VPC Group Inc.
Happiness score is 58 out of 100

VPC Group Inc. Reviews with Jobs

Canada23 reviews

Insights into VPC Group Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job

Welcoming Work Environment

I am been with the company for approximately 7 months now, and I feel as though my role in the company truly matters. Everyone has been very welcoming and helpful during my transition and continue to be today. I am encouraged to ask questions and am continuous given feedback.Executives are very friendly, and dedicated to the growth of the company as a whole. Department and factory managers all work very hard to keep up with the business needs. Seniors show there appreciation for their staff consistently! The company welcomes growth internally and offers a very diverse workforce in both the offices and factories.With the pandemic, the company takes all safety measure very seriously and continue to work on ways to help keep everyone safe. Overall, very much enjoy working here and looking forward to what the future holds.

Pros

Salary, Benefits, Friendly Culture, Good working environment, Growth Opportunities

Cons

Fast paced, room to grow, friendly staff

Staff is friendly. Management understands your problems. Room to grow and enhance your skills. Good benefits. They follow all the health and safety protocols.

Favoritism and toxic work culture

Management needs a "yes man". No compensation for going above and beyond. Toxic work culture. Micromanaging is pretty normal at all levels and you can't deny that

Productive, supportive, and diverse environment with fun.

I joined this company 7 months ago. The plant I work in, has diverse culture, everyone respect each other and always work as a team. The management in here is very supportive to us. The best part is i got a promotion in just 4 months from a machine operator to lead hand. Tons of overtime, free gift cards, 3 months and 6 months retention bonus. There are lots of opportunities to grow and learn. I can say i am job satisfied which is the most important thing as an employee. Plant management is always there at your back to support.

I recently joined VPC Group Inc, and I can honestly say this is an amazing company and a great place to work.

The Owners and Management team are very supportive and hands on with the employees. They truly care about their staff members and empower them to make decisions and develop within their career. VPC is one of the most compassionate and ethical employers I've had in my entire career. In my short span with the company, I've witness them support various employees with personal/financial struggles.The environment is friendly and they truly have an open door policy. You can speak with the senior management team directly. They are extremely safety focused, housekeeping is mentioned everyday as a mantra.

Pros

Employee Recognition, Safety Driven, Employee Assistance Program, Great leadership team and company culture, Extremely customer focused, Excellent environment for career development

Cons

Not a con but the environment is fast paced and always changing. Some standard processes are missing, so you need to have the ability to take initiative and drive those projects.

Your primary job title, may not be what you end up actually doing

Be very careful before you apply to get clarification of any vague points in your job responsibilities. Because you will be bludgeoned with them otherwise, the hiring HR personnel were not empowered to provide Candidates with clear answers and were very much left in the dark as to what the position they were hiring for actually was.

Worst experience ever

No training was provided for the position and was expected to do the work. If any mistakes are done, the manager just thrash talks to you and demotivates you. No overtime pay but there is so much work you have to do overtime, and ever work on Saturdays and not get paid. You are not entitled to get any paid holidays for a year.

Pros

Cons

Low pay for the work load, demotivating top management, no support from HR, no work-life balance

Disorganized sweatshop

A company that one should stay very far from, horrible management and disorganized staff . Much work and aggravation for such little pay, machines are always malfunctioning and breaking down...politics run very strong in that company.

Overburdened

The requirement to work everyday is overwhelming. Safety is not that bad important. Favouritism runs rampant no consequences for poor performance you can destroy equipment and it does not matter

Pros

Easy to get job

Cons

Poor management

clean and friendly environment.

This job is not hard and the people are friendly, the lead is productive and easy going. Not a stressful environment. I was a student at the time I started working here and needed a day off for an exam and they were pretty flexible and management didn't make a big deal out of it.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Fun workplace (full chillmood)

I just work part time on weekends but i want to work whole week as they treat with huge respect. They have great team work and great to know I have 1 hour break fully paid.

Pros

Infinity

Cons

No cons

Really amazing family atmosphere made up of hard-working individuals who are eager to teach you what they know.

I came into this internship with little knowledge on what a daily life of an engineer is like. I met the CEO of the company on the first day and judging from the way he treated me I had a gut feeling that my internship there would be delightful. Everyone including the management treat you like a peer and give you a level of respect which was highly appreciated as I was just an intern. Now don't get me wrong it's not all fun and games over there, you're expected to do your work properly and have it done by any deadlines (which you or your supervisor may place). They encourage asking questions at the workplace and will never turn you away if you ask to shadow them. All in all, I genuinely believe that this internship is one of a kind, all other internships have the interns feel alienated from the work going on in the company, not this company, I am given my own projects and I feel like I am helping improve the company not just doing busy work.

Horrible

Good company but horrible management they favor some over others, the company is very diverse with diffrent cultures but thars about it. You end up doing more work but never equal pay.

Benefits

Cons

Distance

Can’t work anymore

It’s stressful working here. No human relation.The pay is very poor. They over work you. Their safety caution is very poor. They want output but never care of human

Pros

Ticket free

Productive and Growth opportunities

I have been working at VPC Group full-time. There is immense growth opportunities and lots room for improvements. A great team to work with and supportive Manager. I appreciate the continuous feedback which I receive from my seniors.Every company comes with some pros and cons and thus VPC too have some cons. But they are improving from time to time and I have seen them working on retention, increasing pay rates, changing work environment etc.

Safety is poor here

Didn’t enjoy working. No human relationPay low & safety poor. They like using you & never care on your health. They just want their target to be made.

Pros

Free card

Cons

Enjoyable and fast-paced environment with nice management

I would like to start off this review with the fact that I was laid off and later terminated due to COVID-19's work shortage. -typical day at work: must work in teams to finish tasks -I learned: different types of foam -the manager is very nice -the hardest part: heavy lifting (about 60-70 lbs between two people) -most enjoyable: the hours (morning shift: 6 am-2 pm) I loved working there and I would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

We have free lunch every month

Cons

8 hours a day sometime I had to work overtime on Saturday.

Great place to work, excellent culture

VPC is a place where leaders can flourish. The senior management teams encourages, empowers and relies on leaders at all different levels to take responsibility for their respective areas. Leaders are provided with the tools and resources required to succeed. Those that make it their business to add value are acknowledged and rewarded appropriately. There are significant opportunities for development and advancement.

a great company to work, easy to deal with co workers, employee was well respected

I loved to work with them. one of my best work experiences!. VPC purchased the previous company (Matador Nonwoven) where i worked over 14 years in June 2017, their accounting department was in the city of Toronto in the province of Ontario, Canada, which needed me to relocate to another province therefore I had to leave the company.

Corporate Group is small and collaborative

Clear Purpose, Vision and Mission as well as shared values shows a dedicated commitment to highest standards in the workplace. Causal atmosphere, honest and integrity in coworkers.

Poor management

Manager/Boss is really pushy and annoying takes job to seriously no relaxing at all and one break no training but are yelled at when things go wrong not a good experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VPC Group Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement