respectful and understanding of my schedule and gave me the time off when i needed it most of my co workers were very good to me i had a few problems with some of the staff but all in all they were very freindly and inviting my hardest part of my job at the walker house was having co workers making me do their work while they sit outside and smoke or they would call in sick and i would have to go in to take their shifts on my days off and it was hard working 2 weeks on a week off and the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work as a team with the kitchen staff and make sure that everyday we were working together to make the walker house even better day by day
Pros
free lunches, tip outs
Cons
long hours, staff hard to work with at times