Waiward Industrial LP Employee Reviews

Depressing place to work
welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2019
If you an experience tradesman, and likes to be told that everything you've learned is wrong, this is the place for you.
Add in the constant micro managing, favoritism, low moral, and someone looking over your shoulder every minute of the day, you'll begin to think that you committed a crime and this is prison.
Pros
Cons
being worried your wasting time by using the bathroom.
Great company
Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 December 2018
I worked for Waiward on two different sites and both jobs i enjoyed so much it was a shame we had to get laid off. best part of it is they pride themselves on there work and can work safely
All aspects of structural steel
Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Forthills24 October 2018
The oil fields in Northern Alberta have among the highest safety culture in the world, I feel working in this culture has prepared me well for sharing this culture in future endeavours
Pros
Good pay, good safety culture
Cons
Long hours out doors in cold winters
Good construction company
print, assist welders and cut metal (Former Employee) –  Oil sand , fort McMurray13 October 2018
A good company, very active in the oil sand. The safety of the employee's are a priority.
good place
Journeyman Welder (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB6 August 2018
was always busy, good people to work with, very understanding company. good people to learn from about becoming a welder. Forman's were really good, easy to get along with
Great job and great experience
Ironworker Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 August 2018
Enjoyed everyday working with employees, other contractors and operators. Great atmosphere to work in, company cares about its continuous education of its employees and there training. Trying to make the work place safe, rewarding and make a good wage.
Cons
Camp life
Was geat place to work
Journeyman Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 June 2018
Waiward if you like hard work waiward is a company that can provide that it's what I love to do its a great place to learn from noligeble people and a safe environment
Pros
Never got hurt
Cons
Hard on the body
Camp Job
Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 June 2018
This was camp employment in Canada at the "Sands" in Fort McMurray, AB Ca. The work wasn't laid out very well and there was a lot of standing around waiting for someone to make a decision as what to do and where. Met some really good guys up there!
Great place to work.
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 May 2018
Like any steel fabricator, Waiward is a dangerous place to work. There are physical risks; you can be crushed to death and/ or maimed if you're not careful. The day to day nature of the work, which consists of moving a lot of steel, also takes a physical toll on long term health.There are also environmental risks, such as welding fumes and silica, that are difficult, if not impossible to mitigate. Bottom line about the steel business industry? It's tough work. However, in spite of the aforementioned, Waiward was a great place to work. Most people recognized that, as a member of the Waiward organization, they are part of something great. Waiward builds Western Canada and beyond! Dovetail this sense of workplace pride to a decent wage and benefits package and you've got a workplace culture that breeds success. Great place to work.
Fun place to work.
Senior Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 April 2018
I liked working with Waiward the supervision and management was real good to work with.I worked as a laborer with them then as a safety adviser on a shut down .
Great company to work for.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 March 2018
Listed in Canada's top 50 companies to work for I strongly recommend this company to anyone given the opportunity. They have most excellent safety and management.
great place to work
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 February 2018
I enjoyed working for this company mostly because the job was close eneogh to home i could go home every night.Worked here for many years with many contractors as a journeyman and as a forman and general forman.
Huge steel fabrication facility.
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2018
Huge shop with over 150 people working there. Management expect a high production but there is constant issues with old and abused equipment. They pay decent wages but even a small slow down in a work schedule causes massive lay offs. Local 805 is a joke..
If you're looking for a stable employment - stay away from Waiward.
Production goals are hard to reach and you are being push to the limits. After every shift you will feel tired and unhappy.
However there is bunch a nice and friendly people working there.
Pros
Good wages, decent benefits, lots of overtime
Cons
Eveything else
Good experience
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2018
A place to get well-rounded experience in steel construction. Management had a difficult communication style and fostered values that began to deviate from my own.
Where Dreams Go to Die
Welder (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB14 December 2017
If you enjoy relentless mistreatment and berating than Waiward Steel is the place for you! It's a dark and grim place where, no matter how hard you work, you will never be treated like anything other than a pair of soiled panties ready to be disposed of at any minute. Be prepared for an onslaught of lies, empty promises and just general unappreciation for everything that you do. The pay is terrible, the benefits are terrible and the management is even worse. If you value even a sliver of your own mental health and happiness, stay as far away from this place as possible.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Poor management, discrimination, favoritism
It Was A Job
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB13 December 2017
In this tough economy , it's tough to find continous income. Luckily I managed to find myself within Waiward. The experice working there was quiet interesting, but the time to wage ratio didn't gel with what I had to do as my daily activities. Forcing myself to work 6 days a week to make ends meet is my issue but the work was strenuos. It was a job that filled my time, taught me more about fabrication and put food on my table.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Wage
waiward steel
Fitter Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 December 2017
was a great company to work for they gave me lots of opportunities to grow with in the company. They offered me lots of courses. Great colleagues and environment to work in.
Waiward Steel
Shop HSE Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 December 2017
Was a good company to work for and they gave me lots of opportunity to grow with in the company. Worked with pleasure here and there are great colleagues.
Great company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 November 2017
Working with Waiward Steel / PCL. Great two company to work for. Good management and work culture to work with. I enjoyed working with them... There Safety culture work well with everyone, working to get the job done in a safe manner and on time.
Pros
Just a great company to work for
Cons
Long hrs
It is a fast pace ,production shop.
Journeyman weldor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2017
Built alot oil and gas products through out the years . Seen structures around the province that i have contributed on. I do thank them for giving me the opportunity to say that" i worked on that."
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Sometimes long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waiward Industrial LP. Our community is ready to answer.