VOORTMAN COOKIES Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Okay routine
Distributor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 August 2017
An okay every day routine, some challenges with in the company that made some days more difficult than others. I do not think I would work for the company again.
Manager is a greatperson to work for
Route Driver and sales (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC18 July 2017
Enjoyed helping out the area manager while they tried to find someone to purchase the route. The job is fun but demanding on your body. fun way to stay in shape
Pros
Your day is your own
Cons
Can be long hours
fun workplace
Distributor (Former Employee) –  Durham Region, ON scarborough11 July 2017
Very independent working while always a way to increase sales. The more sales you drive towards the consumers the more money you can potentially make.
Good employer
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 June 2017
Supportive workplace, comfortable family feel. Good work environment, mature and easygoing management and employee culture. Few employee perks (besides cheap cookies).
Great eviroment
Loader, helper (Current Employee) –  Calmar2 October 2015
Waking up at 7a.m to leave by 8a.m going on a route, that was purchased. Driving to Grocery stores and selling the cookies to the store and setting up displays, and stocking the displays with cookies.
Pros
Some short days
Cons
Unexpected hours
company that lets you build your nest
Distributor (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NS15 January 2014
I have worked as a distributor for Voortman Cookies and its your decision on how it will work for you! If you are a self motivated person who can establish a good relationship with customers and have the ability to sell and service them, you can succeed with Voortman Cookies. You need to find the right market in every store, have the ability to know the limits of every store and realize the potential available with constant service. Voortman Cookies is a growing company with many years under its belt....this doesn't mean they just wing it....and I believe this to be true as an employee. I have always had support when I needed it from management by just a simple phone call or actual visit.
For me I make each day a new day and anticipate great results....meeting the receivers, managers and customers is a highlight.....sales in the end are good because of your positive nature.
Pros
work monday to friday, usually home by late afternoon or by supper, make your schedule work for you as long as your customers are happy, ability to spend time with my family, know that as long as I am selling I am making money for myself
Cons
sometimes alot of road time, somedays can be long, sometimes tight deadlines
Stay Clear
Territory Rep (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick16 October 2013
This company does not operate "above board". They have the perfect operating strategy for themselves with zero risk of product loss, leaving all expenses and claims in the hands of their distributors. Managers are trained to sell, sell, sell, as a result of this zero risk strategy. Trying to sell your territory is like trying to leave a cult. They hold back pay, territory costs and like to devalue the territory in order to bleed you dry. Stay clear.