Volkswagen

Volkswagen Employee Reviews

Canada280 reviews

Found 280 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,141 reviews
vwdealershipcarvehiclesaleshopfriendlyservice

Great relationship built with individual specialist

Was a fun and interesting experience having to execute upon the writer’s script. Filming from the start, using new equipment, adjusting variables such as location and weather conditions to editing, exploring new techniques and completing the final editing process, it was full of excitement and a good chance to exercise creative execution alongside with Volkswagen specialist.

Pros

Free dinner

Cons

Fast

Productive Environment

The office location is newly renovated. There is collaboration space and offices for private meetings as needed. The cafe is awesome with subsidized food and free coffee for everyone.

Insights into Volkswagen

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Very poor

Poor leadership in all levels. Coupled with a company that does not care. Very stressful and lots of hoops to jump through. Avoid for your sanity. A lots of warranty and very hard to make decent time. No support at all from upper management. We lost 4 techs in. Month.

Good company to work for

Worked here for a few months and quickly advanced and absolutely loved all the people I worked with. Very good environment to be in. Recommend this place to most

Pros

Amazing coworkers

Cons

Little pay

Good culture but can be fast paced at times. Compensation is not the greatest but the employee car lease program is really good. Overall it is a good place to work even if growth opportunities may be limited

Good atmosphere

Good place to work with kind people. Can ask questions good training. Taking vacation seems hard but overall good employer. Christmas parties are good

High volume shop

My time here was very busy as it is a very high traffic shop, I would work here again forsure. I only left to pursue other opportunities with better pay.

Fair place to work

- Good colleagues.- Management is not professional but OK.- Shop environment is not bad- 1 bay per technician / apprentice.- Good brand to learn ICE vehicle.

Pros

Free gift card on Christmas and Thanks giving holidays.

Cons

Employee d/c is not cheap

Good workplace

Good place to work, some room for advancement, pay isnt ideal and some small management issues but overall not bad, pretty straightforward work and can be quite fun at times

Great place to work with a good team

Everyone there is friendly, they promote from within, staff is treated like family, company events, barbecues potlucks throughout the year overall fantastic place to work

Pros

Free lunches on Saturday employee discounts

Slow Not Busy and Blind leading the Blind

Management has no clue about the automotive industry A totally absent owner Not willing to try new processes and proceduresAbsolutely ZERO accountability High expectations of staff but no tools to achieve the expectations

Pros

Once a month there is pizza day. Hahaha

Cons

Everything literally Everything

Don't work here

As a person that works for the company, I advise you to stay away. It's toxic they don't value you all they care about is their pocket. It is a revolving door in the service and sales department. They can't keep a manager if their life depended on it. Stay clear!

Unbelievable....False information given about culture and environment. Once on board a completely different environment was revealed..

As Service Manager a lengthy hiring/onboarding process was understandable. Information about this organization given was false and untrue in terms of culture, general management and corporate management support. MASSIVE employee turnover in many cases with no reasonable explanation. I would STRONGLY recommend avoiding any business dealings with Oakville Volkswagen and or Weins Automotive Group. They do not have their staff in their best interest. For that matter, nor do they have their customers in their best interest either. It will be a stain on your resume. This industry is smaller then you might think. Just ask around and obtain some feedback. Do your homework as you will quickly find this to be true. Shame on me for not doing my homework on this company.

Pros

zero

Cons

everything

Barrie Volkswagen

This place has more turn around for new employment, plenty of over paid big wigs. That over work detailers, lot attendants. Advisors Etc.Do not be fooled by there friendly approach all a bunch of snakes in the grass.

Pros

Free lunch on Saturdays.

Cons

Over worked, you never know what your job title is.

Lazy Advisors

Advisors are lazy. Was there for 3 months and never received a uniform or a picture for the website. The advisors are lazy and don’t communicate with customers. Never was able to reach a bonus for CSI or shop capacity. The manager and assistant manager are nice. But need to get that place in order.

Pros

Cons

6 days a week, 9 hour days. No bonuses

Poor management

The sales management in this dealership is lacking in training and direction for new sales people. I would not recommend working here if it is your first time in sales.

Pros

Saturday lunches provided

Cons

No work life balance

Fun workplace

This company offers great benefits, and also a lot of opportunities for apprenticeships for service technician. Great for somebody looking to become a mechanic

Sometimes fun but stressful

Stressful and fast paced environment, lots of physical labour. Demanding management, low pay.Not lots of parking onsiteGood employee discount on cars though

Positive Work place

I have worked for Simcoe Volkswagen for over 3 and 1/2 years. Co- workers are always positive, service and sales are always working together as a team. This dealership always has the customer best interest at heart and getting to know the customers in a small community, is what has kept me here for the past 3 years and years to come. Management is always supportive and encourages growth with in the company. Over all I enjoy coming into work every day and am very lucky to be here.

Pros

Great company to work for!

Everyone is friendly and it makes a good work experience! Always learning something new every day, keeps things interesting! Looking forward to selling more cars!

Total disaster

This place in white rock has no management at all. Changing 4 managers in a year. It’s a total disaster with minimum management. My manager denied to update my ita hours which I lost almost no 1000 workplace hours for apprenticeship program. If you’re a tech looking for a job, don’t come here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volkswagen. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement