Wajax
Coronavirus update
Information from Wajax:

Wajax Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Edmonton, AB33 reviews
You are required to work on your own dime for pm quotes which added up to over 10 hours a week. My use of my accumulated vacation hours was often denied.
Local management is a joke and constantly stabbing each other in the back making it difficult to get anything done. Lack of tooling and appreciation for bottom line employees, treated as numbers and disposable labour. Foreman is under qualified often leaving the shop to run itself. Employees have no voice and are always at fault especially when foreman or upper management are the root cause of all the issues.
I enjoy working for my manager. The management team has really come along way with how they’re working.
It’s a good place to work. Great support .............
I have been away from Wajax for some time now and my opinion of it hasn't changed. As a company it isn't to bad. It has good benefits, resonable pay and holidays; however, the branch I worked at had a very stressful work atmosphere. Micro managment was an understatement. Most of the time I had 3 bosses with different opinions telling me what to do and how to do it. High stress.
Had a lot of potential to be a great place to work. The people are very nice and friendly, everyone is always willing to assist in any way they can. Benefits are average. Work environment is out dated but functions well. It's unfortunate that management is so poor. Employees are looked at as numbers and even when there are very obvious issues nothing is done to correct them. Management is more concerned about their bonuses then they are about the well being of their employees or customers. Customers are not treated with respect and cheated regularly just to get the numbers management desire. The turn over rate is very high due to the amount of unqualified personnel in higher up positions. Employees are miserable and scolded for anything they do. They would benefit very much if they got rid of several managers and hired more qualified personnel that know how to treat people and run a business. The constant back stabbing and unprofessionalism among mangers and personnel in higher up positions is why I would not recommend this company.
Good place to work, non-toxic environment. People were friendly and a pleasure to see every day. Despite coming in with little experience, the boss made herself available to help me whenever I had a question.
They form their opinions about employees and their quality of work without research or facts.

This is simply to make use of the required characters.
Too many people with limited understanding of how the perception of the company affects the quality of people coming in the door. Some fantastic people and some great things about the company as well.
I enjoyed working with the staff, it was a mostly male environment. even women that worked there were all nice and helpful. There were different avenues of work that could be perused there.
Pros
close to home
Cons
inventory
I always dreamed of working here, I was finally able to and I apprenticed here. Once it was known for the best training around, now its a terrible place for training. Its owned publicly and all that matters is share holders. It was a union shop when I was there but it didn't protect you from the wrath of horrendous management.
Pros
large engine opportunities
Cons
horrific management, not utilizing highly skilled journeyman to properly train
Everyone is unhappy and hates coming to work. Branch Manager is a micro manager and has no people skills. Moral is so low and company/management make it worse. Management will just run you around and never provide a clear message. Smoke and Mirrors. Potential to be a great company but would have to get rid of all upper management.
Busy environment with a large customer base from single to multiple units. Canada wide organization with opportunities to locate within the group if vacancies exist.
Wajax is a great company to work for. Full of great people and the work culture is very easy. Open door policy which you're not afraid to take advantage of when needed.
this is a fantastic company to work for they train you to be able to do the best job possible you are not mico managed and are left to do your work the company is flexible to employers requests
Pros
good benifets and salary
Cons
can not think of any
good management that interacts with employees on a regular basis, health and safety conscious, provides in-house training.
regular feed back sessions on worker issue.
Pros
train and enable further self improvement through training
Cons
over time requirements
It's an alright place to work though the hours can be long, communication is really bad at times. People are friendly and very welcoming. Once you get the hang of things can be good.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
long hours, no communication
It is hard to say as I was only employed for 2-3 months. There were a few things that I didn ' t care for much. It seemed to me to be somewhat of a confusing environment both with the people and the warehouse organization. Support when required seemed to hard to get. Didn't real feel that I would be able to advance and then due to a bout with Cancer the warehouse manager took no time at all in relieving me of my position. Although there were some enjoyable days overall it was hard to get excited about.
Pros
Having my own work space and a exceptional supply of great Coffee and tea
Cons
Atmosphere
Not a great place to work. The morale is in the toilet. In the transition to become One Wajax they got rid of most of the only decent management they had. This company expects everything 110% from you and gives you nothing in return.
A fast paced, multi product line distributor that prided itself in acquiring and maintaining exclusive distribution rights for the Sales and Support of industry leading Mining Equipment
Began my apprenticeship there, with average wages and awesome benefits. Working in the warehouse is a good family/ Monday to Friday job.
benefits
Cons
wages
Awesome place to work, great pay and benefits. The shift was great, and the crew was great to work with. Working on the Detroit product is a good plus too.
Pros
Benefits/ pension