Volkswagen Employee Reviews

Good work life balance
Company Car Accountant (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON10 August 2018
Good work life balance. Encourage working from home, open environments. Flexible hours available and good easy end location, without traffic. Good benefits.
Pros
Flexible hours
Office Drama
CONFIDENTIAL (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 August 2018
Mixing blue-collar mechanics with white-collar sales reps makes for a lot of office drama. The sales reps walk around with inflated egos, treating admin and mechanics as if they are beneath them.Sales Managers are lazy and rarely do anything for themselves, instead outsourcing to the admin team and then taking credit for the work. There is constant gossip and rumors circling the office.
Pros
Large, bright office, mix of different types of employees, workload varies
Cons
Big egos, no raises/reviews unless you ask for them
Troubleshooting agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 August 2018
Really good work. For young people it is really a big advantage because of the hours and how the scheduel is done very week end so you always have the choice of choosing your hours
VW are german
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON23 July 2018
Old mentality of doing things needs to come to 2018 need to provide more to the employee to make them feel like part of a true team and stuff as well.
Pros
commission
Volkswagen
Southgate Auto Loans Director (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 July 2018
I thoroughly love this brand and company. Before entering car sales I had little to no interest in vehicles and how they performed. Going onto three years later and I have a much higher respect and understanding for what it takes to design and build a car that drives well but also feels and handles substantially better than the competition.

I believe that with this new experience and thinking, I would happily drive Volkswagen from here on out.
Pros
Working with a product I genuinely can endorse and talk about
Under appreciated
Senior Finance Manager, Full time (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2018
This was not a happy exit. At the time I was looking into the possibility of re-locating to Ontario. They hired a new GSM and he fired me because I was simply looking into the prospect of moving to be back with my family. This new GSM prior to that was very difficult to work for and he was incredibly rude to customers and employees.
Awesome place to work
Lot Attendant (Co-op Position) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2018
Employees of Volkswagen Midtown Toronto was very helpful and feels like a family. It was wonderful experience and i learned a lot about automotive dealership. Its great start for my career.
Lovely company not a large amount of room for advancement
Detailer (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 May 2018
Great company to work for, always hears you out, treats you like a human being which is a lot for large corporations. Just really not much room for job advancement.
A very fun and positive place to work at
WARRANTY ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC18 April 2018
This place has gone through some rocky times with its high turnover rate but the staff who have stayed are solid and very fun to work with. Manager is great and easy going. Pay was something argued about though because it was initially agreed upon with the former GM who later ended up leaving so I had to debate to get what I agreed upon.
Pros
Staff, Management, Environment
Great Work Culture
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 April 2018
Always a helping hand around, very team oriented environment, lots of laughs and fun place to be, very professional atmosphere while still respecting work/life balance. A company that cares about you!
Pros
Positive environment
Productive and very busy place
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 March 2018
Great company to work for. Managers and co-workers are working toward a common goal, and the work culture cultivated a very friendly environment. Workplace Options offers a challenging and productive work environment.
Otma
Montador (Current Employee) –  QUALQUER LUGAR16 March 2018
Uma ótima empresa , de qualidade.

Fácil localização e ambiente bom para se trabalhar
great staff
310s automotive service technician (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 March 2018
staff there is really great. easy to get along with. training is always up to date with all of their employees. plan company trips. social committee does random events
Pros
company planned trips
Cons
one of the better car lots to work for in the city, as a salesman
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2018
Working for other dealerships i will say this was one of the better in the city, there monthly guarantee salary was very decent. the employees on the sales floor were decent to work with, wasn't to much "sharking" at this place, however fair warning most of the staff here are die hard VW fans and everything else is just a joke in the eyes of most. so fair warning you may stand out if you don't think VW is superior. Most of the managers are fairly decent there and actually offer good support and advice when it comes to business, i only had a problem with one manager, the negative mood swings of this individual on days would really lower the morale of the department. overall not a bad place to work arguably one of my more favored dealerships to work for.

Rarely does management hand out phone lists! they do have weekly phone training, its a bit tedious but not to bad, how ever no pages of clients to call, Rare to be doing cold calls here
Pros
free lunch every Saturday, great monthly guarantee, rarely have to do cold calls
Cons
typically 6 days work weeks, frowned on for not attending events during non work days
productive and fun
car detailer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 February 2018
Volkswagen was a wonderful experience. Everyone always made it a exciting day. It was a fast working environment but very steady at the same time. great place overall
Pros
free food
Cons
nothing
Unethical dealership
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB15 February 2018
One of the most unethical places to work. The pay is good but that is just to keep you working there. It is only about numbers in the end doesn't matter how they get them
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB13 February 2018
I really love my job but looking to advance my career and settle down with my partner. We are happy here in Medicine Hat but are both willing to relocate for our happiness.
Pros
Love the job and the customers
Cons
No room to advance internally
Old building with no server
Pre-Owned Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 February 2018
General sales manager is very old school and set in his ways, Wants control of everything, This company will never go forward with his way of thinking. Still thinks it's 1990.
Pros
Great General Manager and employees
Cons
Still in yesterdays world.
expérience ça va salaire et assurance maladie ça va pas
Receptionist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  ZARZIS1 February 2018
Vraiment c'est une bonne expérience , j appris beaucoup des choses,
confidence en sois, motivation, travaille en groupe et la responsabilité ect...

globalement bien mais salaire ça convienne pas avec mes effort voila
Pros
heure de pose bien
Cons
pas assurance maladie transports
Very negative work enviroment
Product Adviser - Sales Management (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 January 2018
A typical work day I would stock in vehicles that came in on trade and /or we bought at auction. I would enter the vehicles information into our computer system and then send out any work orders for safety and clean up of the vehicle. I also managed the online account and posted vehicles online(auto trader- company website-Kijiji). I also managed our online auction account. I would post photos and any claims or reports against vehicles and post them online for auction.
I also sold used vehicles from a retail stand point. dealt with customers and also helped manage staff.
Pros
Close to home, Clean office envoirment
Cons
Managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volkswagen. Our community is ready to answer.

52K