Voyago

Voyago Employee Reviews

Canada116 reviews
Featured review
Voyago selected this as a representative review
Company that cares about your journey
I have been working at Voyago for over a year. Employees take pride in what they do and care about their patients/customers journey. The company places a strong emphasis on Health & Safety both from the vehicle's and the ongoing Driver Training that is provided. Management is approachable and employees have a caring nature to provide the best service they can. With different divisions and different demographics, there are several opportunities for employees to start and maintain a career with Voyago and also a great opportunity for a second career and retirees who want to work part-time.
Pros
Open Door Policy, Flexibility
Cons
Benefits, 24/7 Operation
Lot of responsibility, low wages, no benefits,
Good company in general to work for , but the salary comparing to the responsibility is low and for sure no benefit's , this industrial must be fixed to continue otherwise there will be a shortage in drivers
Upper Management does not care
I work out of a storage unit with no managment, no regional management, work 15 hour shifts, no respect from company that gives nothing to their workers.
Pros
Occasional
Cons
Typically get no lunch breaks during a 12+ hour shift, dispatch is usually unfair to crews
Not worth it
They over work you run you to the ground . Make you feel guilty if you get sick or cant come in. The job is not worth the pay. You have next to no training. They will walk you thru the written upgrade. ( not give you the answers out right but still. )so everyone and their mother could pass . All they want is shifts filled. then 2 days of road training then thrown to the wolves.
Good place to work for
I have been working with Voyago for almost 10 years now, it is a friendly environment, I like the people that I work with, and would like to continue working there if things get better like health benefits, remuneration, etc..
My experience at Voyageur was very much a let down!
I was very excited when I learned I was hired, I was eager to learn about the company. After training, my shifts were all times I was left without a station to perform my duties as I had learned them. Staff was ok, but most of the employees I worked with were horrible! I can think of only 2 who were there to lend a hand. If one of the dispatcher's weren't fond of you, consider that the end of your job. Staff was not very forgiving as I sent a few messages through the drivers to my son & was fired for breach of confidentiality. Completely lost me on that one, I still cannot figure that one out? No verbal warning or written warning, just let go with the manager saying he had spoke to me previous yet I never heard a thing about it until the moment I was let go. Management was not very experienced or knowledgeable of their job! I am very disappointed with the staff at Voyageur Transportation!
Pros
Enjoyable easy job, fun getting to know the customers
Cons
Management & most of the employees!
Worst job ever
Don’t work here. Horrible management, HORRIBLE communication between all parts of the company, and not worth the pay for what the drivers and front line people go through. If you are a driver you get the short end of the stick and all of the managements problems end up becoming ours because nobody does their job properly.. Possibly because nobody cares at all. Never apply here. You will regret it I guarantee
HR was difficult to trust
Have everything in writing and dont get caught "being unhappy at work" or it will say that on your ROE

Divisions were good but some internal staff were very condescending
It's always a very busy day all day to accomplish your manifest list of customers
You have to be alert and catch on very fast to do this job and it can be very stressful.
The big thing is to get to know the city for you are driving all over the place going from door to door for time is not on your side.

I find that driving in London in all the heavy traffic and you have hold ups like Construction, vehicle collisions, trains and detours to put you behind schedule. The main thing is getting the customers to there destination as safely as possibly in a reasonably good time as best as you can.
Negative Workplace
Not everyone disliked Voyageur, but I was paired with a terrible partner and my supervisor did nothing about it. Issues with supplies were brought forth and not acted on. My partner encouraged unsafe work practices and would berate me when I refused to take part - again management did nothing. I ended up getting hurt at work and had nothing but issues with HR on taking my leave, and then trying to come back to work. Decided to just leave at that point
Pros
Nights shift includes sleep if you don't have calls
Cons
Long hours; lots of travel; not treated nicely by hospital staff or most patients
Patient Transfer
Good place to gain experience for future career as a paramedic or fire fighter.
Long hours, hand-me-down equipment that get the bare minimum to limp down the road.

Limited growth opportunities
fun work place
very challenging job at times but i love challenges easy going people and management you have the option to upgrade your license with very highly trained professionals overall a very good company to work for.
Excellent Coworkers And Atmosphere
At Voyageur even if you make a mistake, they never make you feel that you failed somehow. Supervisors always say what a great job you do and if you do make a mistake, they are always so kind and encouraging and give you tools/advice. Coworkers are fantastic and the atmosphere as a whole is warm and though it's super stressful, I've never worked for a more united place. Everyone is so helpful! Monthly meetings, and there's always food, gourmet coffee is supplied as well as hot chocolate and fancy teas. I don't think there has ever been a week were some type of food hasn't been left or ordered. The higher ups are fabulous too.
Pros
.Warm, helpful and compassionate.
Cons
Super stressful, part time hours, no benefits due to p/t hiring
Working as a professional driver
My passion has always been in driving and I have worked as a customer service agent since I was 6 years old answering order calls for a home based business I like to help and assist others whenever. So for me to be hired to perform as one of their caring drivers for several years helping many families in transporting their loved ones and themselves to and from scheduled appointments was for me fulfilling. I liked the position right up until the industry switched from hourly wages to rates...Rate pay > this position does not pay enough for the same work city bus drivers earn with the same driving responsibilities.
This school bus industry needs to seriously increase the rate of pay.

They have us drivers as part time but we work from early am to later pm So they have those drivers all day with pays that work out less than minimum wage.

Yes it's nice work to get time off during runs however it only pays less than minimum wage.
Poor management
Little concern for drivers safety and morale, training is terrible, almost to the level of being a joke. Flexible hours for those needing part-time work, but the work can be stressful.
It's Ok Considering the OTHER Companies
Some people are very friendly. Others are very two-faced and that could be office staff OR drivers. Keep your private life to yourself. Don't let on you need the job even if you do. It WILL be used against you. There are other bus companies and they're ALL hurting for drivers. Stand up for yourself or you will be walked all over. Voyago is pretty good at believing their drivers because they can't afford to lose even one. Voyago has other divisions you can help out on if you want to make this a full-time job. The BIGGEST issue I had is their scheduling of vehicle maintenance if you don't park at base. They have gotten better at asking, "Are you available to bring your bus in for service?". I will give them that. The schools supervisor is NOT suited to or FOR the role. Seriously not suited. My gerbil has more respect for people. Honestly, ALL management should have the business or HR education and not put someone in the role because they used to be a driver. That's how they lose drivers and that's how divisions lose their contracts.
Pros
an OK part time job
Cons
Schools Supervisor is NOT SUITED FOR THE JOB, customers are getting more abusive, pay needs to go up for a professional license, need in-bus cameras for protection of drivers, buses have TOO many problems, management is pushy
Unreliable
Unreliable, unorganized and dishonest. Not upfront about training being unpaid. Managers NOT on same page and NOT people friendly. Not a good place to work. Mangers are not upfront with when your training and hours will begin. Treat their new employees like they do not matter and their time is not valuable. I spent more money trying to work there then they even paid me. For 4 weeks of work I was paid well under 400!
For
Para transit
Unfortunately, orientation did not hit on some very important aspects of the job. It is a learn as you go position. can be very stressful at times or way to relaxed at other times. Not consistent work.
Good experience for paramedic students
Good practice using stretchers and stair chairs for transfers.
Heavy lifting at times 250+lbs

Long days lots of driving.

Meet new people daily

All staff have special training
Was a terrific place to work
I would call this a people place. Everyone was welcoming, helpful, genuine. I did not see or experience any "politics" in this company. It was a pleasure coming to work each day. I would definitely recommend this as a great place of employment and advancement. They had a practice of promoting from within, something you do not see in a lot of companies these days.
Started out with lots of false promises - after 3 years - I'm just a spare driver
This is my third school year with Voyago and the last season was rough with a very high needs/distracting student. My Supervisor told me the last driver had quit on the spot after dealing with this one particular child. She asked me to please stick with it and she would do her best to find me a better run next school season. When the new school season started, I got put on as a spare and was told there was nothing in my area. I had won a safety award and did her a 'solid' by sticking with something that was endangering myself and the other students without a monitor present. STS stated one wasn't needed. They expect so much for the small pay they provide you with. My EI ran out and I had to go on OW while searching for another job that would pay the bills.