Volkswagen Employee Reviews

Under appreciated
Senior Finance Manager, Full time (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2018
This was not a happy exit. At the time I was looking into the possibility of re-locating to Ontario. They hired a new GSM and he fired me because I was simply looking into the prospect of moving to be back with my family. This new GSM prior to that was very difficult to work for and he was incredibly rude to customers and employees.
Lovely company not a large amount of room for advancement
Detailer (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 May 2018
Great company to work for, always hears you out, treats you like a human being which is a lot for large corporations. Just really not much room for job advancement.
A very fun and positive place to work at
WARRANTY ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC18 April 2018
This place has gone through some rocky times with its high turnover rate but the staff who have stayed are solid and very fun to work with. Manager is great and easy going. Pay was something argued about though because it was initially agreed upon with the former GM who later ended up leaving so I had to debate to get what I agreed upon.
Pros
Staff, Management, Environment
Great Work Culture
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 April 2018
Always a helping hand around, very team oriented environment, lots of laughs and fun place to be, very professional atmosphere while still respecting work/life balance. A company that cares about you!
Pros
Positive environment
Productive and very busy place
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 March 2018
Great company to work for. Managers and co-workers are working toward a common goal, and the work culture cultivated a very friendly environment. Workplace Options offers a challenging and productive work environment.
Otma
Montador (Current Employee) –  QUALQUER LUGAR16 March 2018
Uma ótima empresa , de qualidade.

Fácil localização e ambiente bom para se trabalhar
great staff
310s automotive service technician (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 March 2018
staff there is really great. easy to get along with. training is always up to date with all of their employees. plan company trips. social committee does random events
Pros
company planned trips
Cons
one of the better car lots to work for in the city, as a salesman
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2018
Working for other dealerships i will say this was one of the better in the city, there monthly guarantee salary was very decent. the employees on the sales floor were decent to work with, wasn't to much "sharking" at this place, however fair warning most of the staff here are die hard VW fans and everything else is just a joke in the eyes of most. so fair warning you may stand out if you don't think VW is superior. Most of the managers are fairly decent there and actually offer good support and advice when it comes to business, i only had a problem with one manager, the negative mood swings of this individual on days would really lower the morale of the department. overall not a bad place to work arguably one of my more favored dealerships to work for.

Rarely does management hand out phone lists! they do have weekly phone training, its a bit tedious but not to bad, how ever no pages of clients to call, Rare to be doing cold calls here
Pros
free lunch every Saturday, great monthly guarantee, rarely have to do cold calls
Cons
typically 6 days work weeks, frowned on for not attending events during non work days
productive and fun
car detailer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 February 2018
Volkswagen was a wonderful experience. Everyone always made it a exciting day. It was a fast working environment but very steady at the same time. great place overall
Pros
free food
Cons
nothing
Unethical dealership
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB15 February 2018
One of the most unethical places to work. The pay is good but that is just to keep you working there. It is only about numbers in the end doesn't matter how they get them
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB13 February 2018
I really love my job but looking to advance my career and settle down with my partner. We are happy here in Medicine Hat but are both willing to relocate for our happiness.
Pros
Love the job and the customers
Cons
No room to advance internally
Old building with no server
Pre-Owned Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 February 2018
General sales manager is very old school and set in his ways, Wants control of everything, This company will never go forward with his way of thinking. Still thinks it's 1990.
Pros
Great General Manager and employees
Cons
Still in yesterdays world.
expérience ça va salaire et assurance maladie ça va pas
Receptionist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  ZARZIS1 February 2018
Vraiment c'est une bonne expérience , j appris beaucoup des choses,
confidence en sois, motivation, travaille en groupe et la responsabilité ect...

globalement bien mais salaire ça convienne pas avec mes effort voila
Pros
heure de pose bien
Cons
pas assurance maladie transports
Very negative work enviroment
Product Adviser - Sales Management (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 January 2018
A typical work day I would stock in vehicles that came in on trade and /or we bought at auction. I would enter the vehicles information into our computer system and then send out any work orders for safety and clean up of the vehicle. I also managed the online account and posted vehicles online(auto trader- company website-Kijiji). I also managed our online auction account. I would post photos and any claims or reports against vehicles and post them online for auction.
I also sold used vehicles from a retail stand point. dealt with customers and also helped manage staff.
Pros
Close to home, Clean office envoirment
Cons
Managment
what i learned
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 January 2018
i learned how to do oil changes, use the tire machines, how to bleed brakes, change fuel pumps, wash cars, and to change brakes. i liked working here for work experience because the people here were awesome and really nice.
Good earning potential
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 October 2017
Great Product. Attracts qualified customers. Family type atmosphere. Regular schedule however must be flexible to work around the timeline of the client.
Great
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  GTA11 October 2017
Being in sales - management or non management, the day would go by looking into sales targets. Calling customers or helping sales people make appointments.

People skills all the time.

Great culture and friendly.

Hardest part - not being busy sometimes.

Enjoyable part - being busy all the time.
Pros
Distance, money and SELLING!
Cons
Sunday closed.
Enjoyed the tasks at hand
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 September 2017
I enjoyed working there while I was kept, I only had a couple of co-workers I didn't particularly love working with but it was still a job I liked working at with many things I got to learn.
mauvaise gestion
Préposée à l'esthétique (Former Employee) –  Terrebonne, QC21 September 2017
La gestion met beaucoup de pression sur les employé.
Productive and efficient shop
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  North York, ON14 September 2017
The staff are friendly and helpful. The garage is busy but you get what you asked for when it comes to services rendered. Great experience working here