Voyago
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Voyago: 208 Employee Reviews

Canada208 reviews

voyageurbusdriverdrivingwagedispatchsafetyroad

Low pay and lack of hours

The hours are too inconsistent to base your life around. That matched with low wages make it hard for someone to make this job into a career. Definitely geared more towards students or people with minimal financial responsibility

22 July 2022
Hi there,Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We hear what you're saying and are working towards more consistency. If you would like to discuss any aspect of your experience so far or provide any additional suggestions for improvement, please feel free to connect with us directly at hrgeneral@voyago.ca. Thank you for all you do out on the road keeping our patients safe.

Fun workplace and productive

Love being part of voyago!The staff and co workers are friendly and you feel like they’re family. Very welcoming!Overall fantastic company to work for! Lots of perks and they have benefits (30+ hours)

Insights into Voyago

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Sub-par workplace with horrible management and operations

Starting out, Voyago seemed like a great place. Everyone was kind and helpful with all the documentation and testing needed to be completed prior to hire. It wasn't soon after that the job went downhill quickly.The main struggles of working at the company are management, dispatch and staffing. Management are both unresponsive and micro-managing, dispatch is unrealistic with drive times to and from calls & booking accordingly, and the staffing turnover is obnoxious. Working here for 6 months is enough to be entrenched in what I believe is one of the worst workplaces to get into, and not surprisingly the easiest. Pay is just above minimum wage and you have to make sure you're actually counting your paychecks because 9/10 times you have been shorted.Management expects you to be available 24/7, tries to get you to work when you've tested positive for COVID and micro-manages to the point where your pay is threatened pending you forget to put a blanket on a stretcher.PPE is both not provided for calls with PPE regulations and trucks are insufficiently stocked.Bills for the tablets remain unpaid and render useless, and you're expected to expend your data to complete calls without further compensation for said data used.Trucks continuously break down without being fixed and frustrations are taken out on the attendants. There must be some legality issues for temperatures of the back exceeding 34° C on summer days with no AC, and -20° C during cold winter months. The solution provided, use or take off blankets (that are already frozen).Overall, this company is a disaster and -

Pros

Literally nothing.

Cons

No benefits, low pay, no breaks, poor management, no protective equipment.

Can I give zero stars?

hours are few and far between and the wages are too low to make up for the few hours you get.Can't live on the wages. Don't get paid to wait around and then not get a shift.

22 July 2022
Hi there,Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Apologies we have missed the mark on your expectations. We hear you and are making strives for more consistency. If there is anything you would like to discuss with us directly or any suggestions you'd like to share for improvements we can make, please consider reaching out to hrgeneral@voyago.ca - we'd love to hear from you. Thank you for all you do to keep our patients safe on the road. We appreciate you!

Not a Career.

The work itself is very satisfying and you're able to engage with the community and contribute to society. But, hours are not dependable, they avoid giving overtime, job performance is not rewarded, the wages are low compared to most entry level medical positions, and you never know if you'll work 0 hours or 36 hours in a week. Impossible to plan. And with the low wages, I couldn't imagine trying to pay the bills with this as a primary position. It's a student job, no doubt about it. Benefits are laughable, and virtually non-existent, even for the few who attain full-time status. Love the work itself, most coworkers are amazing and local management are generally reasonable despite being so tightly controlled by head office, but the company is so poorly managed at the top level that this could never be a career even for the most thrifty of workers. Ask about their retention/turnover rate in your interview. Constant cycle of hiring the most vulnerable of workers so they don't have to be held accountable for their mismanagement. Speak to the workers if you can. Patient transfer positions are woefully undervalued. Basically everyone who applies is hired. There is a reason for that.

22 July 2022
Hi there,Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave us a review. Apologies that we seem to have missed the mark on your expectations. We hear you and are making strives for more consistency. We value the hard work you put in on the road and thank you for all you do to support and keep our patients safe. If you'd like to discuss any concerns or have a chat about any suggestions for improvement you might have, please consider reaching out to us directly at hrgeneral@voyago.ca - we'd love to hear from you.

Working for voyago!

I had a wonderful interview, great trainer, didn’t take to long, got a great route, love the people I work with and most of management has great communication as well! I love it here

Pros

Great environment, friendly people, good communication

Cons

12 hours days, you are only paid for driving in the bus, sometimes you don’t get routes close to you, some bus drivers try and throw you “under the bus”

5 July 2022
Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave us a review. We're so glad to hear that your hire and onboarding process went smoothly! If you would like to discuss any of your concerns regarding other drivers, I encourage you to connect with us directly so we can best support you! We can be reached at hrgeneral@voyago.ca. Keep up the great work and welcome to Voyago!

Poorly run place to work, an okay starting job.

If you are pressed for cash it is the only reason you should work here otherwise go find something else. Poorly run establishment and you can tell what place you are getting into immediately.

5 July 2022
Hi there,Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and apologies that we seem to have missed the mark on meeting your expectations. If you would like to discuss anything regarding your experience here at Voyago or any suggestions for improvement you may have, please feel free to connect with us directly at hrgeneral@voyago.ca and we'd be happy to have a conversation and address your concerns.

Driver team

Great group of drivers to work with! Feels very much like a family without the squabbles. Love the cultural diversity and how we all help each other out.

16 June 2022
Hi there,Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're so happy to hear that you feel our environment is not only culturally diverse, but a family! Keep up the great work and thank you for all you do to make us great!

The management team works with you to help accommodate your requirements

The entire hiring process was very professional and personable , they made me feel like I wanted to be a part of the team . The entire team was very knowledgeable and went out of their way to ensure that all queries were answered to the fullest . Management took care of all of the new people from day one and continue to work with us still to this day . No company is perfect but they really try hard to assist all and make you feel like you are a part of a good team . The supervisors communicate on a friendly level and work with you to get the job done right . The pay could be a little better but the opportunity for advancement is available to those who work hard for it . They also pay benefits which really helps in todays trying times .

16 June 2022
Hi there,Amazing! Glad to hear your experience so far has been so positive! Your feedback on one of our newest contracts is very much appreciated! Thank you for all you do and welcome to Voyago!

Good place to work,

As with all places pros and cons, your experience will be what You make it. drivers are all wonderful, and care about their clientele. management is approachable, but has room for growth. definitely a team atmosphere. Clients are mostly appreciative of the services offered so they are usually easy to work with.

16 June 2022
Hi there,Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a review! We're so happy to hear that you're experiencing the team atmosphere we strive to promote. If you ever want to connect with us directly to provide any feedback or suggestions, please feel free to touch base at hrgeneral@voyago.ca!

Meaningful work

Voyago offers meaningful work for individuals interested in assisting others with their transportation needs. Lots of independence in completing work in accordance with policy and standards.

Pros

Solid work hours and consistent pay check, full-time or part time work

Cons

Shift work is 7 days a week, need to work weekends

16 June 2022
Hi there,Thank you for leaving a review! It's great to hear you and our team and share our passion for helping others in the communities we service. We understand your position can be demanding and we appreciate all you do. Keep up the great work!

Nice management team

The manager and supervisor in our team are kind and friendly. Every time there is a task change in schedule or route, the manager always asks my opinion in advance.

16 June 2022
Hi there,Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a review. It is fantastic to hear that your manager and supervisor are rising to the occasion and providing you with the support you need! Keep up the great work and thank you for all you do!

An Essential, Worthwhile Job

I've been with Voyageur / Voyago for 15 years now!I'm a spare van / wheel chair bus driver / monitor, covering for absent drivers. This can have its stressful moments, as I'm not familiar with all school runs, although a GPS does help indeed.Usually, I do get advance notice that a driver, or monitor will be off.The students, for the most part, are 'special needs', such as being in a wheel chair, or autistic or medically fragile. This precludes them from riding the regular bus. I rarely encounter a behaviour problem; do enjoy being able to assist them.Management has been supportive, understanding and professional. Pay is done accurately and fairly.The vehicles are well maintained. When service is needed, you get some notice and time choices. You are paid for this time. Training is given at least once a year and is valuable and helps you be more aware of driving issues, including your own, personal driving.I have enjoyed my time with this company and would recommend them. The work has fitted well into my life.

16 June 2022
Hi there,Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your kind words. We're so happy to hear how much you enjoy your role. Congratulations on your years of service that is something to be celebrated! If you ever want to connect with us directly, please reach out to hrgeneral@voyago.ca - we're always looking to get any kind of feedback and to get to know our employees!

Good company to work for to break into industry with its pros and cons

As a paramedic student, working patient transfer with Voyago gave me great experience with patient exposure, learning about the inner workings of hospitals, and learning the geography of the region. However, there weren’t that many opportunities for advancement, often times communication was lacking, resources/ppe were lacking/old, and on many occasions was I not given a lunch. It’s a decent company to work for to enter into the field, but with many areas to improve on to support a long career.

Pros

Experience with patient care, hospitals, and learning geography

Cons

Old equipment, long hours, lack of ppe, many times no lunch, communication so-so, opportunities for advancement not plentiful

16 June 2022
Hi there,Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate any and all feedback. You have mentioned some concerns we'd like to know more about. Please consider reaching out to us directly at hrgeneral@voyago.ca so we can touch base on your concerns. Thank you for all you do out there!

Your job is what you make of it, be positive and treat people all the same.

Great support from my superiors, mainly my super. Pay for time worked could improve.Keeping all Drivers in a well maintained bus.Great job done by our Dispatch team keeping us informed very stressful job, Thanks for treating everyone as a trusted employee.I do think we are professional Drivers as we transport such a precious cargo children, thanksfor reminding us and reminding us of this.

16 June 2022
Hi there,You are absolutely correct! The passengers we transport are such precious cargo. Thank you for all you do and for leaving us a review! Glad to hear that you feel supported by your team. Keep up the great work!

Excellent place to work!

This is the best company I have ever worked for. You are not just a number you are a respected employee. Always open to suggestions. Always there to help. Safety is first.

Pros

Great meetings lunch included

Cons

Can't think of anything

16 June 2022
Hi there,Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a review! How wonderful to hear how you view our team and your role here. You are a valued team member and we thank you for all you do!

Productive ,great atmosphere , training was amazing

I enjoy working for this company. They tell you the expectation. At the same time they respect you for being up front if there is something you can not do. I know I made the right decision to apply here and will return I got sept 2022. They are helpful , fun and always there to direct me where to go if I’m not sure. A big Thank You to all the Staff at Kitchener Voyago

Pros

Coffee or tea before run. Occasionally a free Lunch

Cons

No cons

3 June 2022
Hi there,Thanks for leaving your feedback! It's great to hear that you have been enjoying your time with our KW team. Enjoy your summer and we'll see you back in September!

Good place to work - alright pay - great co-workers

I've been employed with Voyago now for just over 5 years. The time has gone by so very quickly - it's a fast paced work environment so you're very rarely bored. Helping seniors and folks with disabilities live more independent lives is very rewarding in itself. The only caveat would be the hourly rate of pay, which has always felt a little less than what the job is actually worth, especially during the cold winter months. You have to exit the bus a lot since the service is door to door, as well as contend with poor weather and road conditions. Other than that it has been a pleasant work experience which I would recommend for anyone else looking for a driver position.

3 June 2022
Hi there,Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and congratulations on your 5 year milestone! We appreciate your feedback and will do what we can to meet your expectations on items you have suggested where possible. We are always working towards improvements for the betterment of our staff. Thank you for all you do and keep up the great work!

Fast paced but fun environment

Voyago’s LC is a great place to work. The management is quite caring and helpful, they are supportive in all your needs. We get paid pretty well for what we do and we are recognized for it as well. It’s great for people who have gone to school for something similar and are looking for a stepping stone to get experience. It’s a fun and laid back environment but can be challenging at times when there are many callers and many things to do. Sometimes it’s non stop. Overall I would recommend this company :)

Pros

Supportive management events laid back

Cons

Shifts can vary can work 8-4 sometimes or be working 12-8 fast paced

3 June 2022
Hi there,Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave a review! We're glad to hear you are enjoying your position and feel supported by your team! We recognize the position you're in can get challenging so thank you for all you do! Keep up the amazing work!

The management are there to help and have your back. They are amazing if I need time off on short notice for my kids that need to Seek medical attention. Everyone if friendly and welcoming. Were all work together and help each other out.

3 June 2022
Hi there,Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so glad to hear that you've had such great supportive experiences with your team out in Waterford. We strive for a culture of togetherness and it's amazing to hear that's been your experience so far. Keep up the great work and thank you for all you do!

Voyago is an good employer to work for. They make you feel appreciated. Management is willing to listen to any issues. There are bonuses for referring a friend and them being hired. They supply all necessary PPE to keep us safe and healthy. Lots of training provided.

3 June 2022
Hi there,Thank you for stopping by to leave a review. We're glad to hear you've enjoyed our training and feel supported and appreciated by your team. Referrals are always welcome - we want to hire more great people, like you! Keep up the great work!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Voyago. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement