Wajax
Coronavirus update
Information from Wajax:

Wajax Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Toronto, ON14 reviews
To many many management change over. Not hiring the right people for the right job.
Good environment with tech and advisors. Great benifits and home life balance.
A typical day at work would consist of working in a help desk call centre environment and working in a ticketing system. I learned how to take on printer issues, network issues as well as excel projects.
Pros
Friendly Employees
Cons
N/a
Specific to the Toronto branch, the managers have terrible leadership skills & are only concerned with their year end bonuses.
No sense on how to grow the business and get tasks accomplished or drive a focus. Women are constantly put down and ignored. On-boarding initiatives are very poorly conducted. Managers are very disrespectful and ignorant of how to deal with customers & have no industry background.
Pros
The company offers a good benefit plan and other perks.
Anyone in a higher position just don't care about the little guys even though they are the ones that care the most......manager very toxic makes it very unpleasant to be around let alone concenate on the daily work over all good company with people who dont care managing it.....
Pros
Hours and pay
Cons
Terible managers....
I worked for Wajax Power Systems for near to five years.
Great people there for the most part, but no chance of getting

promoted from within. Wajax prefers to bring in idiot toe heads from other industries rather than acknowledge their own employees who are willing, capable and experienced.

If you don't mind continually living with the status quo, Wajax is great. Should you want a salary increase or promotion some day, lets just say that with Wajax, All bets are off.
Pros
Great team on the floor
Cons
Management, Hr
Employees have no confidence in Management Team, poor and poorly timed communication often leaves employees confused

With a very high turn over in key areas and departments, and Management not dealing with employee concerns, people are becoming frustrated
This company needs a shakeup. I have worked here for several years and have seen the ineptitude by management take a stronghold onto the culture of this massive organization. Most of the employees are good people and a pleasure to work with. Quite a few good staff have left, leaving holes in the ability to do business effectively. Without change, this ship is doomed.
benefits
Cons
managers and culture
Wajax is a toxic environment to work in. Staff is overworked and underappreciated. Constant pressure from middle managers makes it difficult to take after a while. You are expected to go above and beyond your normal job. However, great place to make money if you have what it takes and to remove yourself from the BS. Excellent products and top of the line manufacturers are represented by Wajax. Company is growing again and will be hiring.
Pros
Money and benefits
Cons
Middle mgmt
fun place to work co workers are very helpful. busy maintenance facility. Management is very strict with service. training available with most engine manufactures
Pros
training
Cons
managment
I enjoyed working here as everyday I learned new skills and had solid support. With a structured job description, it gave me the opportunity to continuously learn and achieve job satisfaction.
get it in get it out is the way they fly around there. the hardest part of the job is a large fella getting into the backside of the bus to repair it
Pros
benefits are awesome
Cons
management is something to be desired
Been at this company since it was Harper Power Priducts, then WAJAX Power Systems took over, through the years, met some great people.
Within the last couple of years, we have lotst 8 managers, some left due to management, the most recent one got let go.

There has been major transitions, and have also lost some great employees, again due to management, some have been let go as well.

WAJAX Equipment has taken over, and it seems they only want their own people, they DO NOT communicate very well with employees, only within their own group, if you speak up or give feedback, you get fired.

We now have another new manager, and his only way of communicating is by swearing and bullying, management and human resources is aware of it, and NOTHING is done, as they are all friends, and no support.

The majority of technicians and administration staff are all looking for employment elsewhere, not to mention we haven't gotten a raise in 2 years, they say due to the economy the pay grade is VERY LOW, compared to the market, yet they have all these WAJAX Equpment mangers, if you plan on working here, be prepared to be a "YES MAN", even though you know more about the procees and procedure, more than the new manager, most of us only work our 8 hours, and NO overtime, as it's only to make management look good with their numbers, everybody is afraid they're going be fired at anytime. A VERY TOXIC PLACE TO WORK RIGHT NOW!!!
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Terrible management, lack of communication, on our eighth manager, WAJAX Equpment cliques, do not listen to employees feedback, you get fired if you speak up
Great, solid company to work for in my experience; One of the best managers I've worked for in regards to creating a strong team working environment, strong coaching and support skills; I did not have any negative experiences working for Wajax.
very pleasant and friendly atmosphere, great colleagues.
Pros
life balance
Cons
low salary