Walden Circle Retirement Community Employee Reviews

If you value your sanity this is not the place for you... trust me!
Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2020
The way the managers treat the employees is disgusting. They are unprofessional and don’t know what they are doing.
Always understaffed and on top of that underpaid.
Managers don’t care about the employees well being and barely care about the residents well being.
Both the employees and residents aremiserable which just makes a very toxic environment. One you definitely don’t want to bee in.
Good Place to Volunteer at
Helper (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 October 2019
I loved volunteering at the Walden circle retirement centre, because it gave me an opportunity to hang out with such nice people and get to know them, talk to them. in a way, this gave me experience for my future job as a social worker also.
Company Sucks!
Former Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 September 2019
Bad management with no vision
Poor quality meals which is not gourmet
No communication between departments
Low pay rate for staff and company expect good service
Short staff and always using agency who gets a better pay rate than staff which is not fair
Benefits are basic and are not the best
Residents are always complaining about the food quality and poor management skills
love working with the elderly.
Dietary Server/Maitre'D (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 September 2018
I love working with elderly people. Everyday is a new day serving them, thinking that they are my grandparents. Typical days of work is serving meals for the residents, making them feel that the place is their home. doing jobs that related to the work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short of people
(Volunteer) Tending to residents; Tech assistance and Chess Opponent
(Volunteer) Tech Assistant and Chess Opponent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 May 2018
Walden is a nice environment with kind and outgoing employees.

The residents are also nice and interactive

My Job consisted of fixing or assisting the residents with their computer or mobile devices

Oftentimes, I also served as a chess opponent
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Volunteer
Good for a dish-washing gig, but could be better
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 August 2017
As far as the hours went for the Monday-Friday dishwasher they were solid. 8 hour shifts five days a week and the hours were more set than a regular dish-washing position at a restaurant. Only had to work weekends if requested and was able, as well benefits for the position.

Can only speak for the kitchen but there were many issues that over the year were constantly addressed but never solved. Most importantly for the week day dish was the finishing time which was supposed to be 8 p.m. Over the year it became manageable to get close to the time but not on a daily basis. There were many variables that could pop up such as events that would not be discussed before hand which would give a lot of extra work.

They wouldn't normally pay past shift time even when extra work would cause leaving on time a very improbable task. Finally quit after a year of trying very hard to make it work with them and seeming it was a very lost cause.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not paid for all time required to finish tasks
good place to get started in my career.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 April 2017
the team works together to provide the best service to the residents. The residents are all friendly to the staff and they always participate to the activities.