Volvo Car Corporation Employee Reviews

Mooi bedrijf
Orderpicker (Former Employee) –  Gent10 April 2019
Mooi bedrijf om in te werken, maar als je de vaste nachtploeg hebt, heb je geen leven meer. Dan leef je voor volvo.
So Much work to get in there and they don't value their employees
Team Member/ Assembly (Former Employee) –  Ridgeville, SC3 April 2019
Volvo is the hottest job in SC right now and they know it because people in the community is not use to the pay and the nicest car on the planet. I love volvo vehicles, I dreamt of this day and never thought i would be making them. Because I had a strong personality from all the sexism in there. I was targeted to get me out of the. It took 10 months to get in there with test, assessment and interviews. I am in tears everyday because HR let management dictate the lies they told to get me out of there because I was a woman. I was harass, discriminated and not treated fairly. I learned to do my station. They put people anywhere and only move the men. Its a very biased company. The management from Sweden are so sweet, but they let bad management take control. Employees are so in distress that they would leave the line and not come back. Some employees have Team Leaders that care you and help you grow. I was not fortunate. Its capable of being the best company to work for in SC. Too many mixed cultures and they dont care. Only numbers for the cars. Everyone makes mistakes in there and they are looking at the women on the line. Everyone is stress out, coming in doing drugs and drinking to block out the disparity. I am fighting to get my job back or reparations because I really worked hard and to get let go unfairly. I dont know how they are sleeping at night doing this to me. Good. Again high turnover rate and they dont care after all they invested.
Pros
leasing Volvo vehicles and good pay
Cons
too much overtime and they lie all the time about everything. No life, no 2nd shift for assembly workers, long walk to station, nothing is equal. Its the ball that you are bounced.
bra miljö
montör på volvo personvagna (Former Employee) –  Torslanda2 April 2019
bra arbetsplats med bra kamrater och chefer samt bra lön för enkelt jobb
Pros
bra lön
Cons
korta raster
Fijne werkomgeving, mens staat centraal
Quality processes, systems & tools (Former Employee) –  Oost-Vlaanderen1 April 2019
prima bedrijf met duidelijke misie en visie, waarin de mens, zowel klant als medewerker, centraal staat. Goede ontplooings-mogelijkheden. Internationaal georienteerd met kansen op werk in het buitenland. Zeer leerrijk!
Great place if you have no life
Logistics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ridgeville, SC18 March 2019
Poor management. No one there that's in a superintendent and up are qualified for their positions. They come up with processes that make your job unnecessarily tedious. They do not implement feedback from employees. HR lied and said that they rarely do overtime, yet my first day of the floor until I departed the company, I have worked mandatory overtime. 60 hours a week mandatory. They do not give you time off when you request it. They show favoritism to employees that suck up to them. They constantly threaten your job if you have an emergency and can't come in or need to leave. There is no work life balance. They do not care for their employees. All team members are expendable and not truly valued.
Pros
Paycheck is on time
Cons
Short breaks, management is poor, hr is poor, long hours, no time off, no appreciation
Vrt
Praktik (Former Employee) –  Göteborg13 March 2019
Just nu är mitt examensarbete fortfarande pågående där jag gör ett Six Sigma Green belt projekt.
Toffe job , wel hard werken en veel mensen aan drugs . Kunnen ze je niet uitsaan pesten ze je buiten.
Productiemedewerkster (Former Employee) –  Oostakker18 February 2019
Hele tofge job , sociale collegas . Wel erg in groepen verdeeld en pesten mensen zo buiten . 1 x pech met auto = ontslag (onwettig afwezig)
Pros
Grote refter zoals lunch garden en goedkoop, gratis koffie en thee
Cons
Bijvoorbeeld panne auto en niet met taxi gaan = ontslag
Very poor management
Auto Porter (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO12 February 2019
The management at Volvo doesn’t even come close to caring about their employees. They care about taking home a big paycheck while doing as little work as possible.
Omvälvande och produktiv
Truckförare/Lagerarbetare (Former Employee) –  Torslanda26 January 2019
Väldigt fin arbetsmiljö produktivt och högt tempo med olika arbetsuppgifter.Goda kamrater och en känsla av tillhörighet i själva företaget.
Pros
Bonus löner varje år
Productieve werkomgeving
Productieoperator (Former Employee) –  Gent20 January 2019
Bandwerk. Routine. Monteren van auto-onderdelen aan de wagens op verschillende werkposten in het bedrijf op hoog tempo.
Pros
Uitgebreide keuken.
Cons
Weinig doorgroeimogelijkheden.
So mismanaged
Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Rockleigh, NJ4 January 2019
No idea what they are doing. Poor leadership, no direction. Lots of turn over in key areas. Directions and priorities change constantly and all key lead roles are folks from Sweden who don't know US business or workforce.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Horrible leadership
Lärorik upplevelse
Montör (Former Employee) –  Skövde3 January 2019
Jag hade en lärorik upplevelse då genom att öka förståelsen för hur fabriksarbete är samt hur fabriksarbete går till. Detta var helt nytt för mig och jag tycker att jag definitivt har gått därifrån med rikare kunskap.
Pros
Möjlighet att jobba övertid
Cons
Låg nivå på utbildningen
Productive and dinamic job
Gestión de garantías (Former Employee) –  Ciudad de México, D. F.11 December 2018
This agency is in general terms so eficient and over-fulled with extra work. As a aprendice i could learn a lot of things meanwhile i was at my university...
Samen werken
Operator (Former Employee) –  Gent10 December 2018
Samen werken en samen spannen zo gaan we goed voorhuid
Pros
Veel collega’s
Cons
Ver van huis
Fun and Outgoing work environment with great people
Outbound Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ridgeville, SC9 December 2018
Love working here. People are so great and always an enjoyment going to work everyday. All employees are enthusiastic about their job and are always upbeat each and every day.
Stressigt och utmanade
Montör, Lagledare (Former Employee) –  Torslanda15 November 2018
Bra arbetsplats för en ung person utan familj. Längst ner i näringskedjan är det väldigt stressigt och mycket krav som inte alltid går att levera helt.
Pros
Bra lön och semester
Cons
Stressigt och slitsamt
Bra arbetsplats
Operatör/Montör (Former Employee) –  Göteborg11 November 2018
Det finns möjligheter för dem som vill / kan visa upp sig.
Inte min typ av arbete.
Flexpool/timanställd (Current Employee) –  Torslanda27 October 2018
Jag jobbade som flexpool på Volvo cars. Ansökte om jobberbjudanden i några veckor och dom hade inga arbetstillfällen för mig.
Med tiden började dom ignorera mina meddelanden och svarar nu inte alls. Skulle lära mig att arbeta med bilarna men det slutade med att jag fick gå runt och städa hela tiden för att dom inte hade någon som kunde hjälpa mig.
Pros
Bra med raster
Cons
Dåligt ledarskap samt chef
tack
volvo (Former Employee) –  Göteborg24 October 2018
hej Volvo jag är arbetssökande vill jobba hos er går det bra,,,,,,,,,
rolig arbetsplats
Praktik (Former Employee) –  Torslanda19 October 2018
lärde mig väldigt mycket under rmin praktik där. alla var väldigt trevliga

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volvo Car Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.