Vuteq Canada Inc.

Vuteq Canada Inc. Employee Reviews

Working here is fast paced, technical and challenging. There is a great team atmosphere and everyone is willing to help out. Company has lots of activities and events for employees. Only downside is the wages are nowhere near the level they should be. Turnover is high as a result.
Pros
family environment, lots of events
Cons
low wages
IIf you have a University engineering degree, please do not work here. Management is uneducated, culture is toxic and prioritizes assigning blame to others and self preservation rather than the success of the group as a whole. There is no P.eng in the building to validate your EIT hours. Engineering group is lead by people without engineering degrees who will talk down to you because of their seniority, while simultaneously being unable to perform any complex analysis at anything above an extremely remedial level. Goodluck taking advantage of your education here because they have no actual need for engineering degrees. Jobs are better suited to college grads so why are they hiring overqualified people, to lowball them and waste their time? Also enjoy working with the people in maintenance, extremely arrogant and yet incompetent.
Pros
You will learn what to avoid in an employer
Cons
Poor compensation, uneducated management, toxic culture
The company is trash, they treat you like garbage the management don’t know anything of what they’re doing they walk around and laugh at you Tell you production is too slow and to work harder but in the meetings they tell you we’re above production and short handed great job but every time we working production is slow and not enough constantly make you work faster so they make you feel like you’re not doing your job right i’ve been written up just for walking out exit that was from a different department because my car was parked closer to that exit absolutely ridiculous I would never work here again
Pros
Cons
You will hate your life and feel like a robot
I worked there for 2 and a half months. During my time HR lied to me over the phone, and fired me with no explanation whatsoever, they just pulled the "you weren't meeting qualifications" card. I had an argument with a supervisor about my music because she intentionally insulted and harassed me verbally for no absolute reason. Next day I was canned with no questions asked. Overall, your forced to work overtime, management is unorganized, and more importantly they treat you like garbage and then fire you for it.
Pros
Pay was Decent.
Cons
Horrible Management
Bonuses and wages. All around Vuteq at the time of my employment was decent for financial compensation. With that being said, it is assembly line type of work. It is mind-numbingly boring, time goals are aggressive, and the jobs will tell you how many steps to take and in what direction. During each specified time goals. Different departments, different time goals bit same mindset. Expect reprimands for not following specifications to the point, exactly, every single time. Depending on the department, you will be expected to perform an exact list of instructions repeated every minute or so.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
everything else
I would recommend this place, its really good pay and they always make sure youre doing good and if you need help theyre always willing to help with no problem.
Pros
two bonuses a year
Cons
10 mins break
They mean well. I’m sure but the top rate of pay is 21.50 and there is no further advancement. The hours are steady which is awesome however, no benefits for one full year. The management never seems to know day to day what tasks are to be completed and are always sending people back and forth between plants. I enjoyed the job very much but with the rate of pay, you’ll never be able to afford the cost of living comfortably.
Pros
Pre covid we had donut day but not anymore
Cons
Low pay
Honestly, Vuteq has done me plenty of good over the years. But the bad out weighs the good. Very difficult to move up anywhere unless you kiss-a**, or are part of "the boys club". Ip line is extremely sexist. All male management. Glass is full of a bunch of entitled a-holes. Used to be a fun place to work, now I can't stand the place. HR doesn't do anything about bullying/harassment.
Pros
Free Donuts once a month. & President is a super nice guy.
Cons
People Suck
It's all a popularity contest. I worked in maintenance. It didn't matter how good of worker you were, or how much effort you put into your job. If you arent like everyone else, they will try to make you feel worthless. One phrase you hear quite often here is , "when in Rome... you do like the Roman's do.." fit in or get bullied.
This place are disgusting! The pay is petty, managers take sides and favour people who have been there the longest, even when they bully new recruits. Don’t work there, especially in plant 1 at large injection! When you take a problem to them, they will actually lie to make you look like trouble maker! Avoid this place at all costs! There’s a reason why they’re having such a hard time hiring and keeping people!
I personally think that they are very understanding and informative and helpful to an employee or individual. Their public relations skills are above expectations and the respect for people is above average. Very professional and pleasant.
Feels like you work with highschoolers. A lot of relationship on the line. They need to make sure people dont come to work to get into a relationship.
Depending on what your doing and what plant your in, it can be a great place to work especially if your on a forklift. Amazing group of people in plant 2. I was only in plant 1 a handful of times.
At the time, management was poor and there was a lost of favouritism is who got promoted. Very cliquey - glass was a nice, normal department to work in with understanding managers and proper breaks.
The work is fast paced. Management is terrible as they choose favourites and never good with their employees. They will pick on you and call you liars when you have proven you are innocent. When you are hurt, they will find a way to fire you once you are better. They have no respect and the work is not worth the low income there.
The work wasnt too hard and the co workers I had were great people and easy to get along with. However the team lead was a real piece of work. Literally nobody had anything good to say and that seemed to be the only reason others would dread having to work their shifts.
Pros
Co workers great to get along with
Cons
Team lead was horrible
Vuteq Canada is a great company to do your co-op placement for College/University. There is an established co-op program that ensures students are given real life experience, and are tasked with responsibilities that are beneficial to the company, not make-work activities. The company culture is great, and co-ops are treated like any other worker in the facility. Perks include free coffee, many company social events, perfect attendance prize ($$$ gift card), and a voucher for free safety shoes. Some cons (especially for long term co-ops) include the lack of paid sick days, benefits, and uniform allowance. All in all it is a great co-op experience allowing one to get a sample of what it is to work in a fast-paced manufacturing setting.
typical day at work was a slow start then a fast paced day that went quick. the culture of the workplace is that everybody just wants to get the day to go quicker so there is some jokes told while on line
No back up from supervisors etc. They expect it done with no leadership. Not fair to people who cannot work rotating shifts due to medical reasons at the home.
It was a cool experience and a nice summer job for students. The work is fairly easy and consistent. It was definetly not for me though although a appreciated the opportunity.
The work environment was great. everyone was friendly and always willing to help in situations where you were not sure what to do. the work environment was fast paced which made the days go by fast.
  1. Employee reviews