Vogue Optical

Vogue Optical Employee Reviews

Excellent area manager but upper management made operations very difficult. Mall hours not great but par for the course. Change over of chain ownership was not as good as original ownership
Pros
Good middle management
Cons
Very difficult operations when New Look took over
I worked there for two years, and it was a pleasant and friendly place to work. I learned many new skills with working with customers and along highly skilled doctors.
I was only there for a few years but there was plenty of opportunity for growth. If I didn't move out of the city I would have stayed with them. Much room for growth, higher ups are very friendly.
I enjoyed meeting and greeting new people. I also enjoyed helping people. i learned how to use different equipment. I don't speak much french but was able to help the french people by trying to communicate the best i could.
I worked along side of my boss. Booking appointments, doing recalls, taking insurance information, payments and cleaning. I learned how to take retinal images of patients eyes and check their pressures. Along with constantly being organized and personable.
Overall, I have enjoyed working here. My co-workers were amazing and the optical industry offers a lot to learn. The most enjoyable part of the job is the overall atmosphere.
A beyond friendly company to work for. Always continuously learning from the amazing co-workers, as well as management and there is always room for advancements.
It's not a bad job, it's pretty much like every other part time job. Make sure the store is tidy, help customers and do all the other little things required to keep your store the well oiled machine that it is. You really should like customer service though, or else you're in the wrong field of work.
Pros
It's located in the mall, so you're on a direct bus route if you don't have a vehicle.
Vogue Optical started out as a well respected family own company. While working for the company gained a lot of experience and met a lot of great people over the years. The company was purchased by a larger optical group and since the the company has grown and great opportunities have opened up.
Pros
Great Employee Investment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Vogue Optical?
Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff. Schedule and confirm patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries, or medical consultations. Greet visitors, as certain purpose of visit, and direct them to appropriate staff. Operate office equipment, such as voice mail messaging systems, and use word processing, spreadsheet, or other software applications to prepare reports, invoices, financial statements, letters, case histories, or medical records. Complete insurance or other claim forms. Interview patients to complete documents, case histories, or forms, such as intake or insurance forms. Receive and route messages or documents, such as laboratory results, to appropriate staff. Compile and record medical charts, reports, or correspondence, using typewriter or personal computer. Transmit correspondence or medical records by mail, e-mail, or fax. Maintain medical records, technical library, or correspondence files. Perform various clerical or administrative functions, such as ordering and maintaining an inventory of supplies. inserting drops for diabetes, glaucoma patients preform visual fields as well as OCT tests with patients Perform bookkeeping duties, such as credits or collections, preparing and sending financial statements or bills, and keeping financial records.
I started the day with cleaning the store and preparing for customers. I answered the phone, assisted customers, booked appointments, ran errands. Co-workers were great to work with, everyone helped each other. The hardest part was expecting to know about accounting when I had no training. The best part was enjoying going to work in a job that I loved
Pros
good work hours
I left this job because I moved out West. I wished I had never left this job!!
Pros
professional and fun
Cons
can't think of any.