Vogue Optical

Vogue Optical Employee Reviews

learning experience
I enjoyed meeting and greeting new people. I also enjoyed helping people. i learned how to use different equipment. I don't speak much french but was able to help the french people by trying to communicate the best i could.
Busy work environment
I worked along side of my boss. Booking appointments, doing recalls, taking insurance information, payments and cleaning. I learned how to take retinal images of patients eyes and check their pressures. Along with constantly being organized and personable.
Fast pace environment
Overall, I have enjoyed working here. My co-workers were amazing and the optical industry offers a lot to learn. The most enjoyable part of the job is the overall atmosphere.
Educational and always learning
A beyond friendly company to work for. Always continuously learning from the amazing co-workers, as well as management and there is always room for advancements.
Not bad if you're looking for a part time job.
It's not a bad job, it's pretty much like every other part time job. Make sure the store is tidy, help customers and do all the other little things required to keep your store the well oiled machine that it is.
You really should like customer service though, or else you're in the wrong field of work.
Pros
It's located in the mall, so you're on a direct bus route if you don't have a vehicle.
Great Company
Vogue Optical started out as a well respected family own company. While working for the company gained a lot of experience and met a lot of great people over the years.

The company was purchased by a larger optical group and since the the company has grown and great opportunities have opened up.
Pros
Great Employee Investment
Enjoy working with clients as well as co-workers
Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff.
Schedule and confirm patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries, or medical consultations.

Greet visitors, as certain purpose of visit, and direct them to appropriate staff.

Operate office equipment, such as voice mail messaging systems, and use word processing, spreadsheet, or other software applications to prepare reports, invoices, financial statements, letters, case histories, or medical records.

Complete insurance or other claim forms.

Interview patients to complete documents, case histories, or forms, such as intake or insurance forms.

Receive and route messages or documents, such as laboratory results, to appropriate staff.

Compile and record medical charts, reports, or correspondence, using typewriter or personal computer.

Transmit correspondence or medical records by mail, e-mail, or fax.

Maintain medical records, technical library, or correspondence files.

Perform various clerical or administrative functions, such as ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies.

inserting drops for diabetes, glaucoma patients

preform visual fields as well as OCT tests with patients

Perform bookkeeping duties, such as credits or collections, preparing and sending financial statements or bills, and keeping financial records.
great place to work
I started the day with cleaning the store and preparing for customers. I answered the phone, assisted customers, booked appointments, ran errands. Co-workers were great to work with, everyone helped each other. The hardest part was expecting to know about accounting when I had no training. The best part was enjoying going to work in a job that I loved
Pros
good work hours
A really good place to stay
I left this job because I moved out West. I wished I had never left this job!!
Pros
professional and fun
Cons
can't think of any.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vogue Optical. Our community is ready to answer.