Voith Group

Voith Group Employee Reviews

Canada44 reviews
Good company, but instable management. Too many changes in the business policy and strategies. Job insecurity is high. Employes are overloaded with work.
On site management is unsupportive of on site personnel. Head office management in Quebec is unsupportive of on site management. If you are not French, they look down on you. I was told that I'd have a job for 1.5-2 years but was laid off due to "head office mandated budget cuts" after ten weeks. Voith does not budget properly to insure employees have proper tools & equipment to perform assigned tasks. On site management does not adequately communicate with on site employees. On site managers micro manage constantly. Site admins are undermined by poor communication from management. Nepotism in on site office undermines admins efforts to effectively support on site employees. Overall a poor experience.
Cons
Poor management makes for a poor work environment
Voith is in a very competitive market space and the dynamics of the company are tied to performance of existing projects and the success rate of winning new projects. It is a good place to work if you are adaptable and open to change.
J’ai aimé travaillé chez Voith
Juste la compagnie a demenager au USA
Great company to work for. Everyone has the same goal in mind to provide the best customer service and expand our knowledge on our own products. Culture overall is great.
Great place to cut your teeth and learn. However opportunities are lacking for advancement within the IT field.

Globally run company with headquarters in Germany. Most development and testing is driving from this Germany Head office.

If you're content with being in a single position, then this is place for you.
The company and job was fine, I had just finished college and was looking for work to help pay off my schooling. The night shift was not for me so i gave them my two week notice and found something more suitable for myself.
I was only a few years with Voith. I truly enjoyed working at the Ford motor company, but was let go after sustaining an injury to the knee. The management put it to a preexisting injury, which never occurred in my life time. It became very much a pressure situation to step back out of the job.
The tasks, while not complicated, are very physical and at times were quite exhausting. Yet, if teamed up with a good team, the tasks were pleasant to fulfill
Work with Voith was challenging mostly due to the technical nature of the work.
Wide spectrum of work ranges from simple and minute to massive components with tolerances within a thousands of an inch.

Work experiances covered all aspects of the water works required for hydro generation, the power and pressure tolerances, generation of extreme voltage and amperage, transforming, distributing and the safeguards.

The technical and critical handeling and lifting of thousands of components for removal and installation.

Coordination of manpower, trades, tools and equipment was a logistical nightmare that deserves untold attention to detail.

Very rewarding work.
Pros
Highly trained professionals
Ambiance de travail agréable et jeune . Bonne situation géographique
It was really great to work with Voith, I worked there for 3 years and I was promoted twice.
There is great team work and everyone was helping me through my progress.

The hardest part was the stress of deadlines.
Voith Hydro Mississauga OU employed highly educated, multinational and motivated group of people. It was the work place where you can learn something new every day. Multi-disciplinary team of professionals worked together to renovate and upgrade Hydro Power generating units across Canada and USA. It was the place where you enjoy every workday. Unfortunately, business decision at the corporate level lead to the reorganisation of the North American operation and the Voith Hydro Mississauga OU was reduce from the engineering center to the coil production and service facility with only few people remain.
Pros
4 Voith Days (1 extra day for each summer long weekend)
• Fast learner with keen eye
• Able to work well on a team and independently

• Task oriented

Punctual team player with flexible schedule and G license
I think its absolutely ridiculous that you have to write down a review of the company you no longer work for because of whatever reason.i dont know anything that would be of help.
Workplace culture is amazing.Supportive management and approachable senior engineers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the learning session and some engineerig team meetin
It is a good place to work and learn from very experienced people. People are very supportive in completing the projects together as a team.
Management gives you flexibility to make decisions.
A typical day start about 7am. Travel to the mill spend a hour discussing there machine problem. About two hours evaluating the problem spend 6 to 24 hours coming up with the reason for the problem and how to cure it and then usually took the engineer, production Manager and the Paper Machine into a meeting to discuss it all with them and depending on the time I would also take them to supper or lunch. The next day or a few days later catch a flight back home and spend usually 3 hours writing up a report and then prepare for the next assignment.
Pros
All expenses paid by Voith
Cons
Long hours and lots of time away from home
Financially solid, great technological solutions, long term vision.
I can work from home and come to the office occasionnally. This is great flexibility. Ambiance of thrust, team work. Customer oriented.
Good environment in general with people that are happy to work there. You can either travel a lot or stay at the office. A lot to learn and work for. If you're willing to learn they will teach you and you can bring new ideas to the table.
Pros
Friendly environment.
Cons
Communication with work site.
this company has little regard for personal and safety.
this is shown by the promotion of personal with poorest safety record as well as the continuous policy of placing unqualified personal in dangerous positions.

They released a safety manager yet kept a manager with a poor safety record.

They continue to fall short on implementing proper safety processes especially in ladder safety and confined space.
it was a boring long shift i was doing one thing then had to do all these different job it was just getting to hard on me not knowing what i had to do in one shift
Pros
steady hours
Cons
not knowing that i was doing