Wajax
Coronavirus update
Information from Wajax:

Wajax Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB17 reviews
Very slow on promotion and project implementation, but people very good and friendly.
The hardest part of the job to initiate communication with management.

All time busy for different things to do.
Worked for company for 31 years, what I found was everyone seemed to want to do what you were doing! I got along great with my supervisors gave me a job and I did it! Found there are a lot of wantabes working there, both in service and sales, seemed if you couldn’t make it in service you went into sales! Found that some of the upper management had no idea what was going on and really didn’t care!
Pros
Good training if you showed interest
Cons
Good pay
I worked at Wajax for 17 years, alway did everything that management wanted and then some. I was a supposed core piece to the business and thought I would retire from Wajax.
Until management decided I was no longer useful and they terminated my position with no reason. very bad manager!!!
Would not recommend Wajax for any sales positions. The salary and commissions were very good when the economy was thriving. Serious lack of communication between departments and very competitive among fellow employees.
OK company to work for. Very slow, make decent money, good benefits. Company doesn't care much about the employees. They take and take, and never give back.
Very busy in both Engineering and Shop environments. Was in charge of Engineering design of Oilfield Skid -Type Standby Electric Power Generators.

As a mechanical engineering technologist, I was also able to learn a bit more about electrical engineering with good understanding of most Codes and Standards.

The management was ever ready to help in all diverse ways if a worker is in any form of need or trouble.
Pros
Getogether lunch hours.
Cons
When spare parts are late due to slow shipment.
Excellent benefits and training opportunities for all employees. Management gives support to new hires with employee buddy program and vendor product training.
Only downside is below average industry pay scale.
Pros
Training
Cons
Pay Scale
Friendly Environment. Admin hours are from 8 to 4:30 pm. Free ample parking. Some days can be very busy. Lots of free training. Room for advancement if in the right department.
Pros
Parking, Easy to get to
Cons
Laid off
great people in the mechanic shop, management is something lacking in humanity. Just mind your own business and dont get into any trouble and youll be fine.
Good people but poorly managed. Very disorganized and not well run. Parts inventory is poor right down to nuts and bolts. Shop tools are disorganized missing and broken.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wajax?
I have worked for Wajax and anyone reading these reviews should be aware that anything over three stars are more than likely written by management. No one that I worked with thought that highly of the company or management so be careful.
The wages are good, benefits are above average, pension is a bonus. There is opportunity to do a large variety of work. Very nice shop with lots of tooling. The company is way behind with technology though, old desk top diagnostic computers, paper work orders and a poor parts system.
Pros
Nice shop and tooling
Cons
Lack of training
Great shop great bosses who teach you the best way to repair a vehicle. they are honest in the repairs that are done never doing repairs before talking to customers. really good repair shop and place of work.
Pros
overtime
Cons
dealer ship only can learn so much
Engine overhaul
Transmission overhaul

Heavy Truck engines and transmission diagnosis and repair

Good, clean, safe work environment

Great pay, benefits and incentives

Too many egos and clicks but enjoyable on the whole
Changes at Wajax are frequent but management have troubles to make a successful changes.
Lack of skilled people and people leaving the company are frequent.
Pros
Good benefits and competitive salaries
Cons
No vision or mission, lack of skilled people and constant staff changes.
Wajax Power Systems was a wonderful place to work. Everyone worked as a team which fits right into how I like to work. There were many challenges in this job but none I couldn't learn or excel in overtime. It was always comfortable at work as everyone was easy going and no one was micro managed.
I started the position not knowing anything about how a diesel engine works and with time I got to learn alot about the parts and pieces that make the engine work! Most of my day was coordinating with suppliers on lead times for all of our inventory and parts. I looked after logistics and making sure everything went smooth from PO to delivery to the customer. I submitted PO's and work orders as well as change orders.

Along with the coordinating role I also had to provide invoicing to the customer, which had to be coded correctly as well as make sure all costing was correct, there was completing monthly and yearly reporting to my manager, calculating commissions, and completing expense reports.

So as you can see I did a vast amount of duties in my position. I love to learn new things!

Unfortunately Wajax was downsizing and moving manufacturing to Edmonton and my position was no longer needed.
Pros
Easy going environment
Worked for Wajax for 13 years started in shipping and worked my way up to Sales Manager for Southern Alberta, Wajax offered great advancement opportunities.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Corporate Management changes