Voyago Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON24 April 2019
Great place to work. It is fast paced but that makes the day go by quickly. It is a great group of people that you work with every day and all are looking to help you accomplish your goals.
Pros
Great Management
Don't waste your time .. 100% it is a terrible job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 April 2019
You will be responsible for 1000 things to do :
Bud check every morning ..
Driving .. to the yard and back again to the afternoon shift ...
Students & kids ... Oh my gosh ...and you will drive All the day and will get paid for 5 hrs ... !!!
Find any other job .. trust me .. don't waste your time
Joke.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2019
I love how all these so called " reviews " with 5 stars are from the upper management that literally have no clue what goes on, on the front lines. Poor management. Company is a complete joke. The only reason why this company is still around is because no other patient transfer company has the money as of yet to bring a fleet into London and steal the business.

No accountability with their dispatch, they consistently lie to customers and the hospitals on when a crew will be there and then go and blame the crew that shows up. Saying some how it's our fault and blah blah, dont bother reporting them because upper management doesnt care thats their baby and nobody can touch them.

They use a broker system because they want to pawn off the responsibility. "Smart business decision " is the answer I get when I asked about it. So much for their slogan.

Anyways they're forced to hire ppl off the street because nobody who went to school for emergency services wants to be a part this disaster they call a company.
Pros
None lmfao.
Cons
Even considering working there is a con.
Avoid at all costs
Patient transfer attendant (Current Employee) –  Ontario6 April 2019
-management/ dispatch doesn’t care about ministry set laws. For example you are not allowed to drive past 14 hours in a day but they will constantly tell you to do it anyways
-no set shift start or end times, I have seen day shifts start as early as 4:30am and end as late at 11 pm
-I’ve had lay cheque’s with around 100 hours worked yet have never received overtime pay. (Ontario laws say overtime must be paid after 44 hours weekly or 88 hours bi-weekly)
-the vehicles you are expected to drive have constant problems and when they finally do go in for repairs the mechanics never actually fix the problems (I suspect this is more of managements fault and not the mechanics themselves but can’t confirm)
-dispatch will expect you to do an hour long drive in 45 minutes
- good luck getting a lunch and even if you do it will be after 5 hours which means your lunch is supposed to be paid for but when recording that you have gotten your lunches on your log sheet there is no where to indicate what time it was taken at so they take it off your pay anyways.
- many of the employees here are either paramedic student/graduates or fire student/grads. All of which believe they know absolutely everything
-in order to meet job requirements you are supposed to do a 250 lbs lift test during orientation but don’t worry they don’t actually care if you can’t lift it, they just pass the burden on the the person you’re working with
-hardly any full time positions available but if you do get one you get a whopping 900$ in benefits per year
- your hours can be greatly effected by your partner,
  more... if they call in sick you will either be told not to come in or will end up working an extremely short shift
- uniforms not supplied.
-due to lack of crews you are always late for pick ups resulting in some angry nurses/patients who have no problem taking it out on you
-many people starting a job here believe they will be helping patients truth is you’re just a taxi without the tips
-you will be told to drive in any and all weather conditions (fortunately they do understand driving according to road conditions)
- I could honestly go on and on about the problems with this company and I know as soon as I submit this review I will think of something big that I wish I added.

Anyways have a nice day and stay away...
Pros
They give free scarves and other useless stuff that nobody will ever use
Cons
See review
Absolutely Horrible Unsafe Place To Work
Attendent (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 March 2019
If you or your family want to use this company DONT. If you are thinking about possibly working here DONT. This place is absolutely terrible. The trucks are not safe at all and I’m surprised they pass their inspections. The dispatch doesn’t know what they’re talking about half the time and they also send you to the wrong addresses. Management also expects you to do an hour ride in 30 minutes without any regard to your safety or the passengers. The tablets that we are given to communicate with dispatch and figure out where we are to go are not the best either. They easily have to be restarted 4-5 times a shift for them to work. You’d be better off finding something else to put on your resume if you’re looking to be in Fire or EMS. Management also bullies the employees into working 14 hour shifts. Disptach is also well known for bullying employees to do a 14+ hour shift. They also have no known knowledge about labour laws because they break them on a daily basis. If you do make the leap of faith and work here then you need to log down your hours as they also like to hold back hours from your pay cheuque. Bottom line is that this is not a good place to work and avoid it at all costs.
Pros
Cons
It’s a horrible company
Diesel and gasoline fumes smell great when loading passengers...
Slave Driver (Former Employee) –  Virgil, ON12 January 2019
That is about the ONLY good positive in reviewing this "company..." They look @ patients as $$$ signs, just like cops, EMS, firefighters, and the rest of the LOW IQ'd people on this plane. Flat earth plane, I might add. These people know NOTHING about the world. A typical day at work is smiling your joo butt off for 12 hour shifts, while on call, working with wannabe rent-a-cops who wanna make it in the pig world - who *THINK* that they are "police officers," when they are not. They are nothing but EMS phonies. Hardest part of the job is looking at humans. Most enjoyable part is being able to smell the nice aroma of diesel fumes while the engine idles... I learned NOTHING, here. They ALL want to make as much money as possible, in the QUICKEST amount of time possible... Makes me SICK. Management never comes around unless they want to try to NAIL you for doing "nothing." That's about enough.
Cons
Voyago is growing fast and has lots of opportunity
VP Marketing and Communications (Current Employee) –  London, ON30 October 2018
Voyago is a family owned and operated business and keeps that small family feel even though growth is pushing the company into a large organization - there are many opportunities and examples of advancement in the organization.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Ongoing changes to keep pace
Typical of Patient Transfer Companies
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2018
Managers often have power trips and don’t react properly to situations. That is, if they even answer their phone. Can be VERY lazy and useless.

You can be put with some good people, but you can also get put with bad people.

Hours are nowhere guaranteed. Could do 12hr shifts, 4hr shifts, or be forced to do 13+ hour shifts. You won’t know what your start time is until at LEAST 730pm the night before.

Dispatch is based in London and know nothing about Toronto or what it’s like to drive in the city.

Crews are not appreciated at all.

Brokers are often on the verge of bankruptcy.
Pros
Can be a good experience if you’re looking for a stepping stone into EMS or Fire
Cons
Hours not guaranteed, hard to have a life
Dont waste your time
Attendant/driver (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON20 August 2018
This company will tell you that youll get full time hours when they hire you, but after youve settled in they cut you down to 1 shift a week... if you like waiting till 8-9pm to find out when you work the next day... or being pressured to skip your lunches... or being pushed to 14 hours in a single day... work here theyll hire anyone
Pros
Driving time, overall positive attitude from staff
Cons
Management, cleanliness, vehicle conditions
A Company that Cares about their People
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 August 2018
Since I have joined Voyago, I have been given the opportunity to expand my role and take on new and exciting challenges. The Senior Management team supports personal growth and allows their employees to learn different aspects of the company. Voyago operates according to their Mission, Vision and Values and demonstrates them everyday. I couldn't imagine myself working anywhere else but here!
Pros
Safety and People are the priority.
Fast paced, exciting company to work for.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Central Ontario28 July 2018
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow with a fast paced, energetic company then Voyago is it. Everyday offers new and exciting challenges. Improve your communication skills, become a great team player and learn to drive at an expert level.
Pros
Growth opportunities, independence, flexible work schedule.
Supportive and encouraging environment
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 July 2018
Voyago is one of the nicest places I've worked, the Managers and executive team are all extremely supportive, approachable, and caring. Managers genuinely care about all of their staff. They ensure staff are supported in their growth and advancement in the company from day one, be it providing free licence upgrades to new hires, or working with their motivated drivers to help them advance. There are always opportunities for dedicated drivers to pick up more hours, by driving for other divisions, or picking up shifts at short notice. Our recruiters work hard to find dedicated and hardworking individuals for our teams, so you can be sure you coworkers are all top notch as well. Because of the nature of the job, our drivers can face any number of scenarios on the road, so its important that our staff is well trained and capable of being safe and professional at all times, so as well as extensive up front training, we also offer retraining if employees need some more support, and our veteran drivers are always willing to offer support and advice if needed. Voyago has may employee benefit programs, from gym discounts, GoSafe, and GoImagine programs that reward employees for being safe and invested in their work environment and culture, We have been awarded the Canada's Best Managed Companies award for several years now, and its easy to see why.
Pros
Employee benefits and growth programs
Cons
Can be stressful as unexpected situations arise on the road
Voyago is an excellent company to work for
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 July 2018
I have been working at Voyago for 3 and a half years. Voyago is a company dedicated to customer service. Management is very approachable. Voyago provides a wide range of transportation services. Health and safety is a top priority at Voyago, with excellent training. Great opportunities for career advancement, which is recognized by management.
Pros
Great company to work for
Voyago takes care of their employees
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON24 July 2018
My Time at Voyago has been very educational. I enjoy the people I work with and management is very accommodating. The company culture is caring because care is at the centre of what Voyago does. I would recommend working at Voyago to a friend.
Pros
Friendly staff.
Cons
non
A workplace where you can make an impact
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 July 2018
I have worked at Voyago for a few months and what I really like to see is how its employees are empowered to make an impact - whether on its customers, fellow staff or even the communities it operates in. They really do care about your journey and give you the training and tools to provide great customer service and to be successful in your role.
Pros
Co-workers are interesting and fun!
Company that cares about your journey
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 July 2018
I have been working at Voyago for over a year. Employees take pride in what they do and care about their patients/customers journey. The company places a strong emphasis on Health & Safety both from the vehicle's and the ongoing Driver Training that is provided. Management is approachable and employees have a caring nature to provide the best service they can. With different divisions and different demographics, there are several opportunities for employees to start and maintain a career with Voyago and also a great opportunity for a second career and retirees who want to work part-time.
Pros
Open Door Policy, Flexibility
Cons
Benefits, 24/7 Operation
Great Workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 July 2018
Voyago is a company that always looks at their current employees first to give opportunity for growth before recruiting outside of the company. They promote personal growth as well, by helping with post secondary education, different courses, scholarship programs, and much more. The management team and employees genuinely care about the services we provide, and are always striving to do and be better. Voyago is a very innovative company, that prides itself on safety.
Pros
Opportunities
Great Workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  London19 July 2018
Voyago is a well establish company with many opportunities for professional growth. They value their teams members and support a positive work life balance. They value the input of Voyago team members no matter the position or background.
Pros
Stability and work life balance
fun and diverse environment perfect for anyone who wants to make a difference!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 July 2018
Workplace culture is wonderfully diverse and exciting! An excellent choice for a hardworker who wants to make a difference and make the day of the customer by providing impeccable customer service the Voyago way! We provide a wide range of transportation that can be utilized for a large customer base as well as the ability to customize your transfer suitable for your needs! We consistently work under strict confidentiality and privacy agreements to keep our customers private information safe. We have won numerous prestigious awards for being part of Canada's Best Managed Companies as well as Canada's Safest Employers! If you think you have what it takes to be a part of our ever changing fast paced environment, apply now to join our team.
Best workplace
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON18 July 2018
I am definitely happy at Voyago and there are many reasons for it: job security, great co-workers, motivating and supportive leadership team, flexibility of my schedule. One of the biggest advantages for me is that this company takes safety seriously and provides all the tools are resources for me to succeed. In addition to that, I am proud to be a part of the company that plays such a meaningful role in the community.
Pros
Flexibility, appreciation.
Cons
Might be stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Voyago. Our community is ready to answer.