WABANO CENTRE FOR ABORIGINAL HEALTH

WABANO CENTRE FOR ABORIGINAL HEALTH Employee Reviews in Montréal, QC

Found 1 review matching the search
Wabano is a Centre of Excellence on Aboriginal Health and is highly acclaimed for its medical services. I first heard about this organization while I was in University and was pleased to find a job here shortly after graduation! I’ve been at Wabano for a little over two years now and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. I have been given a lot of responsibility and get to collaborate with other service providers in Ottawa to ensure members of our community have access to the care they need. I’ve learned a lot about aboriginal culture. There is lots of opportunity to participate in stories, ceremonies, and teachings. And finally, I’ve made many lifelong friends here, including my manager. I have grown professionally and personally at Wabano. I feel I have to address some of the negative reviews here on Indeed as they do not reflect my experience with Wabano at all. There was a time when a few employees tried to get a Union into Wabano. It was a very stressful time as we were divided and there were a lot of hurtful interactions between staff. This is not at all in line with our culture or Wabano as an organization. Wabano promotes healthy relationships, healing and a place of belonging. The Union was decertified a year later so no, we don’t have a Union here now and things have become much more balanced again. Wabano offers full time employees health and dental benefits and RRSP matching. More importantly, we get to do real work that makes a difference in the lives of many people every day. If you are nervous about working here, you can always volunteer - more...
Pros
Benefits, culture
Cons