Wajax

Parts Technician11 reviews
Canada11 reviews

branchshopsafetytrainingmanagerpoorsupporttreated

Staff is great . Manager not so much

I was told I was doing a good job but was let go for issues not related to me me doing the job I was hired to do. I was not given enough time to change the issue

Pros

Benefits right away

Cons

Systems they are using is really confusing and tome consuming

Enjoyable work

I enjoyed working in Parts. The other techs were a great group of people… all really friendly and smart and talented. They helped me out whenever I got stuck and vice versa.

Insights into Wajax

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Excellent company

Imagine a company that’s cohesive, ethical, and values their employees. That’s what Wajax was. I loved working here and it’s honestly a shame that I had to part ways with them.

I like it so far

Very organized and well-run company.Everyone on staff works hard and knows their stuff.Competitive salary and benefits package.Flexible work hours.Opportunity to learn more about the industry.

Fair treatment

Wajax doesn’t abuse its Techs. Managers don’t treat us like we’re replaceable or like we’re machines and not human beings. We’re expected to get the work done on time, but if there are factors outside of our control, they don’t hold it against us. I appreciate the fair treatment and I know the other guys who work here do too.

My perspective

Fun and engaging environment.Friendly teammates who are easy to work with.Positive atmosphere.Pays well for this type of work.You start receiving benefits right off the bat.

Fun place, pay for my trade was on the low side of fair for my trade, about 20% lower than industry standard

Great place but a little frustrating, so set in their ways middle managers would not listen to ideas for improvement allowing those ideas to flow upward. Mostly a fun place to work with good staff.

Pros

Fun environment and co workers

Cons

so so pay

Terrible Atmosphere, Management is Terrible

Everyone is unhappy and hates coming to work. Branch Manager is a micro manager and has no people skills. Moral is so low and company/management make it worse. Management will just run you around and never provide a clear message. Smoke and Mirrors. Potential to be a great company but would have to get rid of all upper management.

no fun

working here was awful. manager treated it like a place to hang out and flirt with their staff. maybe things have changed, who knows. was interesting.

no comment

I have no comment about this company. I have nothing bad to say about them - I just have no comment. The management system needs a complete overhaul.

Great learning atmosphere

At Wajax Power Systems, it was a great learning place for an apprentice with some knowledge in the 18-Wheeler world. So many new parts compared to the automotive world I know.

Pros

Great team.

Cons

Not enough work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wajax. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement