Voice Construction OPCO ULC Employee Reviews

Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 January 2019
I was a heavy equipment operator for the plant site construction. Good crew and General foreman so work was easy. Superintendent was great. Culture was good, Hardest part was the 10/4 shift. I would prefer 20/10. It was all good.
Pros
Camp and a pick up to drive.
Cons
Having to leave
A very good place to work, management involvement when required. A good mentoring plan for new site workers.
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2018
very good safety culture. Employees are appreciated and informed. Management demonstrates their support of the safety of their workers by attending site meetings an regular bases.
Pros
Cheerful work force.
Cons
Rain delays
Not good
Skilled labourer (Former Employee) –  Alberta25 September 2018
If u work for voice they will screw u over I traveled 4500 kilo to work for them and got 4 days work bad leadership at some off there sites safety procedures are lacking
Cons
Job security nill
good management
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 July 2018
drove lots of off road pipeline work
great benefits and wages
training provided
safety conscious environment
living out allowance
teamwork
supportive environment
Excellent place to work
Certified Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 July 2018
The work is challenging but extremely interesting. Family life for my position was fly in for 14 day, fly home for 7 days. Great for a person with older kids. Great bunch of guys to work for. The safety aspect for this work is far beyond any other company which made my wife very happy.
Pros
free room flights and food
Cons
not all camps are the best
Great company to work for
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 June 2018
Great company to work for they alway have somebody type of Sumer work. Pay ain’t great but they get the the work. Only worked on one job for them but I would work for them again
Great Team and Work Culture
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB12 June 2018
Friendly and understanding foreman and management. usually 40 hours per week. job is only temporary but that's the nature of the work.good for introduction to construction sites.
Great work place but not always working
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB4 June 2018
Working there temporarily
When there is work it's go go go bit jobs don't last long
My first job through them ended up being a bust and was without work for three months
fun place and great atmosphere
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2018
i really enjoyed working with this company the projects were nice and big as well i like the fact they the jobs lasted a long time so it was nice knowing when i wake up in the morning where i was going
Below average culture
another number (Former Employee) –  Alberta2 April 2018
If you think your an important part of a team think again.
culture of keeping quiet hiding incidents and promoting friends and hiring family. decent iron.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
Overall a good company to work for.
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB, Edmonton AB23 February 2018
I worked with Voice for 5 years on various sites and my experience with them was nothing but stellar. I went from being an apprentice to a GF with them and they gave me nothing but there full support. While some of the comments about the company are true (they can be very cliquey and i was a part of this) it most due to the family environment they are trying to breed. If your a hard worker, on time and do the task your assigned they will treat you like gold. If you whine, miss shifts an just stand around you won't last. My last few month with Voice were not the best but that had to do with the new management then anything else. If i had the chance to work with Voice again i would do it in a heart beat.
Pros
treat there good workers well, Pay on time, good safety program.
Cons
Lots of travel, seasonal work
Utility operator
Finish excavator operator, Heavy industrial work (Former Employee) –  Conneco Phillips, Fort Mcmurray18 February 2018
I was employed as a utility operator, which means I would run an excavator, loader, rock truck ,dozer and Grader, every day was different, but I was in the Burrow pit most of the time and had to run whatever piece of equipment that was needed to get the job done.
Everyday is a learning experience. Most of the time I was unsupervised, simply because I was getting the work done safe and on time.
Pros
lots of night shifts
Cons
Days off for rain.
Amazing place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 January 2018
I was new to the construction field and I never once felt stupid for asking for help or asking a question. I was given excellent leadership to help me become confident and skilled. I learned many different skills and equipment. And I was rewarded when I did good and given the chance to fix it if I messed up. Really team orientated.
Pros
Great leadership and support
Cons
seasonal work
Good
Senior Regional HSE Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 November 2017
Voice was a good place to work having the freedom to drive the safety culture forward. The front line Supervision were great to work with,The economy dropping was my reason for leaving
Somethings are Terrible
Field Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 September 2017
Excellent operators/ foreman's,but Superintendent was a lunatic .Lead Safety girl or i should say teenager with no people skills or safety skills and was only in that position because she was buddys with the company Super , Little girls club rules and favoritism.You have no one you can turn to who will listen to your concerns and if you do tell them, then you get "Laid Off" without a reason then they replace you even when you report a avoidable incident/situation ...it goes right under the rug and your deemed a troublemaker.You do not have a Voice at Voice.They did not practice what the preach which leaves you to guess on what the right thing to do is.Very Unfortunate
Pros
Ground workers and equipment operators were awesome people
Cons
superintendent and safety lead are not fit
Laid off Union Member while Union permit was kept.
Slave (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2017
was all good when I started there. Gradually work slowed down no big deal. Started to see "The Boys Group" forming and realized that I wasn't in that group. Got laid off just before Christmas with the promise to be hire back first thing when thing picked up. They kept a permit member on and people who had been there less time than me.
only worked there for 2 weeks
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB27 February 2017
again commute to fort sask was challenging, and I learned some new skills. immediate supervisors were ok and coworkers were good. hardest part of the job was being on traffic control and the most enjoyable was being part of a team.
Open and Fun Workplace
Construction Labourer/ Gradesperson/ Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2017
The workplace culture is very open and friendly. I've met a lot of great people and all of them have been very helpful with development of my construction skills.
Excellent atmosphere and welcoming team environment
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 January 2017
In regards to my position with this company, a typical day was fast paced and productive, always striving to develop more efficient construction plans to stay ahead of schedule and under budget.

The management was very approachable and supportive. They displayed keen business acumen and always welcomed ideas. Always professional and promoting a team environment.

The work culture was one of respect and camaraderie. The project crews were quite close and worked well together.
Everyone was able to depend on each others skill and position.

The hardest part of the job was having to layoff great workers at the end of the project.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when the crew would come together in unison to support deadline completion and critical objectives. The high morale and sense of team accomplishment that ensued thereof proved quite rewarding for all.
Felt very insecure with GF's at site
Industrial Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2017
I worked hard because that was what I was paid for, but there were others who were not as hard working and got extra days of work. I was often called for safety violations because of work I had done under direction from foremen(?) I do not think there was a chance for advancement as they already had their friends picked out to move ahead. I have requested, on numerous occasions, information, i.e., ROE"S, pay info, safety ticket. and have gotten little or no help.
Pros
Cons
Told to get approval before performing tasks, safety reasons, then blasted for waiting around and not working.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Voice Construction OPCO ULC. Our community is ready to answer.