Voyago

Voyago Employee Reviews

I like working at voyag for about 4 year and working with some of the people I like working with but some of the people could not be nice to you .but I think that the monitor she get pay like the diver,s
Run! Very bad in office culture. Bullying is normalized by management. If there was the ability to give no stars I would. If you are looking for a part time job in transportation seek employment elsewhere.
Pros
Newer equipment
Cons
management, toxic culture, no follow through on promises.
Love my job. I am energized to get up and get the kids to school on time. As a professional driver I feel secure in inclement weather knowing I will not be sent out if it is not safe. Management is supportive and understanding. Good place to work. I like working 4 hours per day as I am retiring.
Pros
Hours suit me
Cons
Vehicle inspections in freezing weather.
You have to remember you are a business working with another business as an independent contractor! First off you should ask how many calls are on the board today and then ask how many trucks are servicing these calls! This should determine your success! Then after this inquiry find out exactly how many calls were registered! This will help decide in taking the plunge in a $10 an hour experience with no support or leadership!
Pros
helping people in need
Cons
low income for a 60 hour week
Paid all drivers full wages during the COVID shut down. From March until the end of June. Not many companies would do that. Great work culture, supportive management who actually care
Everything about working for this company left me feeling crazy, unappreciated, underwhelmed and disappointed. This company allows you to work in two different ways, either working directly for the company or for a broker. Both ways you are caught in the middle of so much drama from hospital staff, dispatchers and supervisors, I worked for the company for 2 years in 3 different areas, working under 6 different people and found that I was treat with the same disrespect, lack of understanding. This company is toxic. There’s no life/work balance or real room to move up, you are underpaid and overworked. The company has even been sued. Don’t work here.
Cons
Long hours, over work, underpaid, disrespectful
A great place to work. I enjoyed the job, and had the opportunity to meet many new people. I would defiantly recommend to anyone who is looking for part-time hours.
Good company in general to work for , but the salary comparing to the responsibility is low and for sure no benefit's , this industrial must be fixed to continue otherwise there will be a shortage in drivers
I work out of a storage unit with no managment, no regional management, work 15 hour shifts, no respect from company that gives nothing to their workers.
Pros
Occasional
Cons
Typically get no lunch breaks during a 12+ hour shift, dispatch is usually unfair to crews
They over work you run you to the ground . Make you feel guilty if you get sick or cant come in. The job is not worth the pay. You have next to no training. They will walk you thru the written upgrade. ( not give you the answers out right but still. )so everyone and their mother could pass . All they want is shifts filled. then 2 days of road training then thrown to the wolves.
I have been working with Voyago for almost 10 years now, it is a friendly environment, I like the people that I work with, and would like to continue working there if things get better like health benefits, remuneration, etc..
I was very excited when I learned I was hired, I was eager to learn about the company. After training, my shifts were all times I was left without a station to perform my duties as I had learned them. Staff was ok, but most of the employees I worked with were horrible! I can think of only 2 who were there to lend a hand. If one of the dispatcher's weren't fond of you, consider that the end of your job. Staff was not very forgiving as I sent a few messages through the drivers to my son & was fired for breach of confidentiality. Completely lost me on that one, I still cannot figure that one out? No verbal warning or written warning, just let go with the manager saying he had spoke to me previous yet I never heard a thing about it until the moment I was let go. Management was not very experienced or knowledgeable of their job! I am very disappointed with the staff at Voyageur Transportation!
Pros
Enjoyable easy job, fun getting to know the customers
Cons
Management & most of the employees!
Don’t work here. Horrible management, HORRIBLE communication between all parts of the company, and not worth the pay for what the drivers and front line people go through. If you are a driver you get the short end of the stick and all of the managements problems end up becoming ours because nobody does their job properly.. Possibly because nobody cares at all. Never apply here. You will regret it I guarantee
Have everything in writing and dont get caught "being unhappy at work" or it will say that on your ROE Divisions were good but some internal staff were very condescending
You have to be alert and catch on very fast to do this job and it can be very stressful. The big thing is to get to know the city for you are driving all over the place going from door to door for time is not on your side. I find that driving in London in all the heavy traffic and you have hold ups like Construction, vehicle collisions, trains and detours to put you behind schedule. The main thing is getting the customers to there destination as safely as possibly in a reasonably good time as best as you can.
Not everyone disliked Voyageur, but I was paired with a terrible partner and my supervisor did nothing about it. Issues with supplies were brought forth and not acted on. My partner encouraged unsafe work practices and would berate me when I refused to take part - again management did nothing. I ended up getting hurt at work and had nothing but issues with HR on taking my leave, and then trying to come back to work. Decided to just leave at that point
Pros
Nights shift includes sleep if you don't have calls
Cons
Long hours; lots of travel; not treated nicely by hospital staff or most patients
Good place to gain experience for future career as a paramedic or fire fighter. Long hours, hand-me-down equipment that get the bare minimum to limp down the road. Limited growth opportunities
very challenging job at times but i love challenges easy going people and management you have the option to upgrade your license with very highly trained professionals overall a very good company to work for.
At Voyageur even if you make a mistake, they never make you feel that you failed somehow. Supervisors always say what a great job you do and if you do make a mistake, they are always so kind and encouraging and give you tools/advice. Coworkers are fantastic and the atmosphere as a whole is warm and though it's super stressful, I've never worked for a more united place. Everyone is so helpful! Monthly meetings, and there's always food, gourmet coffee is supplied as well as hot chocolate and fancy teas. I don't think there has ever been a week were some type of food hasn't been left or ordered. The higher ups are fabulous too.
Pros
.Warm, helpful and compassionate.
Cons
Super stressful, part time hours, no benefits due to p/t hiring
My passion has always been in driving and I have worked as a customer service agent since I was 6 years old answering order calls for a home based business I like to help and assist others whenever. So for me to be hired to perform as one of their caring drivers for several years helping many families in transporting their loved ones and themselves to and from scheduled appointments was for me fulfilling. I liked the position right up until the industry switched from hourly wages to rates...Rate pay > this position does not pay enough for the same work city bus drivers earn with the same driving responsibilities. This school bus industry needs to seriously increase the rate of pay. They have us drivers as part time but we work from early am to later pm So they have those drivers all day with pays that work out less than minimum wage. Yes it's nice work to get time off during runs however it only pays less than minimum wage.
Little concern for drivers safety and morale, training is terrible, almost to the level of being a joke. Flexible hours for those needing part-time work, but the work can be stressful.
  1. Employee reviews