Wajax

Canada343 reviews

Clear
4.0Pay & benefits

branchshopsafetytrainingmanagerpoorsupporttreated

Great place to work with lots of opportunity to make your mark

Wajax is a great place to work. While it is a large national company, the individual branches are run by local leaders and this gives the branches a smaller "mom and pop" feel to go along with the large corporate feel. Wajax runs a very lean organization, which typically means people are quite busy, but it also means that you get a fair amount of runway to tackle the day to day problems you face. This makes Wajax a ideal place to work for people who strive to get results and people looking to make a "mark". This also means each branch has a slightly different culture and feel (which I view as a positive). The lean organization means that there is no "person in the background" doing a lot of the work. If you want to get something accomplished its up to you to get it done. This might be frustrating for someone who comes from a very large and rigid company. Wajax has moved many corporate services back East and this means you often struggle with time changes and different business culture on solving issues. Personally I'm a fan of keeping corporate services regionalized where the variance is customers is more clearly understood. In my years at Wajax they general have shown great care for the employees and have been very fair with bonus payouts and compensation. While its struggled with the most recent inflationary pressures, prior to that it was quite good (and will likely follow suit and catch up to inflation in the future).

Pros

Lots of Freedom to approach business in your own way, Ability to see tangible results in your work, a good company that cares for it's people

Cons

Resources are tight, Centralized and disconnected corporate services

Consistent work

The work is consistent and reliable. If you work for Wajax for any length of time you don’t have to worry about job security, because they’re loyal to their employees. Unless you choose to go, you’ll have a job.

Insights into Wajax

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Learning experience

Working at Wajax was a good learning experience. My coworkers had no problem helping me out when I had questions. Healthcare benefits and compensation were excellent.

No complaints

Solid company. Training was in-depth. My coworkers are nice people. Fun culture. They only use top-tier equipment. No complaints about my salary. That’s all I can think of.

joyful

great commission structure, professional environment, fabulous benefits and perks, good quality products, excellent work/life balance, joyful environment to be in

Hands-on

This job is very hands-on, so you’re going to learn quickly whether or not that’s your goal. My schedule is fairly flexible.Benefits are superior to what I’ve seen elsewhere.

Fast paced and dynamic workplace .

Good place to work , lots of opportunity to work with different OEMs and aftermarket vendors , but it takes time to learn the new ERP . The work place keeps you busy all-around the day . This is the part what I like most .

Pros

Good boss, coworkers and culture .

Cons

Salary not competitive

HDM Review

Safety was the #1 priority of everyone in managementThey never cut cornersTime outside of work was respectedSalary was competitive and benefits were affordable

Well balanced work place

Always something to be done but never a crazy rush and lots to learn many different things to do so not too repetitive

Pros

Decent hours

Amazing programs

You can’t beat the benefits and programs they have in place both for our professional development and our mental wellbeing. Also it’s wonderful to see all the diversity!

Very stressful and poor work culture

Since I've started they just keep piling the work on. There's no help and everyone is overworked. The management is very out of touch and distant, they are not there for us. They were less than honest about my position and wage to get me in the door, I left and will never look back.

Pros

Good benefits plan. Paid vacation. Fairly regular hours.

Cons

Constantly want you to work overtime. Low morale. No help.

Review

Competitive compensation, teammates have good work ethic, the environment is friendly, and you can learn a lot even if you’re coming in with a few years’ worth of experience.

Fun work place

It really depends on who's your supervisor. But overall everyone is nice. Flexible hours to an extent and fun activities throughout the year. Over all very friendly environment.

Fast pace place to work, good employees to work with.

Wajax is a good place to work, fast pace, hard work, and pays well. Company overall is good to work for, there is a few bad apples(including management), but pay and work life balance is good.

A great place to work

A great place to work. Dynamic leadership and a market leader with strong involvement in the communities where we do business. A strong ethical culture. Financially strong and fundamentally value driven. Competitive pay with good benefits. Overall, a great place to work and learn.

Very supportive and friendly

Very supportive work environmentGood compensation Significant amount of job security Plenty of technical support and tools available Incredibly safety oriented

Good company

Great employeesTop of the line trainingManagement team are respectful, kind, and knowledgeable Everyone worked well together to achieve company goalsPay and benefits were adequate

Fast paced work environment

This is a fast paced work environment. You deal with customers on a daily basis along with the technicians. The benefits are really good, you don't have a waiting period. It is a lot to learn.

I like it so far

Very organized and well-run company.Everyone on staff works hard and knows their stuff.Competitive salary and benefits package.Flexible work hours.Opportunity to learn more about the industry.

Good overall

Overall, I liked working there. Good people, good benefits, but kinda slow sometimes. When sales were down the amount of hours we worked went down as well. But management always treated employees with respect and considered their best interests.

Quality people

Management is strong and knows how to get things donePay is competitiveThey offer benefits to the full-time employees The team I work with is full of quality people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wajax. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement