Voith Group

Voith Group Employee Reviews

Canada46 reviews

Busy but disorganized, work is always away from home

Good pay, but spending 3/4 of your life away from home is not ideal for people with a family. Asking for time off generally means you'll be getting a layoff with no return date

Pros

Free room and board, good pay

Cons

Away from home for 3 weeks or longer

Was a tough job climbing under grates with a 3 foot crawl

50% of the work is nasty, dirty, low moral, weak pay.While everyone else that doesn't work for voith are making twice as much.Keep the worker making beans and management racks up the $$$$.Its who u know at this job, if u want too get ahead. If your a good worker, they let u rot there

Good company

Good company, but instable management. Too many changes in the business policy and strategies. Job insecurity is high. Employes are overloaded with work.

Management has no idea

On site management is unsupportive of on site personnel. Head office management in Quebec is unsupportive of on site management. If you are not French, they look down on you. I was told that I'd have a job for 1.5-2 years but was laid off due to "head office mandated budget cuts" after ten weeks. Voith does not budget properly to insure employees have proper tools & equipment to perform assigned tasks. On site management does not adequately communicate with on site employees. On site managers micro manage constantly. Site admins are undermined by poor communication from management. Nepotism in on site office undermines admins efforts to effectively support on site employees. Overall a poor experience.

Cons

Poor management makes for a poor work environment

Work Environment is tied to market conditions

Voith is in a very competitive market space and the dynamics of the company are tied to performance of existing projects and the success rate of winning new projects. It is a good place to work if you are adaptable and open to change.

Belle entreprise

J’ai aimé travaillé chez Voith Juste la compagnie a demenager au USA

Great Company

Great company to work for. Everyone has the same goal in mind to provide the best customer service and expand our knowledge on our own products. Culture overall is great.

Good place to learn but little room for advancement within IT

Great place to cut your teeth and learn. However opportunities are lacking for advancement within the IT field. Globally run company with headquarters in Germany. Most development and testing is driving from this Germany Head office. If you're content with being in a single position, then this is place for you.

Great Company

The company and job was fine, I had just finished college and was looking for work to help pay off my schooling. The night shift was not for me so i gave them my two week notice and found something more suitable for myself.

Industrial janitorial and other tasks were performed

I was only a few years with Voith. I truly enjoyed working at the Ford motor company, but was let go after sustaining an injury to the knee. The management put it to a preexisting injury, which never occurred in my life time. It became very much a pressure situation to step back out of the job. The tasks, while not complicated, are very physical and at times were quite exhausting. Yet, if teamed up with a good team, the tasks were pleasant to fulfill

Voith Hydro encourages learning and hands on involvment.

Work with Voith was challenging mostly due to the technical nature of the work. Wide spectrum of work ranges from simple and minute to massive components with tolerances within a thousands of an inch. Work experiances covered all aspects of the water works required for hydro generation, the power and pressure tolerances, generation of extreme voltage and amperage, transforming, distributing and the safeguards. The technical and critical handeling and lifting of thousands of components for removal and installation. Coordination of manpower, trades, tools and equipment was a logistical nightmare that deserves untold attention to detail. Very rewarding work.

Pros

Highly trained professionals

Ambiance de travail

Ambiance de travail agréable et jeune . Bonne situation géographique

It was a great experience

It was really great to work with Voith, I worked there for 3 years and I was promoted twice. There is great team work and everyone was helping me through my progress. The hardest part was the stress of deadlines.

Professional work environment.

Voith Hydro Mississauga OU employed highly educated, multinational and motivated group of people. It was the work place where you can learn something new every day. Multi-disciplinary team of professionals worked together to renovate and upgrade Hydro Power generating units across Canada and USA. It was the place where you enjoy every workday. Unfortunately, business decision at the corporate level lead to the reorganisation of the North American operation and the Voith Hydro Mississauga OU was reduce from the engineering center to the coil production and service facility with only few people remain.

Pros

4 Voith Days (1 extra day for each summer long weekend)

Summary

• Fast learner with keen eye • Able to work well on a team and independently • Task oriented Punctual team player with flexible schedule and G license

An okay place to work

I think its absolutely ridiculous that you have to write down a review of the company you no longer work for because of whatever reason.i dont know anything that would be of help.

productive workplace

Workplace culture is amazing.Supportive management and approachable senior engineers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the learning session and some engineerig team meetin

Work environment is very good. People are supportive.

It is a good place to work and learn from very experienced people. People are very supportive in completing the projects together as a team. Management gives you flexibility to make decisions.

Excellent company to work for. Very fair and generous

A typical day start about 7am. Travel to the mill spend a hour discussing there machine problem. About two hours evaluating the problem spend 6 to 24 hours coming up with the reason for the problem and how to cure it and then usually took the engineer, production Manager and the Paper Machine into a meeting to discuss it all with them and depending on the time I would also take them to supper or lunch. The next day or a few days later catch a flight back home and spend usually 3 hours writing up a report and then prepare for the next assignment.

Pros

All expenses paid by Voith

Cons

Long hours and lots of time away from home

Excellent place to work

Financially solid, great technological solutions, long term vision. I can work from home and come to the office occasionnally. This is great flexibility. Ambiance of thrust, team work. Customer oriented.

Great place to work with job oriented people.

Good environment in general with people that are happy to work there. You can either travel a lot or stay at the office. A lot to learn and work for. If you're willing to learn they will teach you and you can bring new ideas to the table.

Pros

Friendly environment.

Cons

Communication with work site.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Voith Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement