Volkswagen Employee Reviews

Found 168 reviews matching the search See all 4,641 reviews
ambiance de travaille agréable
Réceptionniste (Former Employee) –  Mascouche, QC15 January 2019
les directeurs prennent soins de leurs employer et les traites biens comme une famille
Productive fun place to work
Detailer/Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC29 November 2018
Feels like working with your best friends. Management is friendly and the door is always open for questions or concerns. Everyone has VW car culture and welcomes you to join in.
Pros
Lunch every friday during summer.
Don't do it
Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB28 November 2018
Worked at Southland Volkswagen for 2 weeks. They were doing an indoor sale at the old target in the mall and were hiring detailers. After 2 weeks, another recent hire & myself were dismissed because they hired too many detailers.
Incredibly unprofessional
People are great, management poor
Wash Bay Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 October 2018
Management play favourites to select individuals. Management does not care about your schedule and workload and just overload you with even more work and it ends up affecting overall quality of work.
Pros
Really friendly coworkers
Cons
Very little opportunities for promotion
was a good job got layed off
apprentice automotive technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 October 2018
stared shadowing a second year apprentice, he taught me the way to look over cars and how to handle myself around the shop in an organized and timely manor. then i was moved to my own lift and had my own tools and tool box where i would do work for the next 8 or so months till they let me go due to not being enough work. i had EI for some time after that but they did not rehire me.
Pros
free lunch on weekend work days
Cons
promising things they couldn't deliver on
Great company
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON14 October 2018
Was nice to have an opportunity to work for them, without specific VW training.
Coming in as a new guy you get stuck at the bottom and have to work your way up.
Otherwise nice shop
Great work environment but poor salary
Car detailing (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON13 October 2018
I have no issues with comfortable and safe working environment at this dealership the managers are very professional and friendly. The staff great and fun to work with. You get help when you need it and the shop foreman is very knowledgeable and quick at finding solutions. The only hardest part of the job was only during month end where vehicles get sold at the last minute and have to have it ready for the customer which sometimes can really accumulate to the point of affecting the quality of the vehicle presentation.
Pros
Great staff and fun environment to work
Cons
Very poor pay
Résumé
Représentant aux ventes (Current Employee) –  La Marque (24)6 October 2018
Très belle expérience sur la parallèle de travail sur sois même et de remplir les critères et objectif qu'on se fixe nous même.
Pros
Petite famille
Good managemnt team
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Ontario2 October 2018
Everyone use to help each other whenevr help was needed.
Marketing is not easy task but if u have talent and good communication skills , selling can be ur finger tip task.
Duties in the accounting department
LOGISTICS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  GREECE24 September 2018
There was different jobs that i had to do, for example from the first until ten every month, we had to organized all the invoices from all the branch offices and recorded in the system for the monthly results.
From the tenth until the end of month there was a reconciliation of the accounts as a variety of banks,credit cards,customers cards.
I learned a lot of thinks in the accounting department.
The hardest part of the job was the annual balance sheet
fun place to work
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 September 2018
family environment and a lot of fun. I started as a no experience business manager and i felt more than welcomed right away. everyone is working as a team in the same direction and that counts a lot.
Good work life balance
Company Car Accountant (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON10 August 2018
Good work life balance. Encourage working from home, open environments. Flexible hours available and good easy end location, without traffic. Good benefits.
Pros
Flexible hours
Office Drama
CONFIDENTIAL (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 August 2018
Mixing blue-collar mechanics with white-collar sales reps makes for a lot of office drama. The sales reps walk around with inflated egos, treating admin and mechanics as if they are beneath them.Sales Managers are lazy and rarely do anything for themselves, instead outsourcing to the admin team and then taking credit for the work. There is constant gossip and rumors circling the office.
Pros
Large, bright office, mix of different types of employees, workload varies
Cons
Big egos, no raises/reviews unless you ask for them
Troubleshooting agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 August 2018
Really good work. For young people it is really a big advantage because of the hours and how the scheduel is done very week end so you always have the choice of choosing your hours
VW are german
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON23 July 2018
Old mentality of doing things needs to come to 2018 need to provide more to the employee to make them feel like part of a true team and stuff as well.
Pros
commission
Volkswagen
Southgate Auto Loans Director (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 July 2018
I thoroughly love this brand and company. Before entering car sales I had little to no interest in vehicles and how they performed. Going onto three years later and I have a much higher respect and understanding for what it takes to design and build a car that drives well but also feels and handles substantially better than the competition.

I believe that with this new experience and thinking, I would happily drive Volkswagen from here on out.
Pros
Working with a product I genuinely can endorse and talk about
Under appreciated
Senior Finance Manager, Full time (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2018
This was not a happy exit. At the time I was looking into the possibility of re-locating to Ontario. They hired a new GSM and he fired me because I was simply looking into the prospect of moving to be back with my family. This new GSM prior to that was very difficult to work for and he was incredibly rude to customers and employees.
Awesome place to work
Lot Attendant (Co-op Position) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2018
Employees of Volkswagen Midtown Toronto was very helpful and feels like a family. It was wonderful experience and i learned a lot about automotive dealership. Its great start for my career.
Lovely company not a large amount of room for advancement
Detailer (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 May 2018
Great company to work for, always hears you out, treats you like a human being which is a lot for large corporations. Just really not much room for job advancement.
A very fun and positive place to work at
WARRANTY ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC18 April 2018
This place has gone through some rocky times with its high turnover rate but the staff who have stayed are solid and very fun to work with. Manager is great and easy going. Pay was something argued about though because it was initially agreed upon with the former GM who later ended up leaving so I had to debate to get what I agreed upon.
Pros
Staff, Management, Environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Volkswagen. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K