VOICES.COM

VOICES.COM Employee Reviews

Canada29 reviews
Great but went down hill
This was an awesome career and I was one of the top sales associates. That was until a new manager was hired with zero experience whom oversaw a team that was way too big her her and was a very catty immature woman whom had way to much on her plate and over her head. Playing favorites she limited my sales to under 5k unless she approved them which was nonsense since I would consistently make sales of 20k plus. Besides that it was a nice company but the CEO was terrible at hiring managers. I hear now it’s worse since I’ve left. They should work on finding managers who know how to control their emotions better.
Fantastic Company but really competitive
I have been using Voices.com for the past 6 months, and I found some fantastic audition through it, their customer service is also really helpful and provides you with the advice on how to improve your skills as a voice actor
no fun
Needs more time on employees, policy. Cutting edge in market and technology, not in workplace. Did not enjoy going to work, actual job was great. Environment no fun.
Not as good as it seems
When I first started at Voices I loved it there. As time went on I noticed a lot of unexplained dismissals, aggravated employees who had been there a while, and cliques of people who did not accept new people warmly.

I worked at Voices for over 2.5 years, and was only happy the first year to say the least. While the company pays well, there wasn't a lot of recognition for people who were making the company good money, rather the same recognition always going to the same top 3 performers.

Management was constantly introducing changes, way more then an acceptable amount, sometimes the changes were for the better, and sometimes they were confusing, unexplained, and made things much harder. The joke around the office was we worked at "Changes.COM"

The culture at Voices is a positive one, but sometimes it's fake. Like the time they fired 19 employees, and expected us all just to bounce back and not feel scared in the workplace that we were next.

The best part of working there for me was the money. Commissions were really good, and helped me put a down payment on a house.

I also liked the free lunches, as most people have commented, but does a free lunch really make a great workplace? It doesn't change the ever rising quota amounts, which get harder and harder to attain, it doesn't change the cliques of people who have been at the company since the beginning. It doesn't change living in fear at your job, or feeling like you can hardly keep up and you work from home constantly.
Pros
the money
Cons
work/life balance, cliques, management, too many changes
An Amazing Place To Work!
Working at Voices.com was an unforgettable and life changing experience both professionally and personally.

Working alongside such talented, professional, and friendly individuals made coming into work every day enjoyable.

Voices.com provides a wonderful work environment - allowing for continuous professional growth and a great work life balance. It’s a great place to grow and develop as a young professional and an exciting opportunity to work on notable projects with high profile clients.

Management, from both my direct manager and leadership team, was always constructive and encouraging and I could not have asked for better leadership.

Voices.com embodies everything that separates a “good” company from a “great” one and I am proud to have been part of such an outstanding team. I highly recommend this company to others!
Happy to be here - good vibes :)
-Amazing people that make me excited to come to work every day
-Supportive team in environment in sales - people genuinely want others to do well & you can tell based on how much people congratulate each other

-Compensation keeps improving

-Leaders truly care what the employees think - always asking for feedback of what is going well & what we could adjust

-doesn't feel cliquey

-High expectations for good results but there's still room for humor and laughs in the day
Pros
Nice people, friendly atmosphere, management is open to hearing from all employees
Cons
lots of changes but we're used to it now - just trying to keep improving!
A great place to work if you like a company that works hard and plays hard.
I have been at Voices.com for about 2.5 years and I still love it as much as I hoped I would when I first applied. I knew people who worked here and I knew how good the culture was before I started. When I was hired I was thrilled and I have worked hard to make sure they always want me.

The company values a positive culture and works very hard at making sure the right people are brought in to keep it going. If you don't mind putting in a solid effort at your job (as we all should) then you will be well regarded, rewarded and you will get to enjoy the fun that comes with being successful. Management always rewards the staff for their hard work and success. From staff lunches, parties to celebrate hitting goals, to various other monthly social events to keep the warm environment that we all love.
Pros
Great Culture, great colleagues, and a management team that always strives to improve and make it even better
Cons
A young company that grows quickly can sometimes have a stumble here or there. To be expected.
Young, fun, collaborative environment to work in
It is so refreshing to come into work every day with individuals who want to be here, who want to work hard, and who want to see the company be successful overall. My managers have been nothing but supportive, providing out-of-office learning opportunities whenever possible, and creating a relaxed atmosphere to work in.

Workplace culture has always been a crucial characteristic for this company, and it is reflected in the staff that work here and the activities that we get to do: free monthly breakfasts/lunches, baseball games, social events at work, charities to volunteer with, and much more. We're lucky to work for a company who values its employees' happiness.
Pros
Foosball, free breakfast/lunch, flexible hours, dynamic workplace culture
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at VOICES.COM?
Positive, professional, corporate work environment with great staff!
Since I started at Voices.com, I have been very happy to come in to work each day. The positive office atmosphere is inviting and contagious.

Senior management is very professional and as the company has grown, the appropriate organizational structure has been built. I enjoy working in small teams to accomplish large tasks and campaigns. Employee benefits and perks are great and special events provide a positive moral boost to employees.

The downtown London office is a beautiful, bright and open space to work in featuring 360 degree views of the downtown area (which is a nice bonus!). The company provides professional development opportunities to help employees continue to build their knowledge and skills. Working in both the entertainment and technology industries is also very exciting.

In closing, I would recommend Voices.com as a place of employment. The benefits and compensation are comparable to other companies, the work environment is very positive and high performing, management has a good vision for the future and no two days are never the same!
Pros
Great benefits, inviting company culture, high performance
Cons
As a growing company, there are mistakes to be made, however I have no major reservations
Awesome place to work!
The culture and people are amazing. Everyone is friendly - it’s like working with family. The environment is creative and the work is challenging, but rewarding. If you work hard, you will be rewarded for your efforts. You get to work with the latest systems and standing desks (if requested). I would recommend working here to anyone who is looking for a rewarding job that is fun!
Pros
Free Birthday Lunches, Social Activities, Cool & Unique Downtown Office Space
Great Workplace Atmosphere
Starting at voices.com was a great experience, I felt very welcomed by every member of the staff that I encountered every day. Whether it was bumping into someone from marketing at the coffee station or having a chat with the CEO about the path of the company 1 on 1. My opinion and presence is valued and I enjoy everyone I work with.
Pros
Free lunch once a month, great social committee events and hard work is rewarded.
Great people, challenging work!
Working at Voices.com, each day presents a new challenge. We are constantly learning and pushing ourselves to be better than the day before. Although this means a lot of change, the change is exciting and always for the benefit of the employees, our product, and our clients.

People that work here genuinely want to help each other succeed. They are always willing to answer questions, brainstorm, or give advice when you need it. Even the leadership team and CEO keep their doors open and are excited to talk when you stop by their offices.

The collaboration that takes place on a daily basis really drives our success. Whether you are working closely with the person you sit beside, or someone in a different team on the other side of the office, you know that you've got support. I've developed real friendships with the people I work with and am happy to call them my work family!
Pros
Collaborative culture, supportive peers, innovative strategies
Amazing place to work!
Working here has been a great experience so far for many reasons: The people are great, it's fast paced, innovative, and there are continuous learning opportunities. Here, your opinions and ideas are heard and it feels great!
Pros
Culture, work-life balance, benefits, management, systems, free parking
Love my time there
Coworkers are generally awesome. They hire a lot of smart people and the CEO tries really hard to make people happy. Technical employees and managers have it pretty good
Lots of lip service
Great place to work if you like to be fake and passive aggressive, and only if you're fresh out of school. All management is very unqualified, being promoted due to seniority not qualifications - really a popularity contest. If you are qualified they don't want you - you ask too many questions and make too much sense.
Favourite company I've worked for
This is a sweet place to work because the culture and the people are fantastic. You actually make friends here and that really helps your motivation and your desire to come into work everyday. The founders place a heavy emphasis on hiring people that will enjoy the culture and add positively to it.

The work we do is really interesting and it's always new and different. I never find myself getting bored.

The work-life balance aspect is quite strong. We can flex as much time as we need and adjust our hours where necessary. You also get 3 weeks of vacation and 3 extra days to be used as vacation or if you get sick.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits, fair salaries, really nice office, free unlimited coffee
Cons
Rapidly growing
Dont trust them
I was let go for literally no reason and was refused an answer when I inquired.
They have zero loyalty and do not operate their business in the way that they preach they do, especially since they preach Christian values all the time.

I was continually forced to do work outside of work hours without compensation and would have accounts taken away if I was not available at some point during my personal time.
Pros
Free breakfast once every week
Cons
They dont value employees
Loved my job and the clients worked with
Clients are great. The sales process is great.

Was sad when 20 employees were restructured without warming and then the company hired others in their place.
Poorly Managed
Great company culture. Young, innovative, driven and friendly coworkers. CEO makes very poor management choices, not the right person to run a midsize to large business like this.
Pros
Once a month company wide lunch, great social comittee
Cons
Poor training on product sales and sales approaches. Terrible management.
Creative Industry
Love working for Voices.com. It's an awesome office space, best people, and really cool projects/work to be involved in. If you want to join a company that is growing, and will be an industry leader the time is now.
Pros
Free food, Parties to celebrate milestones, awesome clients and customers, employees are great
Cons
Not much
Focused, dedicated, and modern
Voices.com is the new way to hire voice talent. The corporate vibe is fun yet professional. Working with the talent was a blast.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Strict quotas
Ask a question about working or interviewing at VOICES.COM. Our community is ready to answer.
VOICES.COM Reviews by Location